Ron Mizutani Jumps Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ron Mizutani Jumps Ship

I'd love to hear more Hawaiian (properly pronounced) as well. Someday, I even hope to find time to go beyond thumbing through a Hawaiian-English dictionary and actually take some classes to learn the language.
    No, I'm not the Larry Price, I just happen to have the same name.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      - unless they are like Joe Moore who delights is mispronouncing words!
      Is he truly from Aiea?
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

no, I think he comes from the land of arrogance & ignorance. He is the reason I never watch KHON news.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
          no, I think he comes from the land of arrogance & ignorance. He is the reason I never watch KHON news.
          The only time I watched him is when he was trying to make funny with Mary Zanakis.

Yeah, that was a long time ago.

Comment

I like Joe Moore. I don't watch him that often, but I don't have a problem when he's on.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

hi this is sansei and for once scrivener,i agree with you that joe moore is much better to watch though he enjoy's butchering the hawaiian language and i watch him for this and when sunrise for a week has their special with the kam song contest and if that's the case,i'd only put them on mute untl sunrise is done with that segment and go back to the original format of their show and i can watch once again with out mute.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                hi this is sansei and for once scrivener,i agree with you that joe moore is much better to watch though he enjoy's butchering the hawaiian language and i watch him for this and when sunrise for a week has their special with the kam song contest and if that's the case,i'd only put them on mute untl sunrise is done with that segment and go back to the original format of their show and i can watch once again with out mute.

Well thank's for your time
                Dude, you need not announce to us on what you're going to do in your statement above, unless you mean to antagonize.

We get it already, you intensely dislike the Hawaiian language.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                  We get it already, you intensely dislike the Hawaiian language.
                  The Star-Bulletin runs a weekly feature every Sunday that Sansei might enjoy.
                  The most recent example is at this link.

Well thank's for you're thyme.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Sansei's gonna hate Sunrise now -- they had a segment this morning in the 7-8 a.m. hour that was entirely in Hawaiian.

Comment

Originally posted by Spin Dr. View Post
                      Sansei's gonna hate Sunrise now -- they had a segment this morning in the 7-8 a.m. hour that was entirely in Hawaiian.
                      Shame on that kind of nonsense happening in Hawaii. Would be much more appropriate in, say, Peoria.
                      Last edited by tutusue; March 10, 2008, 09:53 AM. Reason: typo!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        Would be much more appropriate is, say, Peoria.
                        Will it play in Peoria? Do they speak Peonese/Peonies, a most floral tongue? "Oh, we are marching to Peoria..."

Comment

Or as it says on the tombstone of a great philosopher:

"Here lies W. C. Fields. I would rather be living in Philadelphia."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                          X