Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who'd win in a fight: Hanneman, or Banium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who'd win in a fight: Hanneman, or Banium?

What I like know is how Frank Fasi, da perpetual candidate for Honolulu mayor, still get enough support dat he can make one more run foa office at his advanced age (he someting like 80 years old, yeah?)

Miulang

P.S. If was one boxing match, I tink Mufi would wipe Bainum's okole all ova da canvas. But I tink both dem buggahs get big kine egos and pilau kine mouths so maybe neither going do much for Honolulu if either one gets elected. Maybe would be one other "Dobelle" kine administration.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

For better or worse, it doesn't take much support to officially run for mayor. Wasn't Fasi's latest report to the campaign spending commission something like $50 collected, $50 spent?

The man's running for the hell of it... yet it's notable that he still gets enough votes to be "viable" enough to include in a televised debate (whereas the handful of others, including Lillian Hong and Terrence Teruya, who we have on this site) are shut out.

I watched the debate, and even as a former Bainum supporter can see that Hanneman came out on top. But like you, I have little hope for any real progress under either of those guys. Fasi, such as he is, would at least keep things interesting... what you see is what you get!

Comment

On the Big Island, the mayoral race is far more low-key, with Dominic Yagong the only major challenger to Harry Kim.

Comment

Originally posted by BKHale2007
          On the Big Island, the mayoral race is far more low-key, with Dominic Yagong the only major challenger to Harry Kim.
          Harry Kim is still around? Jeez...I saw him interviewed for one of those true crime episodes on TV awhile back. Wasn't he the one who was elected with no prior experience because of the corruption in government that blew up when one of the Hilo police officers was indicted for murdering his wife?

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            What I like know is how Frank Fasi, da perpetual candidate for Honolulu mayor, still get enough support dat he can make one more run foa office at his advanced age (he someting like 80 years old, yeah?)
            Even though he hasn't held office in years, Fasi's supporters are extremely loyal. I mean, extremely loyal. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled 25% of the vote.

Comment

Fasi would kick their butts.

(And I won't complain if he does it in the election, too.)

Comment

The problem with Fasi is that most of us who remember him as a "doer" either are in that "25%" or have left the state or county because the current administration left us no choice.

Fasi was such a strong political figure and well-respected and got a lot done for Honolulu. He was also a crook. Eileen Anderson however was honest and fair but never got much accomplished.

Okay so if it takes a crook to run a crooked government, then put the best man or woman in there to do the job.

I honestly believe Mayor Harris' desire to narrow Kuhio Avenue is his legacy to undermine Mayor Fasi's attempt to successfully widen Kuhio Avenue when Mayor Eileen Anderson tried to make it happen and failed miserably.

Fasi got it done for those who were too young to remember when he was our beloved mayor of Honolulu.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                X