This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 5

Poki, sushi, cole slaw, White Castle burgers and a Diet Coke.

Comment

hi,last night we had rotissarie chicken with rice and a lettuce and grape tomato salad and i had my diet soda and my mom had her wine and it was good.

not sure what's for tonight's dinner?

Well thank's for your time=O)

Comment

Vienna sausage, White Castle burgers, small turkey dinner and Mountain Dew.

Comment

friday's dinner was had at kochi: popcorn tako, agedashi tofu, negitoro, and soba/hijiki salad. we enjoyed a beautiful each then shared a cocktail of japansch zaky and oolong tea.

we were in hauula at eric's mom's for dinner. grandma made her own recipe of maki sushi. eric and i brought some aku that we bought from tamashiro and cooked some of it for grandma (she doesn't eat raw fish) and sashimi-ed the rest. we cooked up shrimp scampi and there was steamed fresh corn from kahuku. eric's mom picked up some kalbi from the korean snack bar. dessert was chocolate haupia pie from ted's bakery. everything was yum!
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

hi,tonight,my mom's having my second sis's homemade soup and im having steak fried on our frying pan and i'll have rice as my mom will have rice with her soup and my mom may have her wine and i'll have my diet soda and it'll all be good.

tomorrow,i'll be having my sunnyside up egg's on rice with the yolk on the rice and not sure what my mom may have?

Comment

White Castle burgers and a bottle of Diet Coke.

Comment

Had grilled cheese with pickles. Mmm.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

hi this is sansei and tonight,im having my sunnyside up egg's on rice with the yolk's on the rice and i'll have my diet soda and my mom may have her wine or water?

not sure what's for tuesday's dinner?

Comment

Cold cut sandwiches and a bottle of water.

Comment

Tonight I'm making dry noodles (ala Sam Sato style) with char siu, shrimp, gyoza, misc veggies. Sam Sato's serves a side soup with their noodles. I don't get the point of it, but my husband likes it, so I make one for him.

Comment

Chicken in a pot.

One slow cooker, one old boiling hen, one chicken stock cube, 2 bayleaves, thyme, peppercorns, salt, 3 cloves, one thumb of ginger, parsley, celery stalks, carrots, leeks, onions, garlic cloves, water to cover, eight hours or so.

Lift out the meat and vegetables and eat them with boiled buttered parslyed potatoes, coarse salt, and Dijon mustard. The broth can be eaten at the start of the meal or used for another meal with the leftover vegetables and chicken thrown in along with some vermicelli pasta.
                        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

hi,tonight we're having storebought fried chicken with rice and maybe a lettuce and grape tomato salad and it'll be good. maybe my mom will have with her dinner,wine or water and i'll have my diet coke with splenda only that one doesnt make me feel to good only i dont mind the taste.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                            Chicken in a pot.

One slow cooker, one old boiling hen, one chicken stock cube, 2 bayleaves, thyme, peppercorns, salt, 3 cloves, one thumb of ginger, parsley, celery stalks, carrots, leeks, onions, garlic cloves, water to cover, eight hours or so.

Lift out the meat and vegetables and eat them with boiled buttered parslyed potatoes, coarse salt, and Dijon mustard. The broth can be eaten at the start of the meal or used for another meal with the leftover vegetables and chicken thrown in along with some vermicelli pasta.
                            ummm...............that sounds really good! you can come cook at my house anytime you want
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                              we enjoyed a beautiful each then shared a cocktail of japansch zaky and oolong tea.
                              Beautifuls used to be my favorite drink when I was young. Some places would serve it flaming.

Tonight's dinner: seafood pasta with a pesto cream sauce, green beans, chardonnay.

Comment

I went thru my freezer and cupboard, and found misc stuff to make seafood chowder. I threw in calamari, shrimp, crab, clams, can of oysters, bacon and some fish. I made some cornbread. And I'll probably make a small salad.
                                Last edited by Sharilyn; December 17, 2009, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X