Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Nohona > Route 808
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 16th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: Carry on luggage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuatree View Post
For those that neither like go! or Hawaiian, what's wrong with Island Air? An aversion to turbo-prop planes?
Big kanaka (okay, so I'm filipino, but big) have to ask for seat belt extender everytime we board their planes.

I'd rather go onboard tiny Mokulele planes (sorry, their jets won't fly to Molokai) with their seat belt that can wrap around my girth.

That and that funky smell of an old plane in Island Air's fleet. Nasty.

And then there's the price. Because Island Air have no competition from Hawaiian when it comes to Molokai flight services. Not even from Pacific Wings (who recently charge $400 per passengers for flights to and from Kalaupapa, the second home of Saint Damien).

Sighs. I miss Mahalo Air.

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
Big kanaka (okay, so I'm filipino, but big) have to ask for seat belt extender everytime we board their planes.

I'd rather go onboard tiny Mokulele planes (sorry, their jets won't fly to Molokai) with their seat belt that can wrap around my girth.

That and that funky smell of an old plane in Island Air's fleet. Nasty.

And then there's the price. Because Island Air have no competition from Hawaiian when it comes to Molokai flight services. Not even from Pacific Wings (who recently charge $400 per passengers for flights to and from Kalaupapa, the second home of Saint Damien).

Sighs. I miss Mahalo Air.
Thanks for the explanation. Perhaps the consolidation will permit Island Air to attempt to upgrade the size of its fleet again. It did bring in a Q400 before the whole inter-island air wars started.
Old October 16th, 2009, 07:04 PM
sansei

Red face Re: Carry on luggage

hi my mom and i dont travel to the outer island's only if we did,my cousin work's for island air as a stewardess and she's making good pay and she's helping out her kid's and her mom,my mom's second sis and that if my mom and i happen to travel to the outer island's,we'd probably catch island air or maybe even hawaiian.

i wouldnt wish to travel with go-mokulele is i feel with mokulele that happened to aloha airline's so island air would be my only pick.

im not being unkind,only sharing my true thought's with everyone.

Well thank's for your time
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Ali`i

That's okay. I'm the most unkind. Even if I have relatives working on Island Air, I wouldn't pay them. I'll still go with Mokulele.

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89