• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Barbara Billingsley

The Beav's mom has passed

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/cele...ngsley/?hpt=T2

"Oh Stewardess, I speak jive..."

Re: R.I.P. Barbara Billingsley

Sad to hear of this. Condolences to the family. She was everyone's ideal TV Mom back in the day. Her and June Lockhart from TV's "Lassie".
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Awww...I never thought of her aging beyond Mrs. Cleaver. She lived a very long and hopefully healthy life. RIP, Mrs. Cleaver.

Comment

Barbara Billingsley was a babe too!

One of the best segments that encapsulates the essence of Barbara, her character, and the show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w2t6...eature=related
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

too bad; thanks for the link; btw, did you notice the absence of a seat belt?
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
            btw, did you notice the absence of a seat belt?
            Uhhh yeah. Actually, it would have been most unusual to have seen the Cleavers wearing seat belts. (Lap or shoulder harness). I don't think any cars in the 1950s had safety belts. It wasn't until the 1960s that auto manufacturers were required to equip cars with seat belts.
            Last edited by Frankie's Market; October 17, 2010, 01:39 AM.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Lets not forget her brief moment in 1980's AIRPLANE..........

Yes Stewardess..... I Speak Jive

Barbara ranked as one of my top 10 Tv Moms growing up, R.I.P.

Comment

You got to give credit to Beav's mom for doing housework in office dresses with pearl necklaces and not yelling at the Beav's antics.

Comment

Mrs. Cleaver's best line ever was, "Ward, don't you think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night?" I love an actress with a sense of humor!

Blessed Be, Barbara.
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

AUWE! Now Wally and the BEAV are orphans!

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                      Mrs. Cleaver's best line ever was, "Ward, don't you think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night?" I love an actress with a sense of humor!

Blessed Be, Barbara.

I am suprised that line was not closely analyzed then...

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                        Mrs. Cleaver's best line ever was, "Ward, don't you think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night?"
                        Was that line ever stated on the show or was it a line from a stand-up comedian?

Comment

"Barbara Billingsley was asked about June Cleaver's remark,

"Ward, don't you think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night?"

The TV mom replied, "I don't remember saying it, but I must have, I''ve seen it on t-shirts.""
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

When was the word "beaver" used for a women's part anyway? Was it after the tv series?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                              When was the word "beaver" used for a women's part anyway? Was it after the tv series?
                              Way before TV. From the Online Etymological Dictionary:

Gynecological sense ("female genitals, especially with a display of pubic hair") is 1927 British slang, transferred from earlier meaning "a bearded man" (1910), from the appearance of split beaver pelts.

Comment

Working...
                              X