• Show
Clear All

Re: Where's Sharie Shima?

Is she not on Sam Choy's Kitchen too?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      Is she not on Sam Choy's Kitchen too?
      Yeah, but the show is on repeats of past episodes.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

The good vibes and thoughts are the way to go with Sharie. If all continues well, you'll see her back in action at the end of the month.

In the anonymity of blogs and online forums it's easy for some to say rude things that they would never dare say face to face to that person.

Check yourself, if your loved one was sick would you appreciate others saying something negative?

Granted you can't know the seriousness unless you're truly near the situation. But after a good amount of time away, doesn't common sense say it's a serious deal? Instead you get posts talking about not liking how she looks - "work being done" or "her front isn't so warm anymore anyway."

These people in the media, especially on TV, accept they're going to be judged to a degree by more than their work. I think it's fine to say you have this favorite or don't like that one. But there is a line to this type of stuff.

Again how would it feel if you or your family members had this said and discussed? The personal appearance or rude stuff, I mean.

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to remote control,i agree only what i feel where sharie is and this is only an Assumption that sharie's in the court case where former Weather and Morning Anchor Angela keen is suing Khnl and i believe who ever worked with Angela is also in this Court case only this is only My Belief since the time it was Mentioned that Angela keen's story appeared in Miss E's Column the buzz and i believe that Angela since suing Khnl was before Miss E's Column came out about Angela K suing khnl and who ever had worked with Angela is now in this court case,what may anyone's thought's be?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

<...fastening my HT seat belt!...>

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
              hi this is sansei and in response to remote control,i agree only what i feel where sharie is and this is only an Assumption that sharie's in the court case where former Weather and Morning Anchor Angela keen is suing Khnl and i believe who ever worked with Angela is also in this Court case only this is only My Belief since the time it was Mentioned that Angela keen's story appeared in Miss E's Column the buzz and i believe that Angela since suing Khnl was before Miss E's Column came out about Angela K suing khnl and who ever had worked with Angela is now in this court case,what may anyone's thought's be?

What a privilege it is to have someone at HT with so much insider information. And thanks for the scoops on MidWeek, Sansei!
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                Miss E's Column came out about Angela K suing khnl and who ever had worked with Angela is now in this court case,what may anyone's thought's be?
                Don't worry about the court case, Sansei. It's all going to be in Hawaiian.

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                <...fastening my HT seat belt!...>
                How was that one?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I know this is slightly off-topic, but I wanted to share with everyone a dream I recently had...

In my dream, our friend, sansei, was forced to enroll in a Hawaiian Language immersion class. The instructor turned out to be his favorite anchor, Keahi Tucker!

Sorry everyone. I couldn't help myself!
                  No, I'm not the Larry Price, I just happen to have the same name.

Comment

Gee, I have to admit I didn't even know she was gone temporarily.......I would agree that my thoughts are with her wherever she is and that she's doing well.

I do have to laugh heartily at the last post!after reading this whole thread! Very funny!

Comment

If you watched KHNL earlier tonight, Sharie was back on the job -- adorned with many leis!

She looks different, which leads me to think of illness, but that's all speculation, of course. Nevertheless, that smile was the same and it was really really really nice to see her back doing the weather.

Welcome back, Sharie!
                      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                      We're not here to mess around
                      Boston, you know we love you madly
                      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                      You know we couldn't live without you
                      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to lei liko,i totally agree that it's good to see the best meterologist Sharie Shima back and the lei's were a welcome back and that sharie herself wasnt leaving,she just returned from her long time off and i was so happy and as her no 1 viewer,i think she's the top's right up there with stephanie and Cindy Cha and M-ela david and M Sugimoto along with Howard and walter and jason tang.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                          She looks different, which leads me to think of illness, but that's all speculation, of course.
                          Just now saw her on the 10pm, and she definitely looks different. Doesn't really look like plastic surgery, though the recovery time from that would explain the length of her absence.
                          Whatever the case, she looked happy, and it's wonderful to see her back!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                            She looks different, which leads me to think of illness, but that's all speculation, of course.
                            I'm thinking illness too since it looks like has lost a lot of weight since she was last on the air (the loss is most noticeable in her face which is why she looks different). There was that particular nasty cold going around which knocked many off their feet for several weeks (some folks on the mainland and in other countries have had it since the ending of last year and can't shake it).

Judging by all those leis, plenty of folks obviously missed her and are glad (like viewers are) to see her back.

Comment

hi this is sansei and if anyone wonder's where sharie is,i heard on an e-mail from someone i contacted that she's taken sometime off and hoping that she'll be back hopefully this week and so is stephanie lum and possibly howard D took sometime off to possibly get rid of a cold i heard of or taken sometime off and this would be why the team isnt on and that walter and Paul are covering for them.Im Glad Sharie still has her job and that make's me smile:O)

Comment

FWIW, Sharie looks better today. Saw her on the 6:30 newscast as she's doing a live report at the Deal or No Deal casting call at Pearlridge.
                                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                                X