Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vanity Plates

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    Immediate first impression: the vehicle belongs to bluesman B.B. King.
    (For the uninitiated, his guitar is named "Lucille".)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

After shipping my almost-brand new '72 Datsun 510 from Honolulu to the Bay Area, I got KIMO U because I started calling myself Kimo. Since then, that plate has jumped from that Datsun to a '92 Toyota pickup truck then to my latest car, a '97 Toyota RAV4. During my travels through NV, ID, OR & WA, I periodically get the shaka. The KCCN license plate holder probably doesn't hurt.

Oh, yeah, when I bought my '78 Lancia Beta coupe, I got RANCIA for my plate. I claimed to be Italian for so long that I wanted to reclaim my Asian heritage.
      Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        I thought that was Frank Delima's license plate.

In Reader's Digest a middle-aged overweight reader quipped about his vanity plates when he wrote regarding his plates on his new sports car: 18 AGN for 18 years old again.

His teenage son came home and said, "Cool plates dad...I ate again"

But I like: 5-4-4 Go Shi Shi
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I saw one on a black guy's motorcycle that said "POPOLO".

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
            Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            I thought that was Frank Delima's license plate.
            *WHOOSH*

Bet the local reference went right over his head...

Comment

Saw this on a Camry: MW 2KDS

Being that the Camry is a "family sedan" .............

Comment

I wanted to put 6BOYS or 6BOYZ on my Astrovan but both were taken. In 15-years maybe I can put on whatever I'll be driving: MTNEST.

Comment

I saw the plates "KIMO" and "4 KIMO", remembering that I think someone here has those plates.
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

When I lived in Hawaii last, I remember 2 vanity plates;

Jedi and "God". The God one was funny because the car looked so shabby :P

Comment

• Re: Vanity Plates

being a trekker, i thot this was sweet:

IMZADI

i'm planning to buy a MINI cooper S later this year (yaaaaay turbo) and i envy this plate very much (but heard it got complaints from the prudish):

KISSMYS
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

• Re: Weird license plates you've seen

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                        I saw its companion on a girl's porche. 3M TA3
                        Not weird but i had HER6T5 on a Mustang once. Couldnt believe how many couldnt figure it out. Did however see a really messed up one shortly after getting out of the hospital from losing a baby at 19 weeks and it was simply the name of the drug they used to soften the cervix so that delivery would begin---Csomething, 7 letters cuz thats all you get here in Oklahoma.
                        If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

• Re: Weird license plates you've seen

mine would be MONEIL. my dad got his like that and my brother. not with the M obviously. with thier own letters of their first name.

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                            being a trekker, i thot this was sweet:

IMZADI

i'm planning to buy a MINI cooper S later this year (yaaaaay turbo) and i envy this plate very much (but heard it got complaints from the prudish):

KISSMYS
                            A friend of mine has a real Mini Cooper and his license plate reads: UR2BIG

Okay OT but I was sitting in my car in the Home Depot Parking lot when I glanced out of my rear view mirror to see the emblem SUBARU on a Forrester. Backwards it read YOU ARE A BUS. Get it? URABUS. That would be an interesting vanity plate I'd love to see on a Subaru.

Comment

THAT is REALLY clever, Craig! I hope a Subaru owner nabs it before someone gets it.

For some reason, we have lots o Hummers on our island. I saw a bright yellow one the other day. It reminded me of a school bus. Probably need a 7 letter plate to spell that so everybody would get it.

My car's model is called SLK. My softball team's name was "Slackers". My plate reads "SLKERS"

Comment

Originally posted by alohatim View Post
                                THAT is REALLY clever, Craig! I hope a Subaru owner nabs it before someone gets it.
                                I never got why someone would put their car's make/model onto a license plate. What happens if they sell that car and want to use those plates on a different model car?
                                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
                                X