Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Remember The Movie Theater In Waialua ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Remember The Movie Theater In Waialua ?

When I lived on Oahu as a child '63 - ' 67 there was a movie theater in Waialua where I sometimes went on Saturdays. Across the street was a park with an old steam locomotive sitting on it. People said that it was once used to haul sugar cane from the fields. I remember playing on it with my siblings. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?

Re: Does Anyone Remember The Movie Theater In Waialua ?

I can tell you that the locomotive was restored to operation in the 70s but is now a static display at the Hawaiian Railway in Ewa. I know nothing about Waialua back then.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
    Ayn Rand

Comment

Re: Does Anyone Remember The Movie Theater In Waialua ?

Many thanks for your reply. I am glad to know that the old locomotive was saved, and not scrapped out.

I have happy memories of the old movie theater. Spent some good times there. Seems like admission was 35 cents, or 50 cents if it was a double feature.

Previews of coming attractions always included Filipino movies. Filipino cast speaking in Filipino. Thursday night was Filipino movie night, when these movies were shown. Some of the previews looked interesting, although I could not understand the language

Comment

Working...
      X