No announcement yet.

How can you identify a time traveller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you identify a time traveller?

Okay my kid asked me this question and I gave him a good answer:

A time traveller in our time would be one of the most successful persons alive because they would know the events ahead of time that will increase their invesments, save them from disasters, and keep winning the lotto!

So who's a time traveller by that observation? Bill Gates possibly? Hmmm one has to wonder. He did say at a convention: There will only be one. How sure was he? How could he be so bold as to say that? He is the world's richest man alive. hmmmmm
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: How can you identify a time traveller?

whaaat?!
    are you living in a sci fi movie?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      whaaat?!
      are you living in a sci fi movie?
      Hmm, let's see.

Handheld radio communication devices that can reach worldwide? Check.
      Exploring other planets with robot landers? Check.
      Widespread genetic engineering? Check.
      Robotic artificial arms and legs? Check.
      Nuclear fusion reactors? Check.

Yup, we're in a sci fi movie all right.

Comment

Billy Gates can't be a time traveler, or else he'd have Longhorn already (or atleast seen the dual booting of Windows and Mac OS )
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          Handheld radio communication devices that can reach worldwide? Check.
          Exploring other planets with robot landers? Check.
          Widespread genetic engineering? Check.
          Robotic artificial arms and legs? Check.
          Nuclear fusion reactors? Check.

oh, none o' those are fact?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
            So who's a time traveller by that observation? Bill Gates possibly? Hmmm one has to wonder. He did say at a convention: There will only be one. How sure was he? How could he be so bold as to say that? He is the world's richest man alive. hmmmmm
            did bill gates really misquote "Highlander?"

and the geek shall inherit the earth, no?
            Don't be mean,
            try to help.

Comment

Quantum Physics is already defining the theory of time travel. It's just a matter of time (no pun intended) before we figure out a way to utilize it. And there's no Sci Fi behind that. Einstein already came up with a theory and our NASA programs have proved the existance of being able to affect time relative to Earth.

But I believe if it were possible and there are amongst us a time traveller I'd suspect it would be the most lucky guy on the planet or the richest.

Comment

Quantum Physics is already defining the theory of time travel. It's just a matter of time (no pun intended) before we figure out a way to utilize it. And there's no Sci Fi behind that.

So time travelling, although it is NOT happening at this moment, is NOW, science fact. (thanx to Q.P.)
                ONLY because "It's just a matter of time" before they actually discover how to do it.
                uh huh.

So: physics has fixed or marked the limits of this timetravel theory, and it is now fact?
                Physics made time travel NO LONGER an assumption of a possibility as a fact irrespective of the question of its truth. It IS science fact.

hmmmmm. no, I dunthingsewww...
                Last edited by kimo55; July 8, 2005, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Anyone got links to back up their arguments? I'm not really apt to believe what a radio guy and a high school dropout have to say about time travel. But is there scholarly/academic research published online, or maybe something done by NASA?

Maybe time travellers live in Harajuku... the clothes people wear there are so strange-looking they could be from another world.

Comment

Guess a time-traveller would always be in the right place at the right time. If there is any "Hard" evidence maybe it's in Area 51?
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

wow. I feel so young suddenly. To be known as a high school dropout. (even that someone remembers that tidbit!)
                      Soon, they'll be calling me "kid".

Comment

Kimo I'm glad you made that inference about the drop out thing cuz I graduated from High School and yeah I'm the radio guy.

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn once!

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                          Maybe time travellers live in Harajuku... the clothes people wear there are so strange-looking they could be from another world.

Harajuku? What about New York City...man there's a lot of weirdness going on there.

Comment

Kimo I'm glad you made that inference about the drop out thing cuz I graduated from High School and yeah I'm the radio guy.

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn once!

I never even walked through a Holiday Inn. But I used big words once!

Comment

Hmmmmm. I thought Micheal J Fox went back to the Future with that Lambourgini of his. We need to Invent a flux copacitor maybe that's the key to going back in time. I solved another mystery, now where to begin? Aaah I am no Scientist who am I kidding, I have to look for some guy Micheal J Fox called Doc.
                              A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Working...
                              X