Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Please let us know the air dates, Auntie!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      Please let us know the air dates, Auntie!
      Will do.

It will interesting.

Name of the Program: Truth and Justice

Names of Guests and their titles: Allen Stack, Business Owner & Resident; Lynn Vasquez, Resident & Humanitarian; Andre Perez, Hawaiian Advocate; Tamar deFries, Facilitator

Acknowledgments: Donna Burns, Lee Stack, Evern Williams.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

you've met my friend Evern - I've known her for years! if she is involved with the program, it will definitely be good.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
          you've met my friend Evern - I've known her for years! if she is involved with the program, it will definitely be good.
          She is absolutely wonderful! The show will be an eye opener and very EDUCATIONAL! The areas affected are in the map below.
          Attached Files
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Shawn stopped by and asked
            "Hey, can I take your coconuts? (We don't use them) I'd be glad to trim the trees while I'm up there!"

(Twist my ARM Shawn!)

I'm glad they will be going to good use, I'm helping an acquaintance further his prosperity and I'm getting payback as well!
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Just surviving a psychologically challenging day. Knowing I have friends all over the world, including ones I've not yet met, is soothing.

Comment

The best part of today is...
                I just purchased Black Diamond foul-weather gear, sou wester hat and two Spinlock lifevest/harnesses!
                Recently I got official approval from my new boss(was previously approved from the old boss) to do the sail with Don from Cali to Oahu at the end of this year!
                I used Don's accounts to get wholesale prices and bought the other harness for him.
                Gear(#1680 & 1681) + Hat http://www.zephron.ca/garments.html#hats

Deckvests http://www.fisheriessupply.com/produ...dkm=on&km=part

Don's Alberg 30 blog http://alberg30.blogspot.com/
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Best part of today, so far, is that the "funkiness" I was feeling from my car's transmission turned out to be a servicing issue and not a repair or replacement issue. The latter 2 probably woulda caused me to sign the car over to the mechanic!

Comment

Got the basic road-trip planned out for late May/early June.

When my daughter gives birth to her daughter (due 5/21) - a/k/a my first grandchild - we will get the call, and a couple days later hit the road, driving from Seattle to Iowa. The plan is to get there relatively quick (about three days; I've done this drive several times, both quick and slow), spend a week helping out, then a more leisurely return drive, hitting a few sights along the way back (and adding several more states to the AFK's life-list).

I had been plotting various routes in my head for weeks, but I finally wrote out what I think we're likely to do, and discussed it with the AFK. Next up, a visit to AAA for some current maps and books.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                      Recently I got official approval from my new boss(was previously approved from the old boss) to do the sail with Don from Cali to Oahu at the end of this year!
                      Hooray for you!!! [/high five] And congrats on getting the good safety gear, too.
                      I'm curious why you guys plan on doing the crossing during the winter -- harsher weather conditions, and with the winter position of the Pacific high pressure system it'll require either a longer sail to get around the high (which has little to no wind) or else a lot of gas to motor straight through it. Will you have a weatherfax or website access on board so you can watch those isobars daily?
                      Oops. Thread drift. We can discuss this more over in the therad you started about Don's boat.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                        Shawn stopped by and asked
                        "Hey, can I take your coconuts? (We don't use them) I'd be glad to trim the trees while I'm up there!"

(Twist my ARM Shawn!)

I'm glad they will be going to good use, I'm helping an acquaintance further his prosperity and I'm getting payback as well!
                        He can twist my arm too!
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Late this afternoon, our House of Representatives finally passed HB444 - the Civil Unions bill. It now goes to Lingle for signature - we can only hope that she shows as much courage as the Reps showed today and will sign the bill. That was definitely the best part of MY day!
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

We recently bought a used Suzuki from a local car dealer, and when the deal was completed, I was handed a broken fob ("it just needs a battery") with a cracked case and one car key. (This fob doesn't start the car, just unlocks it.) After a couple of calls to Suzuki dealers, I received quotes of about $300 per fob to replace and/or repair. I wanted two functioning fobs, especially since there is only one key hole on the whole vehicle to open the car.

I got busy on the internet, found a new fob, received it and successfully programmed it for less than $60.00. Once I replaced the battery on the other fob (and glued the crack,) mission accomplished!

Now to get another key cut. Thank goodness, no electronic chips involved for that!

(Oh, and Cutter customer service called me the next week asking how my experience was. I explained the key/fob deal to the nice lady that spoke with me, and she assured me that the manager would take care of it as soon as he could. Two to three weeks later, no call, no contact. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me! I won't make that mistake again no matter how deep into the night we are working on the deal.)
                            Last edited by cyleet99; May 7, 2010, 11:40 AM.

Comment

I made lunch for me 8yr old daughter today. When I dropped her off at school I told her I made a special lunch and to think of me during her lunch break. She replied, "I always think of you all day Dad, LOVE YOU." She then ran to her class. I stood their and soaked it in. Can't wait to see her after work.

Comment

Wow, 808dad!! That's beautiful!

Best part of today - being in Maui and not working today. I'm staying in my room for once! After spending 12 hours a day on the beach everyday this week, I'm so happy to be inside!! I can still feel the sun radiating from my skin! Better part of today - I get to stay at a friend's house in Kihei starting tomorrow!! Later days, crazy hotel!!
                                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Working...
                                X