X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
    My view was from the indigenous peoples and cultures around the world who have been raped and oppressed by colonialism and western thinking. But it can be applied in much broader sense..

Correct...
    I don't think the 2 parties are very far apart because they both play the same game. Compromise...corruption. They have a set of rules already written so they have limited moves they can make. The whole system of government and way of life needs to go. Key to any great nation is self sufficiency. Globalization will be the death of humanity. Do you disagree?
    Okay... Even in other parts of the world there is corruption and compromise within the high-muckymucks. So "What to do?"

If a candidate for any office truly has an ideal and sticks to what they say...

I'll back them. The problem?

They lie!
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Posters who think that they are gaining sympathy or support or just attention by publicly announcing "I am done with this thread," because they can no longer support their perspectives with intellectual discussion and debate.

Then they come back anyway, usually with insulting comments and offensive behavior. These people are never wrong, of course.

The "I'm gonna take my ball and go home and you guys will be sorry then" attitude does not suit anyone over the age of eight.

Comment

I'm dont with this.. oh wait.
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Passive-agressive pansies... that's mine for today.

Comment

LL, I concur with your feelings. Unfortunately, some people never grow up. They seem unable to disagree with others without becoming disagreeable - the "if you're not with me, you're against me" crowd.

I also get concerned over single-issue proponents of a particular POV, whether I agree with them or not.

Comment

I've got a pet peeve about those green plastic leaf things that supermarkets put in all those seafood trays. I bought a small chunk of ahi from Star Mkt, and they put a plastic leaf on it. Why? To make the ahi look nicer? I can see if it's used in a platter to separate stuff, like sushi, but otherwise... what's the point? It just goes straight into the trash.

Comment

I have a Cold. My Voice is extra low because of it. However, I try my best to talk ever so feminine on the phone. First was the operator.

"Sir, may I have the Area and City?" She asked me.

"I am not a Sir!" I replied.

"OH! I am sorry...ma'am." She said.

Den I called the doctor's office.

"Hello, this is A. Vasquez. I'm calling about my Cholesterol Level."

"One moment, Sir." He told me.

I AM NOT A SIR!!!! I shouted!

"Don't assume anyone is a sir/madam!! ~ just say hello, may I help you!"

"I apologize" He puts me on hold.

"Hello? Lynn, This is Dr. E. Your Cholesterol is sky high!!"

"Yeah, My blood pressure is too. I've been called a Sir twice this morning!"

We both started laughing!!!

My doctor and me...not about my Cholesterol.

It's 242!!

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Lynn:
                  Eat your oatmeal! No matter how you try, taking a photo of oatmeal will not make it more appetizing for those of us who like food pix. But it will help you!
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                    Lynn:
                    Eat your oatmeal! No matter how you try, taking a photo of oatmeal will not make it more appetizing for those of us who like food pix. But it will help you!
                    Thanks Sis!!

I going start tomorrow. I'll be serious cause I have no choice if I want to live longer and see my children and grandchildren. I still gotta cook for my Honey and Ohana.

Today's menu is Gandule Rice!

Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                      I still gotta cook for my Honey and Ohana.
                      Cook healthy for them, too - or you'll be around and they WON'T! Not a good option. Go walking with PK more and more, too.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                        I am stewing about SciFi axing "Stargate SG-1" -- last episode this week.
                        It does make me sad..... but the show hasn't been the same for me since Jack O'Neil became a general.

Comment

OK - I know I shouldn't be this petty (or is it catty), but...... I really hate it when 50ish overweight and out of shape women wear string bikinis to the beach. Ugh!

Comment

When people order half the menu in fast-food drive-thrus and create gridlock. Please, if you're ordering alot of food...go inside. The extra gas used adds up nowadays.
                            Sing with me, everyone!
                            "Some folk'll never eat a skunk, but then again, some folk'll..."
                            like your mama, the slack-jawed yok'll.
                            --------------------------------------------------------------
                            http://www.haleakalatimes.com/ <--- better than MTV
                            --------------------------------------------------------------
                            The Nettle Caterpillar Must DIE!!!
                            http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/IP-22.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                              I really hate it when 50ish overweight and out of shape women wear string bikinis to the beach. Ugh!
                              Amen. And ditto for men wearing Speedos. I've said it here before, and I'll say it again -- there should be a process whereby people have to apply and obtain a permit to wear thongs or Speedos!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

The song "Before He Cheats":

"That I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,
                                carved my name into his leather seats...
                                I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
                                slashed a hole in all 4 tires..."

Songs justifying criminal property damage - don't need it.

(Cool tune, but)

Comment

Working...
                                X