This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNL preview

Here's a snipet of Fey and Farrell teaming up for tomorrows show. http://primetime.tv.yahoo.com
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

• Re: SNL preview

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      Here's a snipet of Fey and Farrell teaming up for tomorrows show. http://primetime.tv.yahoo.com
      Even though I like Will Ferrell's impression of George W. Is it me or does material about ex-presidents or a soon to be one seems less funny, because it's not relevant? It's like a comedy series that jump the shark.

Comment

• Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

But, there's just 'something' that keep's you hanging on?
        yes!!! the election results!!!
        stay forever young

Comment

• Re: SNL preview

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          Even though I like Will Ferrell's impression of George W. Is it me or does material about ex-presidents or a soon to be one seems less funny, because it's not relevant? It's like a comedy series that jump the shark.
          I dunno, WB...you may have a point. Still, I find the Bush impersonator on Leno's show absolutely hysterical. Maybe it's because the material is so over the top. Last night's SNL was ok as was Will Ferrell. But, just ok. Leno's Bush...let me rephrase that ...the Bush impersonator on the Tonight Show continues to make me laugh...really hard!

Comment

It could be because we haven't seen George W. much during the campaign before and after the Republican convention. So, we don't see new material for jokes on him.

Comment

While I find 150K spent on clothes trite, I'm wondering this. . . .

wouldn't the 605 Million that Obama's raised recently serve a better purpose helping out the homeless than running stupid commercials?

wouldn't the 84 Million that McCain's is getting from the government's election coffers be better spent feeding the poor?

Are we so blind that we do not see?

Ragin Cajun

Comment

Yes, if this was a perfect world..., but in the world we live, without big $ you don't stand a chance of getting into the White House. Maybe that's a good thing, tho. With Barack having a true shot and possibly on the verge of success, it shows that virtually any American can ascend to the highest seat in the Nation, and most powerful in the world.

But as for the 150K for Palin's high end 'she's one of us' wardrobe, that money could have gotten 3 poverty level family's up and running as entreprenuers with a business and become viable force's in the marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  wouldn't the 605 Million that Obama's raised recently serve a better purpose helping out the homeless than running stupid commercials?

wouldn't the 84 Million that McCain's is getting from the government's election coffers be better spent feeding the poor?
                  I'm not sure where you are getting your numbers, but yes, what you say in theory is true. The problem is that the political parties have found that they can sway public opinion with political ads......whether true or not. The money is wasted on me, because I get most of my news on the Internet. I don't own a TV, so I have seen one ad on TV this campaign.

But let's look at the other side of your question. Most of that money for campaigns comes from individual contributions. Would those same people who contribute millions to the political parties contribute that same amount of money for "helping the homeless" and "feeding the poor" if there were a ban on contributions to political parties? I think I can safely say NO. Look at the Entitlements thread for an insight into how some people feel about 'helping the homeless" and "feeding the poor."

It is a sad commentary, when people will contribute money to the political campaigns of the Obama's who are worth over $2M and the McCains who are worth hundreds of millions and they whine about the comparaqtively paltry sum we spend on welfare programs. Is this a great country? I'm beginning to wonder.
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Oh my! McCain aide: Palin 'going rogue' :

From CNN Chief National Correspondent John King, CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby, CNN's Dana Bash

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (CNN) – With 10 days to go until election day, long brewing tension between Sarah Palin and key aides to John McCain has become so intense, it is spilling out into the public.
                    Several McCain advisers have suggested to CNN they have become increasingly frustrated with what one aide described as Palin “going rogue” recently, while a Palin associate says she is simply trying to “bust free” of what she believes was a mishandled roll-out that damaged her.
                    McCain sources point to several incidents where Palin has gone off message, and privately wonder if they were deliberate. For example: labeling robo calls “irritating,” even as the campaign was defending the use of them and telling reporters she disagreed with the campaigns controversial decision to pull out of Michigan.
                    A second McCain source tells CNN she appears to now be looking out for herself more than the McCain campaign.
                    “She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone,” said this McCain adviser, “she does not have any relationships of trust with any of us, her family or anyone else. Also she is playing for her own future and sees herself as the next leader of the party.
                    Remember: divas trust only unto themselves as they see themselves as the beginning and end of all wisdom.”
                    A Palin associate defended her by saying she is “not good at process questions” and that her comments on Michigan and the robo calls were answers to process questions.
                    But this Palin source acknowledged that she clearly is trying to take more control of her own message, pointing to last week’s impromptu press conference on a Colorado tarmac.
                    Tracey Schmitt, Palin's press secretary, was urgently called over after Palin wandered over to the press and started talking. Schmitt unsuccessfully tried several times to end the unscheduled session.
                    (...)
                    "She's no longer playing for 2008, she's playing 2012," Democratic pollster Peter Hart told CNN. "And the difficulty is, when she went on Saturday Night Live, she became a reinforcement of her caricature. She never allowed herself to be vetted, and at the end of the day, voters turned against her both in terms of qualifications and personally."

Big surprise.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

• Guess who's gonna be Queen Bitch Of The World?

Gotta hand it to Sarah. She's marketing herself on a level and like no one ever has before. Even with her extreme negatives, she's going to be a very rich and powerful lady.
                      The battle of celebritie megaladon's one- ups-manship between her a Obama (should he become President, for years) will be all the rage for many of those years.

Fun stuff!

Comment

• Re: Guess who's gonna be Queen Bitch Of The World?

Gotta hand it to Sarah. She's marketing herself on a level and like no one ever has before. Even with her extreme negatives, she's going to be a very rich and powerful lady.
                        The battle of celebritie megaladon's one- ups-manship between her a Obama (should he become President, for years) will be all the rage for many of those years.
                        Palin could take the course of being a female conservative demagogue on TV/radio, like a Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh. But in playing for cheers from the GOP base, she will be sacrificing her image as being a bipartisan leader, which is the image she used to win support for the governorship of Alaska from both Republicans and Democrats. How this plays with voters in her home state remains to be seen. (Imagine how humiliating it would be for Palin to tout herself as being the leading candidate for the 2012 Republican nomination for President, but then struggles or worse, loses her re-election bid for governor in 2010.) Being a far-right conservative firebrand may land her a TV show on FOX News (a la Mike Huckabee) and turn her into a media star. But in the process, it could also make Palin a very polarizing figure who will be unappealing to independents, moderates, and Reagan Democrats. These are the key demographic groups that a Republican candidate needs to win a national general election. The GOP base alone won't do it. So if Palin has serious aspirations in running for President in 2012, she needs to be very careful if she decides to take the "media star" route.
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

If she's free to do what she want's, radio will be a first stop. A good old fashioned radio hate war against Limbarf would be worth listening to.

Comment

• Yet, the shoes keep dropping...

Here, we have a peek into who the worker bees from the Bush admin. are that are handling Palin, leading to wonder exactly whom in the BA is behind the Palin selection, and why...
                            www.news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081025/pl_politico/14929
                            I say Cheney

and

www.newsweek.com/id/165695

Comment

Gov. Palin suffers another blow to her image as the hockey mom reformer elected to clean up the old boy network in Alaska. This time, its questions surrounding the bidding process to build the Alaskan natural gas pipeline that Palin kept tooting her own horn over during this campaign. An AP investigation reveals that the bidding process favored a company that has ties to cronies in her administration.

http://apnews.myway.com//article/200...D941RHM80.html

One wonders what her approval ratings in Alaska (already slipping) will end up by the time this election is over.
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X