X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Honolulu Mayor's Race 2004 - Chapter 2

Originally posted by Bobted
    Leasehold conversion is the determining factor in the election for me. I favor forced leasehold conversion. What are the positions of Hanneman, Bainum, and Fasi on forced leasehold conversions
    8-15-04 12:45 a.m.
    Hi, M/M Bolted,
    Welcome to hawaiithreads.com.
    I jointed here around June/July, 2004.
    I know you did not ask me to respond. I am one of the 10 mayoral candidates. A wise man once told me, if you really think you can stand on your two feet and head up and face forward to no matter what controversies are in front of you, then you are a real man, then you are a real woman.
    Since you stated you favored forced leasehold conversion. It is your choice. I respect that. You must have a reason of your own. Please go to
    August 13, 2004's item from lillian l. hong. I am not for forced leasehold conversion.
    I am new and learning computer. I don't know how to pull my message so I can included into this e-mail. Sorry.
    Hope you keep on corresponding here. People here are very friendly.
    I open this site almost every night.
    Have a nice day.
    Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

8-15-04 1:03 a.m.
      Hi,
      Mahalo to whoever you are for voting for me on the chart.
      Please let me know if you have anything you want to know about me as a mayoral candidate. Please surf Olelo channel 54 and read the TV log. I do almost have at least one to 4 programs on air to talk about city issues.
      Thanks again.
      Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

Went to a small dinner Saturday night and reminded people theyDO have a choice of who to vote for so I did mention your name Lillian and a couple of the women said they'd vote for you...the lady that has her own program on Olelo!
        Retired Senior Member

Comment

I'm a bit turned off how the Bainum vs. Mufi thing is going all negative...I like how Fasi is still going, and making his own signs too..

Comment

Originally posted by hanai
            I'm a bit turned off how the Bainum vs. Mufi thing is going all negative...I like how Fasi is still going, and making his own signs too..
            I'm puzzled by the Hanneman ads telling me the Campaign Finance people had found he'd done nothing wrong. It almost looks like a pre-emptive strike, since as far as I'm aware he's not been accused of doing anything wrong in the first place. Unless he expected a negative ad accusing him of such and started running these ads, only to be outsmarted by the accusation never appearing.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Well... so starts another week of scheduled debates with mayoral candidates now in mililani mauka. We are all hearing the same answers followed by who got what union endorsements and who accepted illegal campaign contributions. Same answers I guess people want to see the words come out of the candidates mouth so they can say they heard it themselves. I belong to 2 unions the HGEA and the Teamsters. I didn't ask for support because the leadership makes the choice for the members..the members have no say. I think it is important to have the support of the membership more than the leadership. It seems unions don't ask for members input on candidates, but always ask for union due increases. Don't get me wrong unions have their place...just dont expect to always have your way because you endorsed a candidate. Unions have no right to have a share in any profits unless the employer feels he can pay out if it was a good year. If unions wants a percentage of all profits...OPEN YOUR OWN BUSINESS THEN see if you can afford to pay more benefits or wages. Thats why we have collective bargaining...not pay us now bargaining.
              Mahalo Terrence K. Teruya

Comment

Wow FORCED leasehold conversion....hold on now...when you sign a document stating that your property is lease...thats exactly what it is or you would look somewhere else for fee simple. Lets say you want to rent some of your property that has been in your family for generations, you draft a leasehold contract which your lessee signed. Do you want to be forced to sell your property just because they want it and leased your land for 20 years? This land has been in your family 100 years...is this fair?? Of course not, anytime you sign.. it is stressed that you are fully aware that this land is LEASEHOLD not FEE SIMPLE. It would be nice if it were..we could pick out the most expensive land lease it for 20 years, then force the owners to sell it, then turn around and sell it for a profit... So I guess you could say I am not for forced lease hold conversion. I went to real estate school recently... lots of good stuff but cost me $500.00.

Comment

THE NEW BUSSES ARE COMMING... They are hybrid (electric and diesel) did we get them free?? NOOOOOO did we order only one???? NOOOOO did the first one work?? NOOOOOO oh I'm sorry it made it half way in the kalihi bus yard before dying. Then someone stripped it of all its parts...where did those parts go?? Did the second one work?? NOOOOOOO too much trouble road calls from dead batteries. Where did the extra money come from to pay not for only ONE BUS BUT 10 who knows I guess monkeys do come out of someones butt and pigs really do fly..I better find another job so I can pay more taxes for these projects. Lets see I have 2 jobs now if I work on my days off and don't sleep I think we could beautify....

Comment

WARRANTY.. what does this word mean? Well to me it is to turn in a broken part that broke under "warranty" to get a replacement...right?? Well "normally"... some places say if it is under $50.00 just throw it away... can you believe that..taxpayer money in the rubbish...then I have to draw a new one from storeroom which cost $50.00 more to put in a bus.... go figure..This is why I have no faith in the mayoral candidates...they don't know what the heck is going on.. a few thousand here...another thousand there... it doesn't matter if all your appointees have degrees...they end up blinded by their own paper work and not concentrating on the main paper which is the green ones comming out of taxpayers pockets...

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                      I'm puzzled by the Hanneman ads telling me the Campaign Finance people had found he'd done nothing wrong.
                      The strategies of the "big two" candidates in this year's mayoral race just leave me scratching my head. Bainum, who always struck me as an articulate and straightforward fellow, gives us those most ridiculous, insincere "a broom is whatever" ads. And Hanneman? He's gone completely off the rails.

One, Hanneman's ads mention Bainum six times more often than their supposed candidate - "Bainum said this... Bainum did that... Bainum thinks... do you think Bainum believes... Bainum is... and vote Hanneman!" Um, what?

Two, even if Hanneman's ads are responding to some kind of accusation by the Bainum campaign, as you mention, their response is way disproportionate to the trigger, making them seem defensive with a capital D. Even worse, although the point of the ad is, "Campaign finance probe looks into Hanneman campaign and finds no purposeful wrongdoing," most folks stop listening after "Campaign finance probe looks into Hanneman campaign." It calls attention to something I think he's better off leaving alone.

Finally, any ad that says, basically, "We don't believe in negative advertising, unlike our dishonorable and funny smelling opponent" is doing more damage than good. (Lots of candidates fall into this trap... and it's less funny every time.)

Can't we just vote now and get it over with? Oh yeah... absentee ballots. Too bad filling one out doesn't block their ads with some sort of "B chip" (B as in bullpucky).

Comment

Originally posted by Mocha
                        Went to a small dinner Saturday night and reminded people theyDO have a choice of who to vote for so I did mention your name Lillian and a couple of the women said they'd vote for you...the lady that has her own program on Olelo!
                        8-17-04 12:47 a.m.
                        Hi, Mocha,
                        Thank you so much. I read the first time I got on this site. Then I lost it for about 45 minutes before it showed up again. I really envy people like you know the computer well. If you ever have another gathering and see your friends again, please send my big mahalos to them.
                        Thank you to them for watching Olelo's channel 54. It always encourages me to do better, and tell it like it is.
                        Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

Are you really THE Lillian Hong?

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                            I'm puzzled by the Hanneman ads telling me the Campaign Finance people had found he'd done nothing wrong. It almost looks like a pre-emptive strike, since as far as I'm aware he's not been accused of doing anything wrong in the first place. Unless he expected a negative ad accusing him of such and started running these ads, only to be outsmarted by the accusation never appearing.
                            Funny, trying to be TOO smart...meanwhile hes running negative ads against Bainum...
                            On the other hand ,at least they aren't sending dirty mass mailouts with accusatory questions like Case's threatened congressional bid...

Comment

Originally posted by kamlost
                              Are you really THE Lillian Hong?
                              8-17-04 11:39 p.m.
                              My dearest kamlost,
                              I laughed and laughed and laughed.
                              My name is Lillian Hong. Hong is my last name, Lillian, my first name, Lai-Lam, my middle name, and Wang, W A N G is my maiden name. I am running for Honolulu Mayor. Is that good enough to prove that I am THE Lillian Hong?
                              Your note really cheered me up at the middle of the night. I was very happy and honored that YOU know me. You must be watching Olelo channel 54. That's the only outlet exposure that is available to me free of charge. I appreciate very much that there are many residents are watching Olelo channel 54!
                              I am learning computer since June, 2004. If you try, as I did, type in "lillian hong" and when it shows up all other items, if you go to 2004 election, then it shows up again with other items, go to City & County of Honolulu's Mayor,
                              click on Lillian Hong, you will find me smiling at you. Try it, and I hope you'll like it!
                              Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

You're on Olelo a lot. It's always nice making someone cheerful. Reading your post made me giggle.

Comment

Working...
                                X