Aloha Air files bankruptcy, again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aloha Air files bankruptcy, again

Look`s as if Aloha Airlines will cease passenger operations eff, 3/31/08. Aloha web currently down, e-mails being sent to employees from D. Banmiller. What a said outcome for all the workers and families of ALOHA....
    bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

It`s official, Aloha has will suspend passenger operations. Aloha has stopped selling tickets on inter-island and transpacific travel. Only contract and cargo to stay on. Already on Khnl news....
      bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Aloha's web site is now up with the announcement, as well as the Star Bulletin and the Advertiser web sites having the latest annoucement.

Honestly I didn't think they would shut down this soon.

Comment

Go! raised their fares 10.00..........
          all the conjecture that has taken place here is now on its way to happening....we will see over the next few days just how far this will go.
          the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by escondido100 View Post
            Go! raised their fares 10.00..........
            all the conjecture that has taken place here is now on its way to happening....we will see over the next few days just how far this will go.
            I thought go! raised their fares $10 a while back because of fuel? Either way, things will be even more interesting now because the Superferry is due to be back in service.

Comment

I checked Go's website. The fare there was still $49 which was raised from the $39 about a month or so ago.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Too late.

http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=6889
                You can take the boy out of Hilo but you can't take the Hilo out of the boy!

Comment

as per the FAQ section in HSB you need to book your air miles by 3/31 or you will lose them forever.

ps i stand corrected about go fare increase... it was not today but earlier...
                  the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

It seems so sudden and harsh, but I guess that's how shutdowns go. I very rarely flew Aloha, but this will obviously have repercussions throughout the state. Note that Hawaiian Airlines is boosting capacity and opening up standby to Aloha ticketholders for a few days and holding $49 fares for a little while.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i have my cousin and her husband who worked for aloha and since they have two kid's,i feel for them now that they wont be working and i wondered how they'll support both of their kid's? I hope they'll bounce back which mean's aloha and that my cousin and her husband will get to keep their job's so I Thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                        hi this is sansei and i have my cousin and her husband who worked for aloha and since they have two kid's,i feel for them now e
                        Wow, I was upset that my quick trip to see the lava flowing was inconvenienced by the shutdown of Aloha airlines and over the fact that I spent at least an hour trying to rebook it at a discounted $49 on Hawaiian but kept coming up with a rate of $109 online and couldn't get a live person on the phone so I decided to just book a new flight with Go! and deal with it all later. But when you put it this way, my little inconvenience was nothing! My best to your relatives and all who are unemployed due to the shutdown.
                        NO RAIN NO RAINBOWS

Comment

"Go" doesn't deserve to be in business here. They're the reason why Aloha is shutting down its passenger service and why some of my friends could be unemployed.

I'd rather not go than go with Go.

Comment

Well the latent issue here is the Merrie Monarch festival coming up and all the Aloha Airlines ticket holders that will have to rebook.

As of 11pm tonight 3/30 my wife was able to rebook my boy's flight from Honolulu to Hilo and back on Hawaiian. He is flying in from San Diego to Honolulu for his pre-deployment leave in mid April. We had him booked on Aloha Airlines a week ago because we had a crapload of frequent flyer miles that are now pretty much worthless. The round trip airfare for the mid April flight was $129.

Can you imagine if Aloha had ceased operations on this past Friday? It would have stranded a lot of students on spring break.

The really important issue now is if there is pending litigation that can cause Go to cease operations because of their tactics when entering the local market here, will there only be Hawaiian?

With Aloha's fragile finances (having been bancrupt before) it could have been anything that could have brought them down. If it wasn't go! it could have been something equally devastating. Imagine if it were something else such as a Pan Am Lockerbie disaster/lawsuits and no third airline to respond. It would have been all Hawaiian with no competition.

Suddenly once again HSF is looking pretty nice around now as an alternative.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                              Well the latent issue here is the Merrie Monarch festival coming up and all the Aloha Airlines ticket holders that will have to rebook.

As of 11pm tonight 3/30 my wife was able to rebook my boy's flight from Honolulu to Hilo and back on Hawaiian. He is flying in from San Diego to Honolulu for his pre-deployment leave in mid April. We had him booked on Aloha Airlines a week ago because we had a crapload of frequent flyer miles that are now pretty much worthless. The round trip airfare for the mid April flight was $129.

Can you imagine if Aloha had ceased operations on this past Friday? It would have stranded a lot of students on spring break.

The really important issue now is if there is pending litigation that can cause Go to cease operations because of their tactics when entering the local market here, will there only be Hawaiian?

With Aloha's fragile finances (having been bancrupt before) it could have been anything that could have brought them down. If it wasn't go! it could have been something equally devastating. Imagine if it were something else such as a Pan Am Lockerbie disaster/lawsuits and no third airline to respond. It would have been all Hawaiian with no competition.

Suddenly once again HSF is looking pretty nice around now as an alternative.
                              Don't forget Island Air. I think this is actually a huge opportunity for this airline to gain market share locally and grow.

Comment

Some of Island Air's planes are still flying Aloha's old colors. And yes, this is a good opportunity for Island Air to gradually expand.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X