Recipe Call- fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipe Call- fish

How do you cook your- the kind you like- and please share the recipe. My cousin gave me some fish and I am grilling it serving over steamed rice with pineapple teriyaki sauce.

Re: Recipe Call- fish

Steamed Monchong (or Ono) topped with sliced Lup Cheong and Cilantro-Ginger Pesto (the same stuff used on Chinese cold ginger chicken).

No need recipe. Everything is in the description. Really ono! (even if it's Monchong lol)

Got the idea from a recipe Melveen Leed gave long time ago when she was living in Tahiti and made an appearance Harry's Kitchen (remember that TV show?).
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Mine is quite simple and ono.

Boil water. Put in sliced (1) tomato, onion and ginger (crushed)

Put clean/cut fish

Put in four tied in knot lemon grass in pot.

Put in Mustard cabbage.

Turn off fire.

Eat while hot.

Onolicious with Hot Steam Rice and Kim Chee!

You can use this recipe with Clams and Shrimps too.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

remove fish sticks from box. fry in pan until golden brown. serve with lemon wedge and tartar sauce =)
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

For a handful of fishy ideas, try here.
          Many of the blog posts are from my friend, Pam, an `ukulele player here in Seattle.
          She's a fine writer, a good photographer, and a cool, well-travelled individual. Her own blog is here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
            remove fish sticks from box. fry in pan until golden brown. serve with lemon wedge and tartar sauce =)
            neba mine....not funny.

only to me.

Comment

<teehee> Mine is almost as easy albeit a bit more pricey...

Buy frozen salmon fillets at Costco.
              Buy one George Forman grill at K-Mart.
              Thaw whatever fillets you need.
              Preheat GF grill.
              Pour vinaigrette salad dressing (or other oil based dressing of your choice) over salmon.
              Grill 5 min. (it grills both sides at the same time!)
              Top with capers.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Comment

Ooooops. Double tap.
                Last edited by Da Rolling Eye; March 23, 2007, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Anykine, but mostly salmon grilled with a lemon, butter and caper sauce.
                  The sauce is just butter, fresh squeezed lemon, a touch of white wine and capers. Start with a couple T of butter and wine and lemon juice to taste.

Misoyaki butterfish:
                  2/3 C white miso
                  3 to 4 T sugar or Splenda, depending on how sweet you want it
                  2 T shoyu
                  1 T rice vinegar
                  2 T sake
                  1 clove garlic, grated
                  1 piece ginger, minced

Marinate the butterfish overnight then bake in 350 for 25 minutes or scrape off excess marinade and charbroil.

Ono or Tai snapper in miso soup.
                  If Tai snapper, I fillet it and use the bones and head for the soup stock. Remove the bones and make miso soup to taste. Cut the fillets to bite size and add to soup. You can also add any or all:
                  thinly sliced daikon
                  green onion
                  wakame (small pieces of kelp for soups)
                  shiitake mushroom pieces
                  mung or soybean sprouts
                  won bok

For store bought Ono, which is usually already filleted, just use dashi for the soup stock and make miso as above.

Mahi mahi sticks.
                  Mahi cut into....sticks
                  flour
                  egg wash
                  panko

Salt and pepper fish and dredge in flour. Dip in egg wash and dredge in panko. Fry in your choice of frying oil till golden brown. Eat with homemade or store bought tartar sauce. We make our own with just mayo, sweet relish and finely diced onion. At least you know there's real fish in this. Lots of the frozen kind is half batter and has no taste. Maybe we bought the wrong kind?

Comment

Ive actually got a great recipe for steamed fish I got from my mom, but I dont know the name of the fish! Its red.
                    Basically, you clean and gut the fish, if it isnt already.
                    Start a steamer
                    Put fish in a shallow bowl and stuff into stomach cavity a few slices of ginger.
                    Layer on the fish a few slices of ginger.
                    Throw on fish some oyster sauce, shoyu, chopped green onions, some rock salt.
                    Steam until fish flakes with a fork.
                    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
                      Mahi mahi sticks.
                      Mahi cut into....sticks
                      flour
                      egg wash
                      panko

Salt and pepper fish and dredge in flour. Dip in egg wash and dredge in panko. Fry in your choice of frying oil till golden brown. Eat with homemade or store bought tartar sauce. We make our own with just mayo, sweet relish and finely diced onion. At least you know there's real fish in this. Lots of the frozen kind is half batter and has no taste. Maybe we bought the wrong kind?
                      One night I decided to cook the frozen mahi I had bought at costco. I dredged in flour, and pan fried. I was going to make a tartar sauce, but was out of sweet relish, so I used some capers that I had around for bagels and lox. I mixed mayo, capers, honey, paprika, salt, and pepper. My wife loved it! I think next time I'll use the egg wash and panko also.
                      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

In a food processor (if you've got one -- otherwise, do it in a bowl with a wooden spoon), combine feta cheese and pesto (home-made, if can!).

Rub both sides of a salmon filet with some olive oil. Place skin-side down in a baking dish. Rub feta-pesto mixture over top of fish. Don't be stingy.

375 degrees. Twenty to twenty-five minutes.

If you don't like the skin (I don't!), use a spatula to remove the fish from the skin. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yum!
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Ive actually got a great recipe for steamed fish I got from my mom, but I dont know the name of the fish! Its red.
                          It's probably a KUMU! Da Bess foe Steamed Fish.

For another way:

Put chinese pasley, ginger, garlic, green onions and sesame oil in cavity and out side and steam for 45 minutes.

Black Pepper, msg (optional) to taste.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                            [...]combine feta cheese and pesto (home-made, if can!).

Rub both sides of a salmon filet with some olive oil. Place skin-side down in a baking dish. Rub feta-pesto mixture over top of fish. Don't be stingy.[...]
                            OMG, Scriv...this sounds outrageous! I just may have to replace my George Forman salmon with yours!

Comment

Oh, that reminds me of how I make salmon... in a covered microwave safe dish, put in salmon, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and dill. microwave covered for about 8 minutes or unitl fish flakes with a fork. makes a really moist salmon quickly.
                              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
                              X