This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'Hawaii Five-O' 2.0!

So, who's producing the new version? Jerry Bruckheimer? Ridley Scott? JJ Abrams? Joss Whedon?
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
      So, who's producing the new version?
      Originally posted by NoCal Boy View Post
      headed up by the producer of "Criminal Minds."
      That would be Ed Bernero.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
        That pilot which I have on video was very lame. Danny Williams was the governor and he was shot at the beginning. Only thing I liked about it was the opening credits were updated for its time (late 90's). Star Bulletin has some pictures of some scenes if you go back in the archives and find it circa Spring 1997 I think.

Also remember Chin Ho was killed off at the end of the 10th season, well he shows up on the reunion. I guess Stephen J. Cannell wanted to revive the series but didnt study what had happened to former characters on the show.

Aj

You saw the pilot too aj? i thought i was the only one. a friend from cbs shipped it to me and i watched it once then lost it.

yeah, it was LAME LAME LAME. Russian mafia in Hawaii, since when? Part of the reason the original 50 was popular (in my opinion of course) was because they actually wrote episodes around what was in the local papers at the time.

But I felt bad for Bumatai, he did a decent job as the local cop who sulked when Russell Wong barked orders at him. I thought this was his chance to get some national exposure. Sorry Andy!

Comment

Yes I have a copy somewhere, a screener I also received from an employee at CBS at the time, I transferred it from VHS to DVD earlier this year and not sure where either copy is at the moment. I've had requests from people who want to see it.

Andy had some national exposure in RAVEN and ISLAND SON.

The one thing I hope is this new series will hire local talents in their respective fields to work behind and in front of the camera's.

Aj

Comment

Here's some info and pictures from the failed pilot from 1997:

http://starbulletin.com/97/03/28/news/story2.html

http://starbulletin.com/97/04/03/features/story2.html

Aj

Comment

[...]
              The one thing I hope is this new series will hire local talents in their respective fields to work behind and in front of the camera's.
              Local crew and talent are usually hired when possible. It's to the producer's advantage to hire locally as it helps the budget.

What viewers don't see is the attempt to cast many roles in Hawaii. But our acting pool is very limited because Hawaii's acting resources are so limited. More often than not, juicy roles end up going to mainland actors for the simple reason that they have the chops and the good Hawaii actors have already been used in previous episodes.

Comment

I can see the plots and story lines already.......

Successful cop buys mansion in Tantalus using Ice profits

Good guy cop watches woman get beat, then receives medal from Chief

Fun loving family man cop runs over pedestrian, and no drug test

Evidence room contains lots of sugar, so alleged drug kingpin goes free

Political rally at large ranch owners estate on Big Island includes politicians, cops, and felons

200 attendees at a chicken fight, and 2 arrests

Or my favorite.....

Napoleon complex cop runs off good coaches in youth sports program

Now thats good TV

(Of course, I made all that up myself)

glurg
                Last edited by timkona; August 18, 2008, 05:04 PM.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                  I can see the plots and story lines already.......

Successful cop buys mansion in Tantalus using Ice profits

Good guy cop watches woman get beat, then receives medal from Chief

Fun loving family man cop runs over pedestrian, and no drug test

Evidence room contains lots of sugar, so alleged drug kingpin goes free

Political rally at large ranch owners estate on Big Island includes politicians, cops, and felons

200 attendees at a chicken fight, and 2 arrests

Or my favorite.....

Napoleon complex cop runs off good coaches in youth sports program

Now thats good TV

(Of course, I made all that up myself)

glurg
                  That's a lot of consent forms you have to pass out or you might get sued for using their life story.

Comment

Cue theme music: Dum, de dum dum....dum de dum dum duuuuuum.....

Voiceover: "The stories you are about to see are true. The names have been changed to protect the guilty..."
                    No, I'm not the Larry Price, I just happen to have the same name.

Comment

Hawaii's got a lot of interesting crime that 50 could base many an episode around

- detectives investigate body found in burning car, could be linked to indoor marijuana growing operation
                      - serial killer on the loose in the neighbor islands with ties to organized crime on oahu
                      - serial bank robbers hit oahu with precision and automatic weapons, military ties suspected
                      - downtown gambling operations at war with each other, ends with shootout at a golf course after a funeral of one of the rivals

no need to even make anything up.

Comment

I finally watched Hawaii 50 for the first time yesterday!! (Wierd, I know, but I wasn't allowed to watch tv as a kid)

Jack Lord, is that the star's name? EEK!! What's with that hair? It's gotta be a wig, right?! And why does he seem to have a pained expression on his face sometimes, and an 'I think I smelled something' expression the rest of the time? Now, Danno, he was a handsome kid! Tee hee! I really like the show though, so far. Hopefully they're rerunning it this afternoon, too!
                        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                          I finally watched Hawaii 50 for the first time yesterday!! (Wierd, I know, but I wasn't allowed to watch tv as a kid)

Jack Lord, is that the star's name? EEK!! What's with that hair? It's gotta be a wig, right?! And why does he seem to have a pained expression on his face sometimes, and an 'I think I smelled something' expression the rest of the time? Now, Danno, he was a handsome kid! Tee hee! I really like the show though, so far. Hopefully they're rerunning it this afternoon, too!
                          Yes, that's Jack Lord, the man who could've been Captain Kirk.
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Re: 'Hawaii Five-O' 2.0!!

Seems odd in that McGarrett has a son, rarely he had relationships on the show, he was so consumed with his work.
                            One night stand? Egg donor?

I wonder who they would cast as his son.

Aj
                            Anyone but Shia LaBouf, please!

I wonder if they'll refer to Steve McGarrett at all? It would be a riot if Chris kept talking to him on the telephone and all we saw was an outdoor shot of a high rise apartment and a guy in a straw hat waving out an 8th story window.

Maybe the Chris character will be half 'local'?

Comment

Steve made out with the "hippy" character played by Nancy Kwan in the pilot, there was another episode I remember where Steve was framed for the murder of his girlfriend. What was odd I thought about the episode is they shot remembrance scenes of the two being happy together (i.e. going out on dates, being on the boat, etc.) and in reality we never saw the two together in any other episode. So we see his girlfriend dead on the floor in the opening few minutes of the show and that was it. So much for character development, I know, I know, the magic of tv and our imagination is supposed to have it all make sense.

Aj

Comment

Willem Dafoe is too old but I always thought he looked somewhat like Jack Lord. Josh Brolin is another one who might be able to pull it off, but his movie career is taking off right now. Unless that is the movie he is playing as George W. Bush bombs in the box office and he tries tv again. I loved the political show he had on a few years ago called "Mr. Sterling".

Aj

Comment

Working...
                                X