Sriracha hot sauce APPRECIATION thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sriracha hot sauce APPRECIATION thread

"SAMBAL OELEK" (made by the same company)

That's what it says on my bottle of red sauce with a rooster on it. That's our fave; we've been using that chili paste since a nice Thai lady first handed us a bottle in the local Asian food store in Myrtle Beach.

So when you said Rooster Sauce I had to go look in the fridge.
    Last edited by cyleet99; November 22, 2008, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      You will be still feelin' it the next day, if you know what I mean. Had some today and goddesses are calling to me.
      Poor matapule...Are your eyes watering again??

**heehee**

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
        this thing is like an epicurean party in my mouth, and all the chilli pepper goddesses are dancing.
        I mix it in my tuna salad, just love the mayo-chili meld that permeates the sandwich, with the bread putting out the fire ever so slightly. Granted, that's how Bale serves up its tuna sandwiches, I just decided to make my own version at home.

I also love to squirt it into a bowl of soup. Today seems to be a good day for either of these items!
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
          ROOSTER SAUCE!!!!!
          hahaha I used to call it rooster juice til someone looked at me strangely. Now I call it rooster sauce

Comment

Mmmmm....love this stuff! I am never without it! I love that it has this strange combo of sweet and hot at the same time. I put it on everything like pizza, sandwiches, General Tsao/sesame/orange chicken, some pasta dishes, soup, etc. Seriously, it's my favorite condiment. I usually only see it in Vietnamese restaurants and have never seen in Chinese restaurants. I really miss this stuff when I'm at a Chinese buffet because it goes so well with the stuff I usually get.

I usually call it Sriracha, but no one ever knows what I'm talking until I mention the rooster. Maybe if I start calling it "rooster sauce" people will know what I'm talking about?
            Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by KeleiGrrrl View Post
              I usually call it Sriracha, but no one ever knows what I'm talking until I mention the rooster. Maybe if I start calling it "rooster sauce" people will know what I'm talking about?
              At least it's not called that 4 letter word for "rooster" sauce.

Comment

My wife puts this stuff on just about anything. Tuna, stew, ghoulash. etc.

We did have a great sashimi that was thin sliced halibut with one leaf of cilantro and a dab of the rooster. Excellent.
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                  At least it's not called that 4 letter word for "rooster" sauce.
                  Cock is a perfectly valid word for rooster.

Because of the cock on the bottle of Sriracha sauce, some of my friends and I refer to it as cock sauce. Of course, we sometimes laugh like dirty minded school kids when we say we're squirting such sauce into our food

Comment

I'm having it today in my Weight Watchers zero-point soup, and mixed in my pulled turkey with a wee bit of that Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce (gotta have a touch of sweet).
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I LOVE that Sriracha sauce!

If you mix it with this:

...it's the best sauce ever.

Comment

I mixed sriracha in my kim chee fried rice yesterday...it's like bridging amps on a subwoofer...the noise outta that thing was powerful
                        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Oh man...I am addicted to this sauce. I cannot eat without it when it comes to beef stew, stir frys, fried rice, jook, and pancit.

My wife had a college room mate back in the day, who loved this stuff and just hot/spice so much, she would get a bloody nose from all of the heat

There is also another chili sauce that comes in a jar that is similar and has seeds and heavily influenced with garlic. Not sure the name of it, but good with pho and pizza.

Comment

I remember taking a dish of it to a party (I didn't take the whole bottle because I thought it would primarily be for me and for one friend who loves hot stuff to put on fishcake patties) and I set it down on the table next to the patties. I made a general announcement that it was sriracha but a latecomer to the party mistook it for catsup and was unhappily surprised.

Comment

On the Sriracha Wikipedia page, it says there are garlic, galanga, sour, lemon grass, onion and ginger flavors of the stuff. I've only ever had the regular one. Anyone tried the others?

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                                I remember taking a dish of it to a party (I didn't take the whole bottle because I thought it would primarily be for me and for one friend who loves hot stuff to put on fishcake patties) and I set it down on the table next to the patties. I made a general announcement that it was sriracha but a latecomer to the party mistook it for catsup and was unhappily surprised.
                                Many chili pepper aficionados disparagingly refer to sriracha as "Vietnamese ketchup" because it is made from jalapenos which are among the milder chili peppers. But I think it has a nice flavor without overpowering the food. I like to throw a handful of sliced jalapenos in my bowl of pho in addition to the sriracha to "kick it up a notch".

Your story reminds me of the time my cousin brought a new (haole) boyfriend to a family gathering and told him that wasabi was a Japanese version of cream cheese. The guy spread the wasabi all over his sushi, much to the demented delight of my cousin and really got his sinuses cleared out. But I guess it turned out OK because they are now married.

Comment

Working...
                                X