Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sandra Maloney v. The Peacock

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    Has no one ever considered sterilizing the peacocks so that they can't continue to procreate? that would eventually solve the problem, without any harm to the peacocks.
    Sterilizing peacocks would appear to be a humane way of controlling the peacock population. But it's gonna cost $$$$. At a time when state govt. employees are being furloughed and school budgets are getting cut, NO WAY should this be paid for with taxpayer money.

Perhaps interested Makaha Valley residents and any other concerned person could contribute to a private fundraising effort to build the Sandra Maloney Spay & Neutering Clinic.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
      I won't even ask what a sterilized peacock would be called.

Uhhhhh....a peanut?

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
        Has no one ever considered sterilizing the peacocks so that they can't continue to procreate? that would eventually solve the problem, without any harm to the peacocks.
        I dunno --- if someone did that to me, I'd consider it "harm"! (Chrai wait - awreddy did - nebba mind. )

You know some would consider this just another type of "animal cruelty."

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          You know some would consider this just another type of "animal cruelty."
          Animal sterilization = animal cruelty?

To some folks, maybe. But it's not a view shared by the Humane Society. They view spaying/neutering to be highly preferable to euthanizing or indefinitely caging unwanted animals who cannot find a suitable home.

Forced sterilization on a human could be considered cruel, since there are other options that can achieve birth control. Animals are different.... unless Dr. Doolittle can find a way to teach them how to practice "safe sex."
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Who knows, but I'll bet it would have taken the bat from Sandra and sent her flying back into her apt.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Does peacock taste like chickun? Chickun is what the two Japanese guys in the KFC commercial call it with an Asian accent. Did they also have a big macu attacku?

Comment

Okay, I'll say it: "pea-cockless?"
                To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Pea-oh'ed?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Pea-oh'ed?
                    I'm sure!
                    And probably "pea-ved" at all the comments from the "pea-neuter gallery!"
                    To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                      To some folks, maybe. But it's not a view shared by the Humane Society. They view spaying/neutering to be highly preferable to euthanizing or indefinitely caging unwanted animals who cannot find a suitable home.
                      I agree with them, F.M. I just meant that you know there are elements of society who consider almost anything humans do to "control" animals as "cruelty." I'm not amongst them, and my diet reflects that.

Comment

I spot checked a few real estate listings in the complex, and they all mention the peacocks. They mention them as a plus, rather than a liability, but in any case, I sincerely doubt this woman was surprised to find these birds roaming the property.

Comment

That she didn't have the post decency to kill the mortally wounded bird, just leaving it with a bashed in head/eye, broken neck and leg, to struggle for life only to die in misery after she tossed it off the stairs is enuf to condem this woman to the severest penalties allowed. How her friends can rationalize these actions and support her is bizzare. Maybe they should be investigated for the previous deaths of at least 10 other birds.
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                            I spot checked a few real estate listings in the complex, and they all mention the peacocks. They mention them as a plus, rather than a liability, but in any case, I sincerely doubt this woman was surprised to find these birds roaming the property.
                            Her previous residence, I'm told, was also in Makaha, altho' not in the valley. The peacocks' presence is well known thruout the area and it appears there's disclosure to valley condo buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              Her previous residence, I'm told, was also in Makaha, altho' not in the valley. The peacocks' presence is well known thruout the area and it appears there's disclosure to valley condo buyers.
                              I don't buy the "ignorance" excuse for Mrs. Maloney, either.

Interestingly enough, she's a self-described bird lover, indicated by her many bird dolls and pictures. But what she (and many other bird lovers) probably have learned when co-existing with real live, "actual" wild birds for the first time: They can be noisy. They can be messy. But that is how they are. Absolutely no fault of their own.

Being that Maloney has no prior criminal record, she won't likely be sent to prison. But whatever punishment she receives (fine, probation, community service), the judge also needs to give her a stern warning about her uncivilized and unacceptable her behavior was.

If the peacock squawks, indeed, were responsible for driving her over the edge, then Mrs. Maloney (rather than the peacocks) should move out of Makaha Valley. IMNSHO!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                                Perhaps interested Makaha Valley residents and any other concerned person could contribute to a private fundraising effort to build the Sandra Maloney Spay & Neutering Clinic.
                                If she just gets community service, maybe she should be in charge (carefully supervised, of course) of putting this all together, rounding up the peacocks, and bringing them in for their...um....fixing. Seriously- who does this? Earplugs. Earplugs, Sandra. And a bedside fan.

I saw a peacock once at the Dole Plantation. I was eating pineapple ice-cream, turned around, and there was a peacock, looking like she was about to take a nibble off my cone.
                                Attached Files

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
                                X