X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
    Some incorrect predictions for the 2008 election
    You forgot my favorite, at the end of this post.

(Yes. I am milking it. Tough.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      You forgot my favorite, at the end of this post.

(Yes. I am milking it. Tough.)
      If we're gonna talk HT member predictions, here's the one I'm proud of!

Comment

According to the Onion:

PHOENIX—After conceding defeat in the 2008 presidential election, former Republican candidate John McCain reportedly got completely hammered Tuesday night at the Veterans of Foreign Wars bar in Phoenix. "I saw this old guy just kind of slumped over his drink for a couple hours before I realized who it was," bartender Rob Dubbin said of the former Navy officer, who sources confirmed arrived at the VFW community tavern around 9 p.m. wearing his lieutenant commander's jacket and cap. "He must have had about eight or nine boilermakers in all. I heard him muttering something about 'Pennsylvania,' I think, but other than that he was pretty quiet." Sources said McCain continued to drink alone until well after 3 a.m., at which point fellow patrons had to carry the sleeping senator to a couch in the back office.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
          [...]Sources said McCain continued to drink alone until well after 3 a.m.,[...]
          Wow. What an incredible sad scenario.

Comment

I wonder if he dropped a couple of "C" bombs in his mutterings?

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Somebody ought to make a new drink called the C Bomb.
              What's the reverse of okole maluna?
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I hope everyone knows that the Onion is a Joke. In case you're not sure, check out this video they've posted on some of the Obama supporters:

http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...uses_obsessive

Comment

I wonder if he dropped a couple of "C" bombs in his mutterings?
                  Could be why he was alone...

Comment

Matapule,
                    Alright, my original post was simply to throw some other insight into Bush's Presidency and the way history will judge him. And of course I had a few drinks and read Matapule's reply and spouted off in defense - simply because I'm a fan of a good debate and with a little booze I'll argue any point regardless of my belief it.

However, I again will restate that I find it short sighted to simply blame Bush (and his supporters.) There were so many other factors - if you prefer to blame Bush for them, fine. I'll just read the posts with rosy glasses.

In regards to the declaration of war, specifically, you are correct. However 90% of Congress voted to authorize Military Engagement. In my opinion, we're arguing semantics here.

Trust me, I have had my butt kicked, and know the value of walking away. I wish we would never have gone to Afghan/Iraq. I just dont' think that it's a good idea to go in, start a fight in such a hot bed for anti-American sentiment and then not help clean up the mess. I don't have a solution, but I don't think just pulling out is a wise one. BTW, that was a reference to WWI, not Vietnam. And you are correct, I was born after Vietnam. However, I have read plenty on Vietnam - my Dad took shrapnel to his grave from his service in Vietnam. And I also know that Vietnam survived just fine. But I also don't think the we can compare Iraq to Vietnam. I find it interesting that you mention Johnson/Nixon, but leave out JFK. . . .

One point you made earlier that I must have overlooked, has probably been one of the most intelligent posts I've seen recently and wanted to commend you on it:

"No, it is up to us to solve the ills of the world. Less government is better government. Presidents don't make things better, we make things better. We, the nation, need to change our attitude now. Stop looking at the Presidency as your mother who is going to take care of you. We need to take care of ourselves. We can do it! YES WE CAN!"

I'm outta goodies for now.

Ragin Cajun

Comment

According to the Onion:
                      Last Call!
                      Buy Me Drinku!

Comment

Matapule...my DH's post was meant in all silliness. He very much enjoyed adding to the mix, and may yet get his own screen name. There was no disrespect meant to any HTers, yourself in particular. Calling names was not necessary.

LL...I liked his post, too!

I bow out at this point. Enjoy the ride, y'all!

Cindy

Comment

County Where Palin Hailed "Real America" Voted Overwhelmingly For Obama

Comment

A little levity but where's Biden?

Comment

Here's another 'negative ad' related to the "otherness" of Obama 'cause he was born and raised in ....

*gasp*

Hawai-ee-ee

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                                Here's another 'negative ad' related to the "otherness" of Obama 'cause he was born and raised in ....

*gasp*

Hawai-ee-ee
                                I don't know....maybe it's just me.......but it looks like paradise to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X