X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wal-Mart: Chapter 2

http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacif...4/daily36.html

Wal-Mart firm on Oct. 13 grand opening

Despite the requests for a delay by a Native Hawaiian group, Wal-Mart said it plans to go ahead with its scheduled Wednesday, Oct. 13 grand opening on Keeaumoku Street.

Wal-Mart Inc. also has scheduled the grand opening for its new Keeaumoku Sam's Club on Thursday, Oct. 21.

Altogether, the project measures about 300,000 square feet, with four levels of parking, and is close to completion.

"We are, quite frankly, surprised by the Native Hawaiian Legal Corp.'s sudden demand that we delay the opening of the Wal-Mart project," said Wal-Mart spokeswoman Cynthia Lin. "The October grand opening was announced months ago. To wait until just before the opening to suddenly make this demand is simply unreasonable."
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

Got a flyer in the mail today from Sams Club annoucing the grand openning on Oct 21.

Comment

Walked by the area on Saturday evening. The new traffic lights are flashing.

Comment

Passer bys at the new WalMart shopping complex got a treat this afternoon as Cold Stone Creamery celebrated their pre-grand opening by giving away free ice cream this evening between 5 and 8 p.m. I went on a walk just to take some photos of the area before the store opens tomorrow and was suprised by the commotion and the short line fronting the ice cream place with workers outside asking if we want free ice cream. How can anyone refuse a free ice cream.

Picture of my free ice cream
          NOTE: The URL will expire after I upload new photos later in the week of other things

Besides the ice cream place, Starbucks was also open as well as the Super Cuts place. I have some photos posted at this link.

Naysayers and WalMart bashers can stay home, post your endless rants on this board. The majority of the shoppers will care less (most do not even visit this site anyway so why bother).
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I was walking by Wal-Mart today. Didn't go all the way so I missed the free ice cream. At least the traffic lights are working now.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
              I was walking by Wal-Mart today. Didn't go all the way so I missed the free ice cream. At least the traffic lights are working now.
              ya know,
              working traffic lights...
              free ice cream...
              sound like a toss up to me.
              yer day was not wasted!

Originally posted by mel
              Naysayers and WalMart bashers can stay home, post your endless rants on this board. The majority of the shoppers will care less (most do not even visit this site anyway so why bother).
              uh, as the moderator, shouldn't
              "endless rants"
              be something like
              "occasional discussions" ?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                uh, as the moderator, shouldn't
                endless rants" be something like "occasional discussions" ?

Chaos reigns within.
                Reflect, repent, and reboot.
                Order shall return.
                Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                The Kona Blog

Comment

With the store's long anticipated/dreaded opening on Oct. 13, let's roll this thread. Talk about the Keeaumoku Wal-Mart there; talk about Wal-Mart in general here.

Comment

Working...
                  X