This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

gecko i'm with you. totally. we play it here on 93.1 the zone and it's the ONLY song we play that actually makes me change the station. gah.

now anything by justin timberlake on the other hand.... well that's the OPPOSITE of pet peeve!
    life is ok sometimes

Comment

I hate it when a mod changes the title of my Die Hardest 4 thread and doesnt reply to my PM. No one cares, so I guess I'm making a big deal out of nothing, but hey, I guess I dont have to post on this board either.
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Sorry, Hellbent, I didn't receive your PM. I believe Helen was the one that changed the title. As we request in our 'new user tips' FAQ, thread titles should generally be useful more than clever. Movie titles in particular, so both users here and folks arriving via Google find what they're looking for, and so we don't get duplicate threads when subsequent members think to discuss the same film (even after they're smart enough to search first).

I change thread titles fairly frequently, so that 'Check This Out' becomes 'New Justin Timberlake Album,' or 'I've Been Wondering...' becomes 'Advice for New Dog Owners?' -- and understand it can be annoying to some. I certainly hope it's not worth leaving us over, however!

Comment

no, i didnt pm you, i pm'd helen. unless you are helen or helen's SO, as she was the one to change my thread title.
          well its been fun, i dont agree with your rules so i'll switch focus to another one of my forums. imo it violates my free speech/creativity in some weird way (changing my thread title), but its your board, so im going to 'take my ball and play elsewhere'.
          its not like i contributed anything really useful anyway. it was enlightening for awhile, reading about watada and poitics, but lately its been fluff. ive been checking this board less and less often and not being able to edit your own posts and now this enforced thread title thing (maybe its not new, i started posting in 2004 i think, but this is the first time) leaves a bad taste in my mouth. no one else seems to have a problem with it, so i guess its just me.
          so.... good luck.
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

My Pet Peeve? Helen deleting my whole comment on the Transformer thread!!! Wat? I was answering the question of the quote. As a moderator, you should not be DELETE HAPPY!

Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Lynn, your post was just piling on and making fun of the whole thread renaming thing. I agree posts shouldn't be deleted willy nilly and I've asked Helen for a little more restraint. But really, she's just trying to keep a neat house, which I can appreciate.

We've debated endlessly about how this forum is moderated. Too strictly for some, not strictly enough for others. What can I say, we try to strike a balance that makes for the best virtual "hale" for everyone. It means a lot to me that you're here, but we're certainly not forcing anyone to stay. There are plenty of other forums out there with different flavors and styles to choose from. If they'll let you in! As I told Hellbent, I'm sorry to see him go, but surely I'm glad he's got a spot that works exactly the way he likes it.

Comments on how HawaiiThreads.com is run are always welcome, just not splattered all over the place. And I appreciate and take every comment to heart. But realistically, though I will defend the real First Amendment and so-called "freedom of speech" to the ends of the Earth, for the most part those rights end when you've stepped into someone else's house. I just happen to think I run this particular house relatively well. Open and fun, and sharp and smart.

Comment

Yeah, yeah...I know.heheheh

I Love HT very, very, very MUCHY!!

I sorry.

I go take my pills now.

Lynn
                Last edited by 1stwahine; July 6, 2007, 06:30 AM.
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

My pet peeve is from the 4th....it is the man who went in the back of the park to "do his business" (pee) and made sure to take his gun and clip out and lay it down on the ground while he did his business.....I walked into him while taking my boys to the bathroom....that did not make me a happy mom!!
                  I guess I have to get used to being in the big city...This was BTW North Carolina in Elizabeth City.
                  Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                  Sharing withother survivors...
                  www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I have two peeves today (I've been saving up):

1. Arsonists. Not only are the crimes they commit despicable and cowardly, these individuals are a drain on society. If they're looking for attention, one might suggest they immoliate themselves in the Afghan mountains with a wide-dispersal Napalm charge in protest of Dubya's ever-changing Iraq occupation goal. It might kill four birds with one stone: a) flash fry Osama in the process, b) prevent the terrorists & secterian combatants harming any more of our troops, c) prod the windbags in D.C. into pulling out of Iraq and ... d) get rid of the arsonists.

2. Hate/Fear Mongers. They twist and manufacture "facts" to suit the outlandish generalizations they crap out of their mouths. Whether the goal is to boost ratings/circulation or to bend a populace to support your imperialistic policies, the sad fact of the matter is that many Americans have historical ADD. How else can you explain why a country would tolerate the kind of yellow journalism and jingoism that is so pervasive in today's society? Hearst would be proud.
                    "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

I live on Maui, and I just hate it when I hear on the radio or TV, an advertisement where they mispronounce Kahului and say "Kahalui". I don't mind at all if I hear it on the street, but not on the air!!!!

Or if they say "Hanalulu" instead of Honolulu. Grrrrr!

Comment

i think this qualifies as my pet peeve forever: people who are selfish, non-signalling, inconsiderate and dangerous drivers. i swear, they multiply like tribbles, and they care for nothing but themselves and their own convenience.

just this past sunday, while going from h-1 to the likelike, passing the kalihi Y, we were in the far left lane. this woman in an MPV in the lane to the right of us started moving into our lane, nearly swiping everything forward of my right front tire with her MPV okole--no signal or anything, on top of that. she would have hit us if eric didn't honk at her. and then she drifted without any sense of urgency back into her original lane. i was so incensed i rolled down my window and yelled at her to pay more attention when we met at the likelike-school street intersection. the driver gave me this cowlike blank look, as if nothing in the world was ever wrong.

still, she stayed in her lane while eric and i moved on. (i guess the image angry fili woman gesticulating at her might have been a little peturbing, even if it's likely she didn't understand why i was yelling at her). i watched her in my visor and side view mirrors and saw her switch back into our lane, three cars behind, again not signalling. luckily, she she did so without being near anyone else.

much to my amazement, a minute later, i saw her move from the lane we shared, which was the very left lane, cut rather closely across the nose of an x5, which was in the middle lane, and then cut again across the right-most lane in just enough time to make the last right turn possible to get off likelike. and she did this all without signalling, and all in one fell swoop. unbelieveable!

one of these days, that lady is get into an accident, and it aint gonna be a mere fender bender. the sad thing is she'll likely hurt someone else more than she'll hurt herself.

"If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
                          i think this qualifies as my pet peeve forever: people who are selfish, non-signalling, inconsiderate and dangerous drivers. i swear, they multiply like tribbles, and they care for nothing but themselves and their own convenience.
                          We are only allowed to pass from the left hand lane...no weaving in and out of traffic. It's a much better way to drive safely.
                          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
                            while eric and i moved on
                            "Cyn," are you using "Eric"'s account just to confuse us? Someone will probably get peeved about that.

You know, I've noticed that a number of your posts have to do with finding fault with other drivers' habits. Perhaps you need to find ways to chill out more when you have to deal with traffic lolos; they will always exist, they will always do things that put others at risk, they will always remain clueless about what they have done. The only thing you can control or change is how you deal with the situation.

Their behavior is never worth having a stroke over. The more you can relax and slough it off, the better your own driving experiences will be, and the less susceptible you will be to road rage (or causing it in others.) Drive nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              "Cyn," are you using "Eric"'s account just to confuse us? Someone will probably get peeved about that.
                              I actually did get confused for a second, "hey wait a minute, wasn't there another person with a reference to Eric....". But not peeved.

Comment

InCOMPetent USA's continued practice of not bringing in enough stock for ad items. An ad just broke yesterday for a bunch of stuff, including a 1 gig USB jump drive for $12, which according to their website, the Kaka'ako location had IN stock. So I go in yesterday and what? ZERO. ZIP. NODDA. NOTTIN'.

The guy tells me, "our system shows negative 30, so that could mean the corporate sales department sold all of them to a school or somethin'."
                                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                                X