X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Honolulu Mayor's Race 2004 - Chapter 2

Originally posted by kamlost
    You're on Olelo a lot. It's always nice making someone cheerful. Reading your post made me giggle.
    Mahalo from the bottom of my heart.
    Olelo has scheduled a mayoral debate on Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2004. 6:30 p.m. live, and will re-run again the next morning. I forgot the time, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by lillian l. hong
      Mahalo from the bottom of my heart.
      Olelo has scheduled a mayoral debate on Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2004. 6:30 p.m. live, and will re-run again the next morning. I forgot the time, sorry.
      That's okay. It's easy to check it on Olelo. BTW, how'd you get started posting on this site?

Comment

Originally posted by kamlost
        That's okay. It's easy to check it on Olelo. BTW, how'd you get started posting on this site?
        BTW~does it mean by the way? I learn something every day. Thanks.
        I started my midnight life learning with my daughter's computer at the end of June, 2004. I am usually at the computer around 11:30p.m. to 2a.m.
        The first time I try to search is Mufi and Bainum's www. Then I typed in "lillian Hong" Many entries showed up. One of them linked to hawaii threads.com. Here I am since. The one I went is no longer active. Almost every night I come to this. Ryan told me once to try go somewhere else~different topics~I am very interested in the Mayor's race. That's what I am. That's what I'll do for the next 23 days leads to Sept. 18, 2004~Election day!
        BTW, Haha! I got 1 real vote! Brother Mel, I think you may know hime, I think Scrivener must know him, Bother Mel is a regular on Oahu Speaks on Olelo. He told me he voted for me absenteed already on August 23, 2004. We sent in our absentee applications, we haven't received our yet. I called 523-4293, the man told me, mine, was process on August 18, 2004. Well!

Comment

BTW~does it mean by the way? I learn something every day. Thanks.
          I started my midnight life learning with my daughter's computer at the end of June, 2004. I am usually at the computer around 11:30p.m. to 2a.m.
          The first time I try to search is Mufi and Bainum's www. Then I typed in "lillian Hong" Many entries showed up. One of them linked to hawaii threads.com. Here I am since. The one I went is no longer active. Almost every night I come to this. Ryan told me once to try go somewhere else~different topics~I am very interested in the Mayor's race. That's what I am. That's what I'll do for the next 23 days leads to Sept. 18, 2004~Election day!
          BTW, Haha! I got 1 real vote! Brother Mel, I think you may know hime, I think Scrivener must know him, Bother Mel is a regular on Oahu Speaks on Olelo. He told me he voted for me absenteed already on August 23, 2004. We sent in our absentee applications, we haven't received our yet. I called 523-4293, the man told me, mine, was process on August 18, 2004. Well!
          I got my absentee ballot in the mail to-day.
          If any one has questions about absentee ballot, please call 523-4293.

Comment

Lillian...you're so honest! Do you have two daughters teaching at Punahou School? I know Christina is there but is there someone else? I will tell more people to watch Olelo.
            Retired Senior Member

Comment

Originally posted by Mocha
              Lillian...you're so honest! Do you have two daughters teaching at Punahou School? I know Christina is there but is there someone else? I will tell more people to watch Olelo.
              Hi, Mocha,
              Thank you so much.
              So nice to hear from you. Kristina left on August 25, to go see and work in San Franscisco with her older sister Pamela for 2 months--temp. job, do you know Pamela also? Pamela is a graduate of 1990.
              2nd daughter, Jennifer, is a 2nd grade teacher in Punahou. I just saw her to-night. We were having dinner with my brother Willie & family from Toronto-- are visiting us here.
              Due to 1. It is the election year,
              2. more new government issues programs on air
              3. Olelo is promoting 2004 Election with Candidates in Focus, &
              Candidates Debates, etc.
              Olelo has open other channels to air the government issues programs,
              Please surf Olelo channels 52, 53, 54, 55, 56
              We saw on TV News the opening of the Case Middle School.
              Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

I got my absentee ballot in the mail to-day.
                If any one has questions about absentee ballot, please call 523-4293.
                LOL, who are you going to vote for?

Comment

Bainum and Hanneman will go head to head this afternoon in a debate broadcast live on KIPO.

Meanwhile, KGMB gave both candidates' television ads to HPU's Dean of Communications to dissect and critique:
                  What we will remember from that ad, that Mufi Hannemann didn't do something wrong, that's not what you want us to remember from a television ad... In order to run a negative campaign you have to talk about your opponent. That means you are buying airtime and people see your opponents face on the screen.
                  She gives Hanneman low marks, and I agree, but she also likes Bainum's ridiculous brooms.

Comment

The question came up earlier in this conversation as to what position Bainum and Hanneman held on the issue of lease-to-fee condominium conversion. Well, tonight's debates made clear that the question is one of the dividing lines in the race. Bainum supports the current law allowing forced conversions, and Hanneman is against it.

Hanneman's position was closer to Bainum's earlier in his political career, so depending on your perspective, you could say he "saw the light" or he's doing a "flip flop."

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                      The question came up earlier in this conversation as to what position Bainum and Hanneman held on the issue of lease-to-fee condominium conversion. Well, tonight's debates made clear that the question is one of the dividing lines in the race. Bainum supports the current law allowing forced conversions, and Hanneman is against it.

Hanneman's position was closer to Bainum's earlier in his political career, so depending on your perspective, you could say he "saw the light" or he's doing a "flip flop."
                      I believe the city council was wrong to enact a chapter 38 in 1990(?).
                      They had misused the word "Public domain".
                      We had 2 leasehold condos before. We were told very clearly by our realty agent that we are owning the homes, not the land. There were a time limit to the leasehold duration. There may be an increase to the leasehold rent, there was no cap. There was an expiration date. We understood what the contract called for. We signed the contract knowing very well that we owned the homes, not the lands.
                      I will, if I am your Honolulu Mayor, repeal chapter 38. I will not agree to declare any condo conversion for public domain.
                      When one signed the contract, one signed the contract!

You quote Dr. Bainum & Mufi's thoughts on leasehold conversion. What is yours, Pzarquon?
                      Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

Originally posted by KaipuaGurl
                        LOL, who are you going to vote for?
                        By law, I can vote for myself. That's what I am going to do.
                        May I ask, who are YOU going to vote?
                        By the way=BTW, what does LOL mean?
                        Love, Lillian Hong I am one of the 10 mayoral candidates.

Comment

LOL means Laugh Out Loud

Hi Lillian! Good evening!

Comment

To: Lillian

I don't have to worry. I am not in the honolulu mayoral district.

Do you have a website? maybe I would vote for you!

Comment

Originally posted by KaipuaGurl
                              To: Lillian

I don't have to worry. I am not in the honolulu mayoral district.

Do you have a website? maybe I would vote for you!
                              When I read your 1st note, I really LOL
                              I do video production using Olelo's facilities. I am going to use this LOL in my video. It is so funny.
                              May I ask what district are you in? Are you in outer island? Are you in Hawaii?
                              I am learning computer since end of June. I do not have a website.

I do have an e-mail: AskMayorHong@aol. com
                              Do you have friends & families in City & County of Honolulu? There is a profile of the mayoral candidates in 2004 election on www.state.hi.us/elections.
                              Can you help me by letting them know that I am also running for Honolulu Mayor? There are altogether 10.
                              Thanks. Love, Lillian Hong
                              P.S. There is a poll from Hawaii Threads, usually comes out at the beginning of my opening the government hall. Try to have a look. If you can't get that page, ask Ryan of hawaii threads to help you. He helped me before.

Comment

Mayoral foes talk trash — and lease
                                Gordon Pang, Honolulu Advertiser, September 3, 2004
                                Leading mayoral contenders Duke Bainum and Mufi Hannemann traded jabs during and after a forum yesterday, with each chiding the other for making too many promises or flip-flopping on key issues. Hannemann said Bainum cannot keep his answer straight on where a new landfill should be located, while Bainum pointed out that Hannemann had voted 15 times to begin mandatory leasehold conversion proceedings against private landowners, a practice Hannemann now wants stopped.

Comment

Working...
                                X