X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obama Watch

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
    Here's an interesting take on the woman and circumstances that may have made it all possible for Obama to be where he is today. Bonus hot photo of Jeri Ryan for those who care.
    Sigh. Why couldn't I have been at that club in Paris.
    "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
    Socrates.

Comment

Barack Obama picked up a surprise endorsement ... from John Edward's former running mate John Kerry.

At least today ... tomorrow he'll flip-flop and support John Edward.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

video that really moved me

http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/yeswecanvideo

see for yourself.

pax

Comment

Re: video that really moved me

Wow! Whether one supports Obama or not, this is a great video...so well done. It states that it's a "supporter created video" but, to me, this supporter is very accomplished and well connected in the entertainment industry...or, has a ton of bucks and knows someone who is! I'd love to know who's responsible for it's concept and production.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            I'd love to know who's responsible for it's concept and production.
            Songwriter/Producer will.i.am (from Black Eyed Peas) & Director Jesse Dylan (Bob's son).

Comment

Now as a Republican that was a good video, what caught my attention was the age for which this video seems to target, our younger voters. Which brings me to another observation that although Obama is only 46-years old and will be 47 by the primary, Martin Luther King made a difference at age 39 when he was gunned down.

If there's one group of voters out there that can make a tremendous difference in our politcal climate, it's our younger voters who traditionally have not taken their time to exercise their greatest freedom, the right to vote.

As a Republican I feel swayed to vote for Obama only because he represents a change in government attitude over the ways of old.

We need change, we need a fresh voice in Washington, we need a younger president who is in touch with our younger generation...you know, our future leaders.

We don't need same old same old and with Hillary riding on his husband's presidential past, she's just more of that.

I like Obama. That should be on every bumper sticker simple and says it all.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                Songwriter/Producer will.i.am (from Black Eyed Peas) & Director Jesse Dylan (Bob's son).
                Thanx for the info!
                Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                [...]I like Obama. That should be on every bumper sticker simple and says it all.
                That worked for Ike.

Comment

it sure did.

Comment

Great video, get two Hawaiians on there.
                    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

• Re: Obama Watch

I got a phone call from the Hawaii Obama campaign over the weekend. They are having a party tonight from 4-7 p.m. @ Ryans Grill Ward Center to watch the Super Tuesday returns if you guys are interested. His sister, whose still a local resident will be there.

The Hawaii Caucus is coming up you guys, and if you want to vote for delegates make sure you register as a democrat.

Comment

Obama's superb organization gained many victories on Super Tuesday. But, as pointed out by many pundits, these were in small states likely to be in the GOP column in November.

Clinton's winning in the big states, rich in the electoral vote count: California, New York, Michigan ...........

Comment

We'll wake up tomorrow and see how California's delegates performed. Man this is gonna be one good Primary.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                            Clinton's winning in the big states, rich in the electoral vote count: California, New York, Michigan ...........
                            Is that the same thing as rich in delegate count? Because that's what it's going to take to be on the ticket in Nov.

(You can tell how much attention I pay to these things.)

Comment

Huge controversy coming down the pike at the Democratic convention, as the Democratic National Party is going to try to bar Michigan and Florida from the delegate count as a penalty for moving up their primaries. That's why no democrat campaigned in either state, except hillary in florida, which is a serious mistake as they both yield so many electors in the general.

Technically, based on the plans of the DNP, Hillary didn't win any delegates in Florida or Michigan. Don't believe me? Go to your favourite search engine and type "florida no delegates" or "michigan no delegates"
                              Last edited by Kittrick; February 6, 2008, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Talk like this often springs up before a general convention of just about any type. I've heard similar from the Southern Baptists and their convention, and even the Hawaii Baptists and theirs. My feeling is that this kind of discussion--sometimes even a motion from the floor not to seat the delegates--is mostly a statement of disapproval from the party, but unless the behavior is contrary to the philosophy and values of the convention, the delegates will be allowed to sit. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there's some heated testimony from the floor, but when it comes to a vote, you can bet both states' delegates will be allowed to sit.
                                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X