Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's time for cannabis dispensaries in Honolulu, Lingle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time for cannabis dispensaries in Honolulu, Lingle!

As I watch the "Ghetto Birds" fly weekly over my home & neighborhood looking for for cannabis whether it be legal crop or an illegal crop. My head fills with many questions. Especially when I look at my kids sitting at home on Fridays from school. Yet with all our $$ problems within our state, we fly these crazy missions looking for someones medical cannabis patch! Of course it is my opinion that this practise which has been going on since the start of "OP Green Harvest", around early 70's will not stop until the laws are changed about property seizure laws. As long as they can come in and take something away for our own pockets. This practise will continue.
    Hawaii I believe was one of the first three states to sign up for medical cannabis thanks in part largely to former Gov. Ben Cayetano. Yet today, nothing has really changed in a positive manner in our state to make access to cannabis more readily avaliable within the state for her medical cannabis patients. If anything, Lingle has made it harder for patients to obtain their meds. So it's back to looking for the dealer in the shady part of town!?

Colorado, Cali, Mich.,New Mexico, Oregon are all moving forward to help people aliviate their pain the compassinate way thru cannabis. I know it will take time. The Federal Gov. has lied to us close to a half century about the dangers of cannabis. When in fact the Gov. should have been teaching us the virtures of cannabis instead!!!
    I'm so sick & tired of the "religious right" telling us how to live our lives. Our state is suffering just like Cali is. Sure it's on a smaller scale. But we are suffering just the same.

This state should be farming hemp! We are set up to do so by law. Yet we allow the DEA to scare the pants off local . For Christsake people, Hemp does not get you high!!!! Yet it could revive our state's economy without having to farm cannabis on a large scale which New Mexico is starting to imbark on. But this could be a hard sell. I'm one who truly believes that cannabis isn't the problem. People don't want to see it legal because of her cousin, Hemp. Before Hemp was outlawed. It was the number one rope in the world, oils were made from hemp. Plus have you ever owned an article of clothing that was made from Hemp? Nothing will ever last longer! Hemp has it hands in on just about everything. That scares big industry, but our state should be licking her chops over this idea!

But first is first. Honolulu needs some dispensaries....yesterday!

Re: It's time for cannabis dispensaries in Honolulu, Lingle!!!

Ain't none of that gonna happen until Neil is Gov., at the soonest.
    This State has withered ever further under Lingle in all aspects. Talk about wasted opportunities.

Meanwhile...
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

oh please.

Interesting that you cite the "religious right." As a member of the religious right, I'm frustrated that we still have laws that try to govern people's lives where government doesn't belong. The governor is herself not part of the religious right, as far as I can tell. Additionally, if you put it to a popular vote in this state, do you think the legalization of marijuana would pass? I don't, and whatever you think about the religious right, it certainly doesn't control a majority of the votes in this state. Quite the contrary.

By the way: it was people like me, a member of the far right, who kept the issue of medical marijuana alive when even Democrats wouldn't touch it. Medical marijuana has been a Libertarian cause for a lot longer than it's been a popular catchphrase. You should be thanking those of us on the far right for not letting the issue die when Democrats and Republicans were calling us nuts.
      Last edited by scrivener; January 11, 2010, 06:14 AM.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Re: oh please.

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        Additionally, if you put it to a popular vote in this state, do you think the legalization of marijuana would pass? I don't, and whatever you think about the religious right, it certainly doesn't control a majority of the votes in this state. Quite the contrary.
        Really?

My memory recalls how the religious right played a very prominent role in organizing and supporting the 1998 constitutional amendment vote re: same-sex marriage.

And if my memory isn't to be relied upon, there's always the archives on the internet to fall back upon.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_mar5a.htm

The Roman Catholic and Mormon Churches formed the "Hawaii Future Today" group to resist same-sex marriages. A second religious group, the "Alliance for Traditional Marriage", was also organized by fundamentalist and other evangelical Christians.
        Furthermore, both of these religions-affiliated groups threw its support and resources into a political action committee called Save Traditional Marriage '98.

http://archives.starbulletin.com/97/...ws/story2.html

Notice that the PAC's steering committee members included:

The Rev. Marc Alexander: Vice chairman of Hawaii's Future Today

Mike Gabbard: Chairman of the Alliance for Traditional Marriage
        When election time rolled around, the amendment passed with 69% of the vote.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Re: It's time for cannabis dispensaries in Honolulu, Lingle!

This is what I'm saying. Those aren't political conservatives voting against same-sex marriage. Those are the same people who have made us one of the most consistently Democratic states in the country. The religious right definitely had a part in publicizing the issue, but without the vote of lots of staunchly Democratic voters, it never would have happened.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Whoa! Democrat is not equal to liberal and Republican is not equal to conservative. A conservative believes we should change laws as rarely as possible and a liberal wants to try new laws as soon as possible. So, if you're advocating change - you're a liberal (on whatever issue you wish to change), unless you want to revert to a former condition. Same sex marriage is a change of application of the law, so conservatives are against it - regardless of their party affiliation or lack thereof. Democrats may predominate in Hawaii, but that doesn't make this a mostly liberal state - far from it. Most of us (Democrats, Republicans and others) prefer the laws remain the same as much as possible, so we can plan for our future without constantly getting blindsided by new legislation.

Cannabis is readily available for medical users and other seekers - ask 10 locals on the street, half will know a source, 2 can get it right away (caveat emptor). If you don't know where to go, ask any police officer or visit a card dispensing doctor.
            Last edited by salmoned; January 11, 2010, 03:02 PM.
            May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
              Whoa! Democrat is not equal to liberal and Republican is not equal to conservative. A conservative believes we should change laws as rarely as possible and a liberal wants to try new laws as soon as possible.
              This is one way to define the terms, but where the labels are applied to political dispositions, a conservative believes we need fewer laws (and therefore fewer "changes" from the natural state) while a liberal believes we need more. Let's say we were all brought into this world with no laws at all (which indeed seems to be the case). The original liberals would have wanted to change that, as you say. The original conservatives would have wanted to maintain that, as you also say. Once all these laws were put into place, the conservatives would be fighting for change -- a reversion to the previous condition of letting things be. The liberals would try to hang on to the status quo, thus resisting change.

Democrats may predominate in Hawaii, but that doesn't make this a mostly liberal state - far from it. Most of us (Democrats, Republicans and others) prefer the laws remain the same as much as possible, so we can plan for our future without constantly getting blindsided by new legislation.
              This is debatable, and in fact we've discussed it here before. Remember, it was this town under a mostly Democratic administration that determined lap dances to be a form of prostitution and therefore illegal. A new law where once there was none, and certainly not the kind of law that encourages letting people be. This state eagerly embraced hate-crime legislation, one of the most liberal concepts I can think of.
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

You think liberals and conservatives are at odds over the NUMBER of laws? That's way too silly to abide any further discussion (it's the nature of the laws, not the number that matters). As for 'natural states', I seriously doubt liberals OR conservatives are interested in any reversion thereto. Let's use the terms with regard to our current situation - then we'll all know [more or less] what we're talking about, eh? I'm just not prepared to argue the merits of lawlessness that your 'natural state' conservatives want - nor can I find those conservatives in any case.

That a Democratic administration changed the law is not a revelation, is it? Don't Republican administrations change laws also? Would a Republican administration have NOT outlawed lap-dances, given similar circumstances? Do Republicans only change laws to revert back to a more natural state? Of course not. Only convention suggests that Republicans are conservative and Democrats are liberal, reality is less clearly divided. Bringing political affiliation into a discussion of conservative or liberal policies is a red herring. Republicans as a group are no more, no less conservative than Democrats overall - haven't been in my lifetime, at least.

Does a conservative allow or disallow abortions?
                Last edited by salmoned; January 11, 2010, 03:56 PM.
                May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Labels like conservative, moderate, liberal (and heck, even radical!) are all rather broad and general.

It's very much possible for a person to be both liberal and conservative over different things. For example, there used to be a lot of Republicans from the East Coast who were conservatives on fiscal matters, but were moderate or even left-leaning when it came to social issues. But as the evangelical movement has gained in strength in the Republican party, you see fewer and fewer of these intellectual conservatives.

OTOH, you have Democrats who may be liberal when it comes to domestic issues, like civil rights and abortion. But they may be very hawkish on matters pertaining to foreign policy and war.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

vote libertarian!

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                    Labels like conservative, moderate, liberal (and heck, even radical!) are all rather broad and general.
                    I agree. Even labels like "religious right."

It's very much possible for a person to be both liberal and conservative over different things. For example, there used to be a lot of Republicans from the East Coast who were conservatives on fiscal matters, but were moderate or even left-leaning when it came to social issues. But as the evangelical movement has gained in strength in the Republican party, you see fewer and fewer of these intellectual conservatives.
                    When I was in college, I wrote an editorial piece on how the left-right paradigm wasn't working, and how we really needed a second axis to make it a Cartesian plane. I put governmental liberalism and conservatism (including fiscal matters) on the horizontal axis and social liberalism and conservatism on the vertical axis. This way, a governmental ultra-conservative who was socially a moderate liberal (the definition of libertarianism, I would later learn) would be distinguishable fro a governmental conservative who was a social conservative.

I thought I invented that. I was 23.

Now, of course, you can take online questionnaires that use the same model. One is linked-to from the national Libertarian party's website, in fact.
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

When marijuana is legalized I wonder if it should be taxed like cigarettes & chewing tobacco, or like an ingredient in brownies, or like a plant bought at a garden store. I guess it just depends on the contents & manufacture.

I'm not asking "if" it should be taxed, just "how much". And inevitably there will be complaints that the tax is "too much".
                      Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                      Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                      We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                      Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Re: vote libertarian!

When I was in college, I wrote an editorial piece on how the left-right paradigm wasn't working, and how we really needed a second axis to make it a Cartesian plane. I put governmental liberalism and conservatism (including fiscal matters) on the horizontal axis and social liberalism and conservatism on the vertical axis..

Interesting concept, but I think you have the axia all wrong. It is time to think outside the box with new paradigms. Reactionary religious fundamentalism (of all religions) has created a new set of rules.

I'd like to discuss this with you over a beverage sometime.

Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                          When marijuana is legalized I wonder if it should be taxed like cigarettes & chewing tobacco, or like an ingredient in brownies, or like a plant bought at a garden store. I guess it just depends on the contents & manufacture.

I'm not asking "if" it should be taxed, just "how much". And inevitably there will be complaints that the tax is "too much".
                          I'm one of those who oppose a tax on medical cannabis. Why make the sick & dying pay a tax on it? That just creates a bigger avenue for the state & Federal govs to jump in. These guys don't need their "dick skinners" on this medicine...period!

Comment

Medical marijuana has been a Libertarian cause for a lot longer than it's been a popular catchphrase.
                            Damn. So which political party advocates recreational use of marijuana?
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                              Damn. So which political party advocates recreational use of marijuana?
                              There is a Marijuana Party of Canada --- but that's probably not what you were seeking.

Comment

Working...
                              X