Quorn appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quorn appreciation thread

Has anyone else here tried Quorn 'meatless meats'? I know Barry mentioned it once, and its supposedly very popular in europe. I just had a Quorn turk'y sandwich, and I'm in love with this stuff!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Re: Quorn appreciation thread

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    Has anyone else here tried Quorn 'meatless meats'? I know Barry mentioned it once, and its supposedly very popular in europe. I just had a Quorn turk'y sandwich, and I'm in love with this stuff!

Like you, I love it and make it into burgers with sage 'n onion. I put it in with my spagetti.
    I use it as a mince. We can buy it here as chicken legs, ,, etc,,, but what's the point ?

It's a great alternative.

Comment

TG, if you purchased Quorn products on Oahu please tell me where. Thx...

Comment

Foodland has the most diverse Quorn selections, Safeway carries the chik'n tenders sometimes, and I hope that Down to Earth has a good selection of products, but I don't actually know. That's the report from Kailua!
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Cool...Foodland's just up the street from me. Quorn looks like something I'll like.

Comment

Is it labeled as "Quorn"? Gotta know what to look for, eh?

Comment

Sure it's labelled Quorn and you can

buy it in many forms, sausages, chicken legs etc.
              My favourite is mince which I can pop into the freezer, then use as much as I need. You can virtually turn it into anything

Makes excellent burgers and stir fries with rice and veggies. Put it in spagetti sauce with your tomatoe puree. Hey ! Quorn is not costly.

Comment

I couldn't find quorn at Safeway today. I looked in the frozen food section, and paid particular attention where they have frozen gourmet and vegetarian foods. Nothing. Should I be looking somewhere else?

PS: I did a search online for 'quorn in hawaii', and it brought me back to this thread.

Comment

Sharilyn...Foodland was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Sharilyn...Foodland was mentioned earlier in this thread.
                    Thanks, I'll just have to keep looking. I hope I don't have to go to Down to Earth... way too expensive there.

Comment

Working...
                    X