Yummy's Potato Salad Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yummy's Potato Salad Recipe

Anybody have this recipe, or something close? All I can find when I look online is the recipe with apples in it and that isn't what I'm looking for. Stay all hungry wanting to make some with the Kalbi I have marinating.

Re: Yummy's Potato Salad Recipe

How ironic. I just ordered a Kalbi plate from the Yummy's location fronting Kaheka Don Quijote yesterday, where I chose both the Korean style Potatoes simmered in shoyu and the mayo'-based Korean Potato Salad as 2 of my 4 sides...

Both of them equally, well, YUMMY!

I was also impressed with this Egg Fu Yung-like option they had, which I've never seen there before....

The eggs were super moist and kinda' buttery. Really ono!

At least now there's a visual reference.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

You're carbo loading, Pomai. You also have two scoops rice!

And is that the Korean-style egg omelet on the left? I love that stuff! Better than the Japanese-style layered omelet (tamagoyaki??). It's not as sweet as the Japanese version. And it's very refreshing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Ooops! I didn't see the last photo and comment. But I do love that omelet, and I think it's more Japanese-based than Chinese.
      Last edited by Honoruru; January 23, 2010, 05:04 PM. Reason: Too hasty. Didn't see the last photo.

Comment

AHHH! Jealous! Stay drooling right now, gonna start licking my monitor.

Need that recipe.

Comment

Honoruru, carbo-loading to da max! lol

Mano'iki, check out this recipe. I think the version I depicted from Yummy's with the mayonnaise coating it is a modified version of this. Consider having Sasame Oil, Kochujang Sauce and Garlic in your pantry as a start to getting it right. And of course some cut veggies to add to the mix.

But I think with that recipe you're on your way to getting it right.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Awesome, I'll be trying this tomorrow. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
              Honoruru, carbo-loading to da max! lol

Mano'iki, check out this recipe. I think the version I depicted from Yummy's with the mayonnaise coating it is a modified version of this. Consider having Sasame Oil, Kochujang Sauce and Garlic in your pantry as a start to getting it right. And of course some cut veggies to add to the mix.

But I think with that recipe you're on your way to getting it right.
              recipe is awesome! drained the shoyu/brine thing except for 2 teaspoons and added mayo (best foods, of course) and bacon bits. need to work on fish jun, then I don't need to go to yummy's when I'm on oahu anymore.
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Here's a version of the shoyu pots, and more -

Without the optional butter, it tastes very like the Korean potatoes. The "drop lid" required for the recipe is a lid that fits inside the pot right down over the food; Japanese use a wooden version. This helps liquid to evaporate slowly. You can also substitute a circle of parchment or foil. (Note: This is a VERY high-sodium dish; use low-sodium shoyu to reduce it. Don't use this recipe if you are sensitive to sodium.)
                Potato simmer: Peel 4 medium potatoes and cut into bite
                size pieces; wash in cold water to remove starch and drain. Place potatoes in pot with 1· cup dashi or chicken broth, 3 tablespoons sugar and 1› cups shoyu (it's important that you select a pot small enough so the broth just covers the potatoes). Cover with a drop lid. Simmer until potatoes are almost cooked. Remove from heat, uncover and cool. Reheat, covered with drop lid, and cook until soft and liquid is almost gone. Remove from heat, uncover and add remaining shoyu and 2 tablespoons butter, if using.
                Per serving: Approximate nutritional analysis per serving: 190 calories, 4.5 g total fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 10 mg cholesterol, about 4,000 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 11 g protein

This recipe from Kim Chee Restaurant is the real thing
                Korean potatoes: Peel and cut 2 pounds potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Immerse them in a brine of 2 cups water and 1 tablespoon rock salt for 10 minutes; drain. Combine 1 cup water, 1/4 cup shoyu, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Place potatoes in shallow pan or skillet and pour shoyu mixture over. Cook over medium-high heat 10-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove potatoes with slotted spoon and drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of remaining sauce.
                Per 1/2-cup serving: 90 calories, 1.5 g fat, 0 saturated fat, 0 cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate and 2 g protein

A tip for an easier way to make chopped eggs for potato salad or other uses. Don't boil the eggs, poach 'em. Just fill a frying pan with water and bring it to a simmer; gently drop as many eggs as you need into the water and allow the eggs to poach until firm. Drain and cut up with a potato masher or pastry cutter. This sidesteps the whole problem with over- or under-boiled eggs and shells that stick to the egg or get into the salad.
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I would just like to extend a heart felt "THANKS A LOT! DAMN I WANT SOME YUMMY RIGHT NOW" Thanks, lol.

I wish there was fast food Korean on the east coast of the conus. God, I miss some of the simple things.

***EDIT: I have a Lotte plaza, closes thing to Don Quixote that there is here in the NOVA/perhaps the whole eastern seaboard, and it has a whole grocery store, with the addition of about 6/7 "restaurants" or food vendors. Will have to take pics to share, but for $8 I get a bulgogi box with 2pcs sushi, salad, sticky rice, 3pcs veggie tempura, miso soup, sticky rice and a heaping pile of pretty damn tasty bulgogi. I can't ready Korean, but after checking my sales on the debit card, come to find out, it is called Yummy!
                  Last edited by TATTRAT; March 8, 2010, 05:37 PM.
                  flickr

An email from God:
                  To: People of Earth
                  Date: 9/04/2007
                  Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                  God

Comment

Working...
                  X