Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weight Watchers

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
    One of the main reasons why you end up with bad knees from bike riding is because your seat isn't adjusted properly (it's probably too low). Miulang

I used to bike to work in Idaho everyday 7-days a week. That was 11-miles in and 11-miles back. When I wasn't working I'd bike across Southwestern Idaho taking 110-mile treks and back.

In the 4-years there I logged in over 32,000 miles. Needless to say I've worn out the cartelege in both knees to the bone.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
      I just happen to overhear the Jenny McCarthy commerical about free registration. I visited the Web site and it said it's only at certain locations, so I looked up my zipcode and it said that the local ones around me (Ewa Beach) are doing the free registration thang as well as most of the HI locations I clicked. So, if you decide to attend the meetings, they're waiving the $26 fee (til 2/24) so it's just $14 a meeting.
      aww thats crappy I wont be home till march 5th. So the meetings you pay a registration fee and then a monthly fee?

As for exercising, I was thinking about a personal trainer are those expensive? Ive heard they can be, how much did you pay for yours for those who have gotten and used one? Better not be handsome that wouldnt do good for me. LOL. My husband does sit ups with me and holds my feet and dosent yell at me but says 'keep going babe you get em, go go go and our kid is on his lap and my son goes go mommy go!!' i wish i could bring em to the gym together. That got me to do about 60 situps in one night.

I would want a gym close to my house. I dont know where theres one in ewa beach but I know mililani got a pool and I want to swim laps there. I know someone said well what about doing it at the beach but Id rather be in a lap type focus, I dont know just me. Want to look into getting a personal trainer though..

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
        It can, as can cycling in general:

http://www.bikepptc.org/saddlesore.html

Ouch.
        This is one very big reason to look into recumbents in general (you can still get "rubbing" problems but it solves many others). A friend of mine has a Bike-E he's been waffling about selling to me. They're neat because they're easy to balance on, very mechanically simple, and they have regular steering instead of that awkward "tiller" action some 'bents have. Plus they were designed and built in the Portland area

Comment

Working...
        X