Digital TV Over The Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Digital TV Over The Air

I had the day off today & realized that I will be home at noon. I don't think I'll notice anything though since I'm hooked up to Dish Network. I'm curious to know what happens - hope folks will give some reports
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Is the crawl gone from KGMB on Dish Network...heard that they didn't flip to the digital feed from them yet.

Of course with the plane crash in Manhattan that may screw up the feed from KGMB...they look to be passing the live feed from CBS.

Comment

Hey, about 15 or 20 minutes to go...hope I don't miss the big event!
        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Ten minutes to go. I'm watching the New York plane footage on KHNL right now.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

11:56 a.m. now... woo hoo!!!!

Comment

Didn't notice any change at noon. KHNL actually went black (but had audio) about five minutes before noon, but only for about 10 seconds. Don't know if that was the changeover or if it was a problem with the live feed from the New York jet scene.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Noticed absolutely nothing. You would think after all the hoopla they would broadcast a message or have a big ceremony.

Nothing. Soap operas, infomercials.

Back to work.

Comment

Many of the analog stations over the air are airing a PSA(same across all stations) that they need to upgrade, that analog is gone stations now only in digital.

KWHE and KHET are still airing normal programming over the air in analog.

Comment

Okay, from Kaunakakai townside (Molokai) of Maui County I got:

4.1 - KITV/KMAU
                    4.2 - KITV weather
                    4.3 - ???
                    9.1 - KGMB/KGMV
                    11.1 - KHET/KMEB (requires signal amplifier)
                    13.1 - KHNL/KOGG
                    13.2 - ???
                    21.1 - KWHE/KWHM

I have yet to redirect antenna toward Ulupalakua, but my antenna can catch the above for now. I've yet to find KHON/KAII channel(s).
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

KHON/KAII digital should be RF 7...may be just a delay as they bring each station on-line.

KHET on Oahu was still broadcasting on analog for nearly 30 minutes after the noon cut-off.

For some strange reason, I'm getting flagged by my DTV receiver for KHNL that the copyright holder prohibits viewing of the analog station....WTH!?

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
                        KHON/KAII digital should be RF 7...may be just a delay as they bring each station on-line.
                        Maybe they are. Maybe I need to redirect my rooftop antenna from pointing toward Haleakala to Ulupalakua.

I wish I could do without the signal amplifier (I got one that boost 10dB), but I guess I'm gonna have to put it so me and my tenants can watch. We may also have to trim some of the excess cable if that'll help.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I noticed a slight "blink" at noon, but otherwise my reception seems just the same. and yes, Dish Network did stop the crawl yesterday. I was concerned when I kept seeing it the last couple of weeks & called the FCC help line. They said it was because the sat was still receiving exactly what was being broadcast by KGMB and not to worry. and KGMB made an announcement about it on their newscast yesterday.

After all the hype, seems like kind of a letdown yeah?
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Hey Random,

Glad you can see us...there is nothing on 4.3...reports we are getting from Maui/Molokai is that our signals are better in some areas than expected. Makawao was thought to be problematic, but they are seeing us my the elementary school in Makawao. I also got a report of being received in Haiku with an outdoor antenna.
                            I'd appreciate any input from around the state as to our ability to get a digital signal to your house.

Mahalo,
                            Mike Rosenberg

Comment

Is KFVE's Maui repeater still on the air?

BTW, KHNL's 13.2 sub-channel was NBC Weather Plus, but NBC pulled the plug on it at the end of 2008. I'm surprised that they haven't put a replacement in it's place yet, either KFVE for the neighbor islands or NBC's Universal Sports sub-channel.

I also didn't know that the NOAA radio station for Maui was affected by the move as well.

Comment

This is my first post with this account... But we wanted to let you know that we've been monitoring this forum for a while.

If you have any questions for us, don't hesitate to ask or email dtv@kgmb9.com.

Mahalo for watching,
                                Jared I. Kuroiwa

Comment

Working...
                                X