Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Heroes" on NBC

Originally posted by helen View Post
    I can assume that Sylar is the guy who opens up skulls and remove the brains from people.
    Er, thanks, Helen. When I asked, "Who is Sylar?" it was more a rhetorical query. Where he fits is becoming clear, but his backstory will probably reveal a lot. My guess he was the first "special person" the professor found, but after helping him develop his powers he turned on him.

Although Claire's adopted dad is being positioned as the bad guy, and has certainly done some menacing things, his character is multifaceted enough so that I suspect he could actually be on the heroes' side, in a way. Perhaps he's collecting or contacting them to protect them... and perhaps that's how Claire ended up his daughter however many years ago. Sylar may in fact be the overarching villain.
    Originally posted by hawaiidreamin View Post
    I am curious about that...so far she has not totally severed a body part and had it grow back right? I have only seen her mangle herself...
    It also seems she didn't start to heal until after the branch was removed from her head... and after that, some fairly severe injuries were gone in a matter of seconds. Every superpower has a catch, and I wonder if her healing is stopped if the weapon remains in her body.
    Originally posted by alohabear View Post
    For those of you lost about this show EW gave a rundown:Where the hell does she get new cheering outfits?
    Well, every superhero needs a costume. Hers is the most established! A pity that for all his familiarity with the rules and trappings of superhero-dom, Hiro seems to have settled on a snappy suit.

Comment

from her myspace:

Heroes - My dad.

I dunno, her cheerleader suit seems pretty fireproof.
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
        More importantly...does she have any other clothes BESIDES cheerleading uniforms?
        Ok, so she only wears cheerleading uniforms..... you say that as if it were a bad thing. (*duck*)

Here's my might-be-fun-to-think-about theory on Sylar and what's going on.....

Sylar is Chandra Suresh. In sort of the same way Niki's got evil-Niki, Chandra Suresh had Sylar, but he experimented one too many times with his alter-ego and now it's taken him over. Chandra's desire to seek out mutants and study their brains has manifested itself in Sylar as a psychotic desire to remove (and possible eat?) the brains of other mutants.

Sylar went to the house in LA because Chandra's notes told him a mutant lived there. He assumed it was the father, but it turns out the little girl is actually the mutant. That's why Sylar came back for her.

Mr. Bennet and his non-acronymed organization are chasing down all the mutants in Chandra's notes to protect them from Sylar.

Comment

i sure hope the series doesnt end with something lame like its all in the heroin addicts head.
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
            i sure hope the series doesnt end with something lame like its all in the heroin addicts head.
            The ole "reset button". I seriously doubt that will happen,especially if the show becomes a hit.

P.S. Hiro rocks

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
              Ok, so she only wears cheerleading uniforms..... you say that as if it were a bad thing. (*duck*)

Here's my might-be-fun-to-think-about theory on Sylar and what's going on.....

Sylar is Chandra Suresh. In sort of the same way Niki's got evil-Niki, Chandra Suresh had Sylar, but he experimented one too many times with his alter-ego and now it's taken him over. Chandra's desire to seek out mutants and study their brains has manifested itself in Sylar as a psychotic desire to remove (and possible eat?) the brains of other mutants.
              I seem to recall a message on Chandra's answering machine that picked up on a conversation between him and Skylar supposedly?...Am I mistaken? And did the son not visually ID his dad at the morgue and just get his cremated remains? If not...that would be an interesting spin on alter egodom
              Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

This Sunday night (10/22) will have a 3 episode marathon of Heroes, starting at 7pm (HST).

Comment

Felt kind of bumed on the marathon. They showed the second, third and fourth episodes. I was looking forward to seeing the first episode which I missed.

Comment

Did anyone catch the "season preview" trailer they showed immediately after the marathon? They had some interesting glimpses into what's to come.

Nathan can apparently fly at speeds much higher than the speed of sound. Hiro and Nathan will meet. Ando and Niki will meet. There was a lot more, but it went by too quickly.

Comment

Tonight's episode hints that Claire's dad might be a bad guy, pulling a gun on Nathan sort of hints towards that. Granted he didn't fire his gun at Nathan.

He does know about Claire's ability. Enough to use his partner to wipe the quarterback's memory of knowning Claire and what she did to him.

Comment

In other news, Hiro likes Waffles

Comment

Who doesnt like waffles?

Waffles wahoo!
                          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

So Niki's husband also has powers...invisibility.

Though they didn't show her this week, I'm still wondering what the little girl's power is.

And kudos to TPTB for having Nathan sans shirt. HOTT.
                            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                            We're not here to mess around
                            Boston, you know we love you madly
                            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                            You know we couldn't live without you
                            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I think he can shadow blend
                              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Niki's husband seems to be able to pass through solid objects. I don't know if you recall, but there was a fiction book which dealt with this ability. Willow Ufgood, a/k/a Thorn Drumheller had this same ability in the Shadow Moon trilogy (sequel to the George Lucas Willow movie).

Comment

Working...
                                X