Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doing the Dew

Originally posted by helen
    Managed to drink a bottle of Mountain Dew today that was expired two weeks ago. It was okay unlike the time a friend who gave me a can of Diet Coke that the freshness date expired 6 months before.

Ever look at the label on bottled water? It too has a freshness date. Hmmm since when does water spoil?
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Mountain Dew - Pitch Black

While getting my bus pass from Foodland on Monday I noticed that they are selling a new version of Mountain Dew called Pitch Black (or was that Pitched Black). I didn't buy it but the front label says it is grape flavor.

Comment

Re: Mountain Dew - Pitch Black

Apparently "Pitch Black" will only be available for 10 weeks, ending with Halloween (with promotions that tie the color to the spooky holiday). Check out the official site.

From BevNet:
        Mountain Dew Pitch Black combines the great taste of Mountain Dew with a blast of black grape flavor. It follows in the footsteps of Mountain Dew LiveWire, which grew the Mountain Dew trademark more than 10% during its inaugural six-month run in 2003. Building on that successful strategy, Mountain Dew Pitch Black will capitalize on excitement leading up to Halloween with a shorter, 10-week on-shelf stretch beginning August 21. In addition to Mountain Dew Pitch Black's spooky package graphics and in-store displays, a theatre commercial - parodying "B" horror movies - will support the new brand in 4,000 movie theatres. Additional marketing support includes an Internet "Dewsletter" and product sampling at General Growth Properties malls and at this week's ESPN X Games in Los Angeles. Mountain Dew Pitch Black will be available in 20-oz bottles, 2-liter bottles and 12-packs of 12-ounce cans.
        Note the line about General Growth Properties malls. That means you might be able to spot sample giveaways at Ala Moana, Ward Center and Prince Kuhio in Hilo.

Comment

Pitch Black sounds pretty good. So they've got orange-flavored Mountain Dew (LiveWire), cherry (Code Red), and now grape (Pitch Black). What's next... cola-flavored?

Comment

mountain dew is sick... tastes like hell and gives me a headache.... so yeah, i voted that i dont drink it.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
              Pitch Black sounds pretty good. So they've got orange-flavored Mountain Dew (LiveWire), cherry (Code Red), and now grape (Pitch Black). What's next... cola-flavored?
              Taco Bell is selling Mountain Dew Baja Blast. It is a lime favored drink. When I got dinner from the Ala Moana Taco Bell, that fountain selection was unavailable.

Comment

Tried the Baja Blast today. It tasted okay but it has sky blue coloring to it.

Comment

Before I forget I did try Pitch Black a few days ago (before the Baja Blast) it too was okay.

Comment

Had my first Code Red yesterday (my daughter hit the wrong button on the vending machine). It tastes like "sprunch" -- the ever popular Sprite and fruit punch mix. But, well, with caffeine.

Comment

Overheard a 7-11 TV commerical saying that Mountain Dew Pitch Black 2 is available. Don't know what's the difference.

Comment

Pitch Black II tastes a bit sour unlike regular Pitch Black. Like drinking "Sour Patch Kids," I suppose.

For me, regular Mountain Dew is good, I prefer it over most soda. Livewire is great, even if it's just orange soda. Pitch Black is just awesome, even if it's just grape soda...I drank almost a whole case by myself when we had that for the first time. Love those three the most.

Pitch Black II is okay with that "sour bite," I can stomach it if I'm forced to. However...leaves a bad aftertaste in my mouth and I have to drink tons of water to get rid of that overly-mucousy feeling (can't really describe it). I'd rather just stick with Pitch Black (or Livewire/regular).

I've been drinking a lot of Livewire lately, though. I'd say that one is my favorite.
                        Last edited by kupomog; August 31, 2005, 12:38 AM.
                        myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Guess I'm old fashioned. I like the original, though I can't say I've had one in awhile. By the way, what would be the point of caffeine free dew? I mean, without the buzz, why bother?

Comment

I guess for those who like the taste of Mountain Dew but need to reduce the amount of caffeine intake. I know it's available in Canada but I haven't seen it in Hawaii.

Comment

I was totally addicted to the stuff in the early- mid- eighties. Whenever I drink one now, for some reason they always taste flat compared to what I remember. Even when I pop the can it seems so dead, like a can of iced tea or juice. Maybe it's just a bad supplier for our workplace soda machine.. dunno just one of those mysteries...

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                                a Caffeine Free version of Mountain Dew
                                WHAT'S THE FREAKING POINT?!?!? Good lord, do they think I drink it for the flavor? (Actually, I do --- I got hooked on it as a Midwestern kid in the '60s.)
                                Last edited by Leo Lakio; September 20, 2005, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X