Serious contemplation of moving from CA to Maui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious contemplation of moving from CA to Maui

My husband and I are considering moving to Maui with our 2 girls, 3 and 8.We have always loved the beauty of the island as well as of the people. The main fear we have is the unknown for our kids - change of lifestyle. I know I love the lifestyle but how is it for the kids? Obviously there are a lot of people raising their children on the islands very happily but would love to hear any specific positive and negative thoughts regarding making a move. We would be coming from CA.
    Thanks.

Re: Serious contemplation of moving from CA to Maui

Moving to Maui in exactly 6 days. My sister lives there as well, 3 keiki one more due on Thursday. I'll get specifics from her and her family once I get there...schools, activities, etc. They're very involved in their community and live in Honokowai, just past Ka'anapali and before Napili.
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

Any info./feelings once you get there would be very much appreciated.
      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by pamajamat View Post
        My husband and I are considering moving to Maui with our 2 girls, 3 and 8.We have always loved the beauty of the island as well as of the people. The main fear we have is the unknown for our kids - change of lifestyle. I know I love the lifestyle but how is it for the kids? Obviously there are a lot of people raising their children on the islands very happily but would love to hear any specific positive and negative thoughts regarding making a move. We would be coming from CA.
        Thanks.
        What kind of change of life style are you fearful about. We have alot of trans-plant from Ca. Everyone learns to adapt to new surroundings, Just like how alot of local families have moved their families to Las Vegas.
        We have alot of private schools to choose from as well. Maybe you should overcome that fear by getting some books or dvd`s about Maui just to help your girls out.
        Our cultures are unique and the one thing we ask is respect for the Islands. Now that`s not to much to ask!!! By the way, what part of Maui are you planning to move too???
        I`ll gladly give you any info that will help you during your move.
        WELCOME TO MAUI NO KA OI.......
        OGGBOY
        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I know you have a unique culture which is one of my favorite things about Hawaii. The islands and Hawaiians have my deepest respect. We are planning to move around Kihei, as my father-in-law lives there. We have spent a lot of time there but my kids have really only been there as full on tourists in hotels. My husband and I have done a lot of camping and hiking and seen many different parts of the island.
          Don't know about work. My husbands field is in high finance but there aren't many jobs of that type there so we will both have to just figure out something.
          As for the kids - my main concern - I guess I just feel like I'm choosing a very specific kind of life for them in HI and it seems like in CA they are exposed to so many different things. I know it suits me but will it suit them?
          Anyway, thank you for comments. I'm open to more.
          pamajamat

Comment

Working...
          X