Time change on Saturday memo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time change on Saturday memo

I feel sorry for the programmers for KHVH and KHBZ. When I used to set up the recording schedules for those radio station's talk programming it was a total nightmare especially for Coast to Coast AM. Miss one hour of programming and the conspiracy theorists come out of the woodwork accusing KHVH of keeping the truth from the public by censoring Art Bell. Solar Flare interruptions were even worse!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      Actually, there is a part of Arizona that does not observe Daylight Saving Time as well. This would be the Navajo Nation. But other than that, the rest of the Copper State keeps its clocks at Mountain Standard Time on a permanent basis.
      Super confused. Isn't "not observing" DST the same thing as "keeping clocks at MST on a permanent basis?" If so, then that's exactly what Surfingfarmboy said.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        Super confused. Isn't "not observing" DST the same thing as "keeping clocks at MST on a permanent basis?" If so, then that's exactly what Surfingfarmboy said.
        Actually, what I meant to say was that the Navajo Nation in Arizona does observe DST. So unlike the rest of Arizona, they do move their clocks forward and back at the appropriate times.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          Actually, what I meant to say was that the Navajo Nation in Arizona does observe DST. So unlike the rest of Arizona, they do move their clocks forward and back at the appropriate times.
          Within the state of Arizona, which does not observe Savings Time, the Navajo Nation does observe it (as FM said). But the Hopi Nation, which falls within the Navajo Reservation, does not observe it. Please adjust your watches accordingly when traveling through that region on Highway 87.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Within the state of Arizona, which does not observe Savings Time, the Navajo Nation does observe it (as FM said). But the Hopi Nation, which falls within the Navajo Reservation, does not observe it. Please adjust your watches accordingly when traveling through that region on Highway 87.
            My head is spinning!

Mexico observed the time change last weekend!
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

It would be so much easier to just stay on daylight savings time all the time. At least that's the sentiment of the majority here on the mainland from what I"ve been hearing. It gives us extra daylight hours and with us working/commuting 10-12 hours a day, it's nice to have a little bit of sunshine left when we get home. Plus, it would cancel out all the confusing stuff.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

With the subject of time being discussed here, I was wondering if anyone might be able to answer something I've pondered in the past in regards to time zones. Here's the scenario: You are on a Pacific Ocean island, that happens to have the International Time Zone run through it. It is midnight Sunday on the Hawaii side of the line. Is it therefore midnight Monday on the Japan side of the line? (I'm using Hawaii and Japan as reference points to avoid any confusion as to what is "east" and "west" of the line) I'm asking this because I have a map that shows the time at the International Time Zone listed as Sunday 00:00 on the Hawaii Side of the line and Sunday 24:00 Monday 00:00 on the Japan Side of the line. Is there a 24 hour advance of the clock when one crosses the line from the Hawaii side of the line to the Japan side of the line?

Comment

This may help - or it may add to the confusion, Sfb:

Prior to 1995, International Date Line split the country of Kiribati. The result was that the eastern part of Kiribati was a whole day and two hours behind the western part of the country where its capital is located. In 1995 Kiribati decided to move the International Date Line far to the east- which placed the entire country into the same day. Now eastern Kiribati and Hawaii, which are located in the approximately same area of longitude, are a whole day apart.

Comment

Why did Hawaii throw DST out of the window?
                    Because we wanted to see how time flies.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                      Because we wanted to see how time flies.
                      Time flies like an arrow.
                      Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Arrrggh! My "cool atomic clock radio" reset itself on Sunday morning. Was late for work. Woke up and said to my self, I said, "self, why is it light outside?"

I swear it has not done this before; or maybe I just was not scheduled to work.

A new clock is in my near future; this time I want RED numbers, not BLUE! (messes with my night vision, and too dang bright, even if dimmed.)

Comment

Well, that just bites is all, C99!

I would think it should receive time signals from WWVH in Kekaha - but they may "adjust" for DST as well.

I wonder if there's an internal setting that you can change to get it to "ignore" the change code. Maybe look up that model on the web, and see if others have defeated that feature?

Comment

Hey Leo! Thanks for the suggestion! Gotta do it before the spring; it would be much worse to be an hour EARLY to work

ps don't tell anybody but I hate that clock anyway, and now I have another excuse to get shet of it!

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                              ps don't tell anybody but I hate that clock anyway, and now I have another excuse to get shet of it!
                              Life is too short to let crappy electronics rule you. DTMFPOSA.

Comment

The posting stamp time will state 11:05 PM, but the clock on the lower right of the computer will read 12:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X