Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post

As if Scott Caan isn't already overshadowing lead actor Alex O'Loughlin as it is, TV Squad thinks Caan should be emphasized more? But you know something? I agree. My personal feeling was that if the producers wanted a stronger Steve McGarrett character who would carry the show, then they should have picked an older actor with a stronger screen presence. Someone who could project an air of authority and confidence over anyone else on the show. But O'Loughlin is nearly the same age as Caan. He doesn't have a tenth of the charisma that Jack Lord had. And his acting like the impetuous, loose cannon while the new Danno is more cautious and plays things "by the book" further diminishes the sense of McGarrett being a law enforcement leader who is in control over his team. The way things are headed, I do think the network might have to give serious consideration to having O'Loughlin and Caan being promoted as "co-stars" of Hawaii 5-0, instead of O'Loughlin being the main star.

The writer keeps talking about utilizing Grace Park more, and that makes sense. But at the same time, I don't think Daniel Dae Kim's role should be neglected. The burden that is placed on Chin Ho struggling to shake off the allegations that he was a bad apple in HPD's cart should be part of a developing storyline, which eventually leads to exposing who was responsible for the frame-up and clearing Officer Kelly's reputation once and for all.
    I agree 100% with what you are saying. However, I think they got it planned out well. As we saw a bit less of the Danno, last night. It was Chin-Ho as the side kick toward the end.

We still don't know Steve McGarrett that well (yet).

But they got two good side stories cooking when they run out of material.

Danno's personal life and Chin-Ho's history, they can go to that if they need to pull an Ace from the deck of cards.

Steve McGarrett is quickly becoming Jack Lord because we know nothing about him. They gave him a hottie (Navy connection) on the USS Enterprise. I hope the writers work on that too.

Thomas Magnum had dates and was smooth with the ladies. It make him lovable and human. Steve McGarrett needs more of that.

The "all-business" attitude is quickly like father like son.

Comment

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
      The "all-business" attitude is quickly like father like son.
      Are you saying that you think the old Steve McGarrett is the new Steve McGarrett's father?
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        Are you saying that you think the old Steve McGarrett is the new Steve McGarrett's father?
        No. See my post above the one you quoted.

Comment

The resturaunt that Caan & O'Loughlin visits..... Is it the one at Pearlridge?
          Cause I have been there many times when I used to work at Downtown Pearlridge.

Comment

It was three strikes and you're out for me. Not gonna watch this show anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
              I'm confused. Was his name John McGarrett or Steve Holmes McGarrett?

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                The resturaunt that Caan & O'Loughlin visits..... Is it the one at Pearlridge?
                Cause I have been there many times when I used to work at Downtown Pearlridge.
                That restaurant was Monterey Bay Canners. There's only one,.... @ Pearlridge, as you noted.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

There was a scene where Chin-Ho's Harley pulled up next to McGarrett's Silverado so Chin-Ho wanted to show Steve and Dano the bad guy's jacket. There was a big yellowish parking structure in the background with canvas shade things on the top floor. (time index 25:01, you view the episode at CBS.com)

Does anyone recognize that location?
                  Last edited by zff; October 13, 2010, 02:04 PM.

Comment

That's near Kawaihao St. and Queen St., the tall condo building is Keola Lai.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...6.97,,0,-29.24
                    Last edited by pzarquon; October 14, 2010, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                      That restaurant was Monterey Bay Canners. There's only one,.... @ Pearlridge, as you noted.
                      Mahalos.... I have been away for 10 yrs btw

Comment

Tia Carrere wants to play villain on "Hawaii Five-0"

In addition, my friend and colleague's 8 year old son will appear in the show on 9/25, playing the ukulele and singing Train's "Hey Soul Sister".

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                          In addition, my friend and colleague's 8 year old son will appear in the show on 9/25, playing the ukulele and singing Train's "Hey Soul Sister".
                          That kid's got talent. Saw him sing "Hey Soul Sister" and "I'm Yours" this past summer with Jake S. @ Iolani Palace.

Aidan Powell by macprohawaii, on Flickr
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                            That kid's got talent. Saw him sing "Hey Soul Sister" and "I'm Yours" this past summer with Jake S. @ Iolani Palace.[...]
                            Aidan's mom posted a video after his first time on stage with Jake. Aidan never missed a beat but he kept looking over at Jake in disbelief and awe that he was playing a duet with his idol. It was just so cute. And Jake was watching Aidan with such sweet pride. And now H50 for Aidan!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              I presume you mean Oct. 25? Aidan will be playing himself, and Eddie Kaulukukui appears as an unnamed musician. Surfer Brian Keaulana plays an unnamed surfer, and Butch Helemano plays... a priest!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                                I presume you mean Oct. 25?[...]
                                <sigh> I can't keep count of the times I've meant Oct. or 10 and typed Sept. or 9 the past few days. It's gone beyond senior moments! At least I didn't have Aidan playing the sax! Thx for the correction!

Comment

Working...
                                X