Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dissing HawaiiThreads?

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    From my screen name, there is a link to a website of my writings on Hawaiian music, for the "Northwest Hawai`i Times" newspaper. It uses my real name; so much for anonymity there, Mr. Jones.
    Bravo Leo - I think I asked before is it o.k. to address you as such. I shall
    humbly read and honor your real name as well. Your friend LL

Comment

Nobody's perfect... even you Bob.

But I really think that HawaiiThreads is a great place to hash out ideas, get responses to opinions, and just share.

And with an interesting, eclectic bunch of guys and gals to boot!

Oh well, can't please everyone.
      Especially if they have something stuck somewhere. Ooops.
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I just emailed this response to the contact address for Bob Jones.

"Hello there,
        Why would you put down HawaiiThreads?
        To what purpose does that serve?
        Just don't get it. Uncool.
        Here's a link to my post concerning your comments...
        ( ABOVE^)

Wish you all the best and join in on the boards if you wish.

Aloha,
        Jeff Ruddy aka.-Menehune Man"

Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
          << Pours 5 shots...hands one each to Leo, Mata, Lika, WB >>
          Eh, thanks Tim. That was good, especially with da lime.
          Next round is on me. I'm firing up the solar-powered blender.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
            Wonder if her was mixing up HT with the Honolulu Advertiser forums...now thats some characters up in there.
            Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Yeah - my AF doesn't participate in HT, but she has gotten into several of the blog forums there lately. Way weird...
            What I find interesting about the Advertiser forums is the moderating (or lack thereof). They’ll wait until a problem festers into a full-blown catfight with libelous volleys collides in a spectacular train wreck. Then, they’ll delete all the perpetrator’s account, as well as his or her posts. All of them. Kind of drastic, but then again, it flows with the “minimal oversight” approach. It’s hard to believe Bob would have the audacity to compare the dialogue here to the chicken-scratch going on over there. He’s either not reading it, or highly sauced while doing so.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
              "And about those online comments from readers. So many of them are so emotional, misspelled, flat-out wrong on facts or show low-education syntax. If they were all helpful I'd have no problem with them. But they're mostly like the items you see in Hawaii Threads — very low-brow, attack-oriented, unsophisticated and written by people who don't use their names. What's the point?"
              Thanks for the free plug, Mr. Jones; there's no such thing as bad publicity.

I have to admit that nothing in your columns has ever inspired me to comment on them. The only reason we still take Midweek is for its vermiposting quality. But here's an interesting thought: if you're stirring up controversy & dissent on a discussion board then you're a disgusting troll. However if you do it in a newspaper then you're a respected op-ed columnist, even if you're getting paid to come up with something-- anything!-- before deadline. Go figure.

I don't use my name so that I don't beat people over the head with my track record or my credibility. My posts should stand on their own merits instead of resting on my reputation. But those who care to learn more can find my name in a five-minute Google search... hopefully the same can be said for you.
              Last edited by helen; November 14, 2008, 09:01 AM. Reason: fixing the quote tags
              Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
              Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
              We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
              Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                Bravo Leo - I think I asked before is it o.k. to address you as such. I shall
                humbly read and honor your real name as well. Your friend LL
                You may call me "Leo," you may call me "Gregg," you may call me "Uncle" --- just don't call me late for pupus!
                Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                What I find interesting about the Advertiser forums is the moderating (or lack thereof).
                And I should clarify that the AF participates in the blogging discussions hosted by the Advertiser, not the free-for-all regular forums.

AND...the internet provides such value to our lives!
                Last edited by Leo Lakio; November 14, 2008, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Good thing you clarified.

I was thinking either she's one hell of a battler or y'all get one weird relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                    What I find interesting about the Advertiser forums is the moderating (or lack thereof). They’ll wait until a problem festers into a full-blown catfight with libelous volleys collides in a spectacular train wreck. Then, they’ll delete all the perpetrator’s account, as well as his or her posts. All of them. Kind of drastic, but then again, it flows with the “minimal oversight” approach. It’s hard to believe Bob would have the audacity to compare the dialogue here to the chicken-scratch going on over there. He’s either not reading it, or highly sauced while doing so.
                    The best bit of insanity was when Kamuelakea registered as Linda Lingle and posted as her.

He was registered here for a bit....heh...

Comment

I will change my name. And my picture. Then I'll be anonymous.

Comment

I heard that the mainstream media never uses anonymous sources.

Comment

The best bit of insanity was when Kamuelakea registered as Linda Lingle and posted as her.

He was registered here for a bit....heh...
                          Any links?!

Comment

I was thinking either she's one hell of a battler or y'all get one weird relationship.
                            Well...true on both counts.

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                              (I wonder if he was the guy with the booze boat idea...)
                              Now that is classic low-brow, attack-oriented, unsophisticated HUMOUR. HUMORE. HUMOR. (ahh... darn misspellings).
                              Thanks MJoe
                              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                                Hi! My name is Leashlaws! I am thankful to be a member of the HT Ohana I have no regrets, misspellings or misgivings. Come find me at www.hawaiidiner.com (Roy's 20th Anniversary article) where you will see me with my chef friends who think I'm pretty articulate, accurate and down right fun to be interviewed by! Bob Jones, I used to sort of like you before........oh well I can change my mind
                                Yikes...Leashlaws! I always thought you were a guy til I checked out the link. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X