Should I get a Hawaii State ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get a Hawaii State ID

Opinions? I'm thinking about getting one so I can get the local discounts for when I travel but is the savings that significant?

(I'm on Molokai)

Re: Should I get a Hawaii State ID

The cost of a state id is 20 dollars. So, the savings on discounts will easily cover that amount. But, you have to go to a DMV and bring documents if you can find your birth certificate.

Comment

Will you be getting a Hawaii drivers license in the near future?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        He probably has a drivers' license as a photo id to get on a plane to Molokai.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          I had to renew my california license months before so I will probbaly not getting a hawaii drivers license in the next two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            The cost of a state id is 20 dollars. So, the savings on discounts will easily cover that amount. But, you have to go to a DMV and bring documents if you can find your birth certificate.
            The birth certificate is the annoying part. It will cost around 30 dollars to order from the Department of Records. So I wonder if the 50 dollar investiment is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsJoey View Post
              The birth certificate is the annoying part. It will cost around 30 dollars to order from the Department of Records. So I wonder if the 50 dollar investiment is worth it.
              I think it's worth it. You should probably have a birth certificate that's easily accessible to you. Among other uses, you'll need it if you decide, down the road, to get a Hawaii driver's license.

My daughter lives in Calif. and has a 2nd home on Oahu. She got a state ID...just in case! She's used it for outer island hotel stays.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                He probably has a drivers' license as a photo id to get on a plane to Molokai.
                That wasn't the point, WB.

Comment

Working...
                X