Djou - another balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Djou - another balance

Interesting winner take all to replace Abercrombie.

Everyone (the polls) were saying Hanabusa should drop out because Case was ahead in the polls. HAH! Hanabusa turned out more popular, and I predict she will be the Democrat contender after the primary. (So does the democratic party.)

But, will Djou endear himself adequately to the people in the meantime? I think it's time for more balance in Hawaii government - we can use more of a balance. Almost 100% Democrats (I know, but we're close) is stupid.

As for Case, maybe now it's time for him to find a REAL job! Maybe a used-car salesman. Time for him to stop living off Audry's alimony.

The picture of him in Sunday Star-Bulletin was classic, lips curled in anger and disappointment, finger pointing at (???). Djou and even Hanabusa had wide, friendly Island smiles.

Inouye supported Hanabusa, much because Case had the arrogance to challenge Akaka (much loved by Hawaiians and Veterans!). Some think that tipped the scale. I think it was a minor thing. People are catching on.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Re: Djou - another balance

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
    As for Case, maybe now it's time for him to find a REAL job! Maybe a used-car salesman. Time for him to stop living off Audry's alimony.
    Your HATE continues even after the election. How SAD.

Time to shut the door Kaonohi. Hate will engulf you until you are no more.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

[...]Time for him to stop living off Audry's alimony.[...]
      IIRC, alimony stops upon marriage of the receiver...or sooner if the divorce decree so states.

Comment

Last I knew, Ed Case is an attorney. So he has had a job for several years besides being a politician.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Of course this is already making national headlines...

A Republican wins in Blue Hawaii

At this point, nobody should be losing sleep.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I have a theory that the Dems "let" Djou win. It will get him out of the way for train-building and he can be replaced by a more compliant individual. When his term is up it seems he will probably be out of there. The Dems were quite aware that they were splitting the vote and perhaps there was a method to their madness.

He seems like a nice enough person in a cute I'm going to hold my breath until I turn blue way. These politicians, I believe, at the end of the day are more or less friends, Dem or Rep. When they are lined up at the free buffet and not doing their job I imagine they are cordial. And somewhere, the idea came up of "letting Charles win". He will probably have to pay for it somehow.

These are clever manipulative people and their strategies have more levels than seen on the surface.

OK, that's what I suspect. Perhaps, true?
            You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              Your HATE continues even after the election. How SAD.

Time to shut the door Kaonohi. Hate will engulf you until you are no more.
              It's not hate. It's distrust.
              But thank you for your concern.

Although I will do everything to ensure Case never again holds a political office in Hawaii, it's nothing personal, I just love my state and my country and I want to ensure it's run by honest and competent people.

K>
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Although I will do everything to ensure Case never again holds a political office in Hawaii, it's nothing personal, I just love my state and my country and I want to ensure it's run by honest and competent people.
                One thing is for sure — things are going to get bloody. Case has shown no sign that he will bow out gracefully after coming in last place. Obviously, Hanabusa will stay in, since she proved she has more support, at least among Democrats. In every debate, these candidates have clawed at each other with vicious fangs — never missing an opportunity to be petty or spiteful. At first, I winced in perplexity at Djou’s unwavering talking points that seemed almost mechanical at times. But now I realize that he was holding himself back from resorting to Case and Hanabusa’s “attack dog” tactics, which in the heat of emotion, he would almost certainly have succumbed to, had he strayed from his disciplined message.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

On a totally different topic but still related. My wife and son were in DC on a school field trip this week. When their tour guide heard about Djou being sworn in she made a few phone calls to her friends and were able to get the entire 8th grade class a front row seat at the event. After the swearing in Djou asked them to meet him in an adjacent room. There he was able to talk to the entire class and teachers one on one. He shook everyone hand and answered every question they had.

I thought it was pretty cool of Djou to do this considering the enormity of the event.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                    I have a theory that the Dems "let" Djou win. It will get him out of the way for train-building and he can be replaced by a more compliant individual. When his term is up it seems he will probably be out of there. The Dems were quite aware that they were splitting the vote and perhaps there was a method to their madness.

He seems like a nice enough person in a cute I'm going to hold my breath until I turn blue way. These politicians, I believe, at the end of the day are more or less friends, Dem or Rep. When they are lined up at the free buffet and not doing their job I imagine they are cordial. And somewhere, the idea came up of "letting Charles win". He will probably have to pay for it somehow.

These are clever manipulative people and their strategies have more levels than seen on the surface.

OK, that's what I suspect. Perhaps, true?
                    Well, my reasoning was that I supported Djou for Congressman as a reward for having opposed rail. However, since he ultimately failed in his opposition (premature supposition?), he may not be my first choice for reelection. [A good politician pursues AND fulfills his vision]
                    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
                    X