Jail time for LOST actress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jail time for LOST actress

"Ms. Rodriguez does have 300 outstanding highway cleanup hours that she has not touched," said deputy prosecutor Sean Sanada.

-- 'Lost' Actress To Spend Time in Jail

This is the real reason she chose jail over community service in Hawai‘i. She needed some variety!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      I do know that a solid turning to a vapor without passing thru a liquid state is called sublimation.
      Right you are sir! But did you know about disposition? And no, it's not what the local guy said to his girlfriend in bed.

solid to liquid = melting

liquid to solid = freezing

liquid to gas = boiling

gas to liquid = condensation

solid to gas (skipping liquid phase) = sublimation

gas to solid (skipping liquid phase) = disposition

Comment

Michelle got 60 days from a Los Angeles judge yesterday for violation of the terms of her parole related to her first DUI hit and run.
        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Michelle Rodriguez to serve more jail time
          Actress Michelle Rodriguez was sentenced to 60 days in jail for violating her probation, a spokesman for the city attorney said Monday. Judge Rex Hesseman also sentenced the 27-year-old “Lost” star to 30 days of community service with the Sheriff’s Department, stints with the Mothers Against Drunk Driving victim impact panel and the city’s hospital and morgue program, plus an alcohol education program, said spokesman Frank Mateljan.
          Considering how publicly she violated her probation, and the maximum penalties she could have faced, I think two months is a pretty good deal. And I'm sure MADD will reap what it can from a celebrity participant, if not official spokesman. Her comments about community service, though, will probably come back to haunt her as she does a month's worth of work for the Sherrif's Department. I wonder if that means road work and suchlike, though, or just filing papers in a back office somewhere.

Did anyone catch her on David Spade's talk show a couple of weeks ago? It was classic. David said, "I don't know if you know this, but while you were in jail, they killed off your character." Michelle played it straight. "What?" They then critiqued her mug shot... and those of other busted celebrities.

As long as she doesn't have more "manic" episodes, she'll probably still be able to make hay out of this whole situation. Staying before the public eye and getting paying gigs, though, are two separate things.

I do hope she sorts stuff out, though. I actually like her as an actress.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            And I'm sure MADD will reap what it can from a celebrity participant, if not official spokesman.
            I could be wrong, but I don't think it means she'll be working for them. I think it means she has to go sit and get a lecture from a bunch of MADD folks, then she'll need to go look at dead bodies at the morgue.

THEN, she'll be put to work by the Sherriff's Department. Probably picking up garbage at a park, or on the side of the road.

Community "service" is just like prison... it's not meant to rehabilitate, it's meant to punish.

Michelle is going to get punished for breaking the law. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
              I could be wrong, but I don't think it means she'll be working for them. I think it means she has to go sit and get a lecture from a bunch of MADD folks, then she'll need to go look at dead bodies at the morgue.

THEN, she'll be put to work by the Sherriff's Department. Probably picking up garbage at a park, or on the side of the road.

Community "service" is just like prison... it's not meant to rehabilitate, it's meant to punish.

Michelle is going to get punished for breaking the law. Plain and simple.

Funny "community service" for Ray Conseca is to be able to continue teaching his halau, doesn't sound anything at all like prison. What kind of CS is that? Sounds more like BS to me. And the guy killed someone too!
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Funny, this thread is about Michelle Rodriguez... not Ray Fonseca.

Comment

'Lost' actress Rodriguez released early
                  Some people just have all the "luck".

Actress Michelle Rodriguez was released from jail early, after serving less than a day of a 60-day jail sentence, authorities said Tuesday.

Rodriguez was sentenced for violating probation terms after her drunken driving arrest in Hawaii. She was released Thursday from a Los Angeles County jail due to overcrowding, authorities said.
                  Last edited by lurkah; May 31, 2006, 05:38 AM. Reason: deleted Star Bulletin's redundant follow-up

Comment

Re: 'Lost' actress Rodriguez released early

Originally posted by lurkah
                    Some people just have all the "luck".[...]
                    The news reported last night, with some added editorializing, that she was seen in a bar the night of her release.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue

The news reported last night, with some added editorializing, that she was seen in a bar the night of her release.
                      Why not? What can they do to her, send her to jail? It's so ludicrous. What a joke.

Comment

Not a crime to drink at a bar. As long as she isn't driving a car after she has been drinking it should be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by helen

Not a crime to drink at a bar. As long as she isn't driving a car after she has been drinking it should be okay.
                          Those words couldn't have had been scripted better by Michelle, herself.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                            Why not? What can they do to her, send her to jail? It's so ludicrous. What a joke.
                            A joke, indeed. The editorializing on the news had to do with hoping she doesn't eventually end up killing herself or someone else...something we've already discussed on HT.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                              Nope, not a crime. But, imnsho, extremely poor judgement considering where she'd just been. Of course, she's not been known for good judgement. Drinking and driving seem to be her M.O.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue

The editorializing on the news had to do with hoping she doesn't eventually end up killing herself or someone else...something we've already discussed on HT.
                                Exactly, tutu. I guess we can only speculate now, but I wonder if you or me would've received the same blazing fast "Get Out Of Jail Free" card too? Well, maybe you with your charming good looks, but surely not me.

Comment

Working...
                                X