Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Craig, this too shall pass. Even though I'm sure that sometimes it feels as if it's passing like a kidney stone.

Just remember that God is never late. Good luck at your interview.

Comment

A few months ago my daughter and I went diving at Ala Moana Beach. We saw a lot of fish and even a tako but did not get anything. My daughter found this really nice and shiny shell. No one was home in the shell so she kept it. She placed it along with her other favorite things on her night stand.
      About a month ago a new student started in her third grade class. We learned that she came from Ethiopia. Both her parent died from Aids and she was adopted along her younger sister by a local single Mom. My daughter’s classmate could not speak any English at all. She was actually 11 years old but was placed in the third grade class to get her started. It was so beautiful to watch her interact with her classmates who all wanted to be her friend.
      One night my daughter asked if she could give her favorite shell away. I told her why. She said that her new classmate has never seen a sea shell before and before coming to Hawaii she had ever seen the ocean. I told her it was okay. A few days past and I forgot about her gift. One day I walked her to class and standing behind the new student is a lady I never met. They both start pointing at us. They both walked towards us and started hugging my daughter.
      Outside the class I learned that the lady was the mother of the new student. We started talking and she said she was not sure she was doing the right thing starting her daughter in the third grade. She was so afraid that she would get teased or not be able to make friends. This was all cleared up when she received that one unselfish gift from my daughter. This one gift made her realize she did the right thing. She knew things were going to be alright. That was the best part of my day. They are best of friends and planned a sleep over during the summer break.

Comment

Originally posted by 808Dad View Post
        [...]This was all cleared up when she received that one unselfish gift from my daughter. This one gift made her realize she did the right thing. She knew things were going to be alright. That was the best part of my day.[...]
        And it's now the best part of my day. <sniff> What a beautiful story, 808Dad. Thanks for sharing. <double sniff>

Comment

YAY!!!

My niece out in Cali got a bunch of flowers and got real confused about what they were for or who they were from.

Turns out they were from her Doc as a congrats....She gets to go off chemo!

Comment

My wife and I started doing daily devotionals starting yesterday. Our prayers were answered yesterday afternoon when I got a call from Big Island Honda. They offered me the position of sales associate. I have been unemployed for a year and a half with the last of my unemployment running dry as of this month. With our savings gone, retirement investments gone, and a few dollars in my wallet, life was beginning to look bleak.

But thru prayer I asked God for guidance and strength that thru his wisdom and our faith, that he will provide for us. I am grateful and will work with integrity and humbleness to my customers who have faith in me that I will help them with their vehicle purchases (or leases )

This is my promise to God and to those to whom I will encounter in life as a big Mahalo for helping my family thru these trying times.

Amen!
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Peshkwe and Craig...
              HALLELUJAH!
              Your Best Part of Today has become my best part of today. Lovin' your good news.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                My wife and I started doing daily devotionals starting yesterday. Our prayers were answered yesterday afternoon when I got a call from Big Island Honda. They offered me the position of sales associate. I have been unemployed for a year and a half with the last of my unemployment running dry as of this month. With our savings gone, retirement investments gone, and a few dollars in my wallet, life was beginning to look bleak.

But thru prayer I asked God for guidance and strength that thru his wisdom and our faith, that he will provide for us. I am grateful and will work with integrity and humbleness to my customers who have faith in me that I will help them with their vehicle purchases (or leases )

This is my promise to God and to those to whom I will encounter in life as a big Mahalo for helping my family thru these trying times.

Amen!
                Rock that sales board Craig! Congrats on the gig.

Comment

Congrats to both of you! Always great to hear of good things happening to good people.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Peshkwe and Craig...
                    HALLELUJAH!
                    Your Best Part of Today has become my best part of today. Lovin' your good news.
                    Keep your fingers crossed she continues to get call backs for 'GLEE'. She's on her third so far, but mostly she's happy she'll be able to ride her horse and compete in dressage without wanting to fall out from exhaustion right from the get go.

Comment

All good news - thanks for sharing it with us.

Comment

My application for Grandpa status moved from "pending" to "approved" today. My first grandchild was born this morning; mother and daughter doing fine. We travel to visit them in Iowa next week.

doesn't represent a wide-enough grin for me today.

Comment

Congratulations Grampa!!!

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Wuuuhuuu, Tutu Kane! Welcome to the club!

Comment

Congrats on the new blanket bug addition to your family! Now start planning your revenge for all the things your kid put you through by keeping an eye out for the wizzbang toys and age appropriate drum kits.

Comment

The best part of today (other than 5 or 6 hours of landscaping work in my yard, which I love doing) was learning that Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere in the world, there is a duck watching you.
                                Who knew?
                                Seriously. Look it up.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X