Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tsunami Warning Saturday Oct. 27, 2012

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    There are bouys off of Canada and bouys off of Hawaii but none in between, as I understand it. The delay had to do with the in between!
    From what I am told it is difficult to position bouys (or grills) in deep water; offsahore areas work best.

Better safer than sorrier, nes ce pas?
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

My son and I were just watching an episode of "It could happen tomorrow" which was giving the what ifs of a Tsunami happening in Hawaii. They spoke of the sirens they give off and how at most, they have as much as 3 hours to get higher ground and then they mentioned the hows and whys that a Tsunami can happen right then and there because of the underground slides, earthquakes, etc. and that when they sound the sirens in the event of that, people won't pay attention because they will assume they have hours.
      Feel free to give my smart kid kudo's for stating "So make a different sounding siren for when it is RIGHT now."
      If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Wow... you know he is completely right.
        We are supposed to immediately tune in to the radio or tv to find out what's going on, but with complacency many don't.
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

That makes a lot of sense. A major earthquake on the Big Island could generate a large tsunami that would reach Maui and Oahu in a matter of minutes, not hours.

Smart kid!

Comment

Yes, he is and 21 days shy of turning 12. He would give his eye teeth if we could move there (or to be able to skip the rest of "boring" school and get straight into IT or some other smart career).
            If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Working...
            X