Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pots and pans

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
    Where did you get the Mepra cookware, Craig? Sounds like great stuff.

I have All-Clad cookware that I really love, the ones with the shiny stainless exterior. It really does make a difference when you cook with good heavy cookware---even heating, no hot spots.

Like Mepra, the All-Clad is a bit pricey but I think it will last forever. All-Clad cookware also has a lifetime replacement guarantee---just return it and it will be replaced. I can't really see this stuff falling apart, though.

If anyone is interested, wait for sales and get one of their boxed sets to start---a much better deal than their open-stock prices. Macy's and Williams-Sonoma often have good sales with bonuses, too, especially around the holidays.

Macy's sometimes has odd pieces available in its online clearance center, too. I got a double boiler insert and a big steamer insert for about 1/3 the list price there. They sometimes have free shipping included, even to Hawaii (a rarity when shopping online).

http://206.210.90.92/
    Mall of America. But go to the link on my first post and from there you'll find the merchant links. Ten years ago I got that set for just over $300 and it included a fryer, sauce pot, large sauce pot w/steamer, large stew pot, spatula, skewer, ladle, spoon, one other item I can't remember. Even the utensils were stainless steel.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      Mall of America. But go to the link on my first post and from there you'll find the merchant links. Ten years ago I got that set for just over $300 and it included a fryer, sauce pot, large sauce pot w/steamer, large stew pot, spatula, skewer, ladle, spoon, one other item I can't remember. Even the utensils were stainless steel.
      I went to the site and clicked on all the retail links but couldn't find even a mention of Mepra products on the sites.

Comment

I'm sure if you Google enough you'll find a site. Remember I bought my set over 10-years ago. I'm sure there's a place to buy it as this stuff is absolutely the best I've ever used and that includes the stuff sold at Macy's (formerley Liberty House) and even at Executive Chef.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          I'm sure if you Google enough you'll find a site. Remember I bought my set over 10-years ago. I'm sure there's a place to buy it as this stuff is absolutely the best I've ever used and that includes the stuff sold at Macy's (formerley Liberty House) and even at Executive Chef.
          A google search got me a few sites for Mepra flatware (expensive but it looks really nice) and a few cookware items on eBay.

Oh well....

Comment

Working...
          X