Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coke or Pepsi?

holy thread ressurrection, batman!

also: of the 2: pepsi, but with alcohol, coke.

prefer: mt dew code red
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I don't drink colas anymore, but I preferred PEPSI over COCA COLA.

Comment

I choose Coke (Classic) hands down over Pepsi.

As an adult, I'm not much of a soda fan, but sometimes an ice cold glass of Coca Cola Classic hits the spot.

As a kid in the 70's, I traveled to Japan and other asian countries alot, where restaurants commonly sold Coca Cola (before it had to be called "classic) in recycled Coca Cola glass bottles that had this slight green tint to them. I'm not sure if it was the (city's) chlorinated water or the carbonation process they used, but it was much better than the canned Coca Cola "Classic" we have today.

The limited edition small glass bottles they offer on occasion here comes close, but still not as good as that (fountain?) recycled bottle stuff.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Vanilla Coke (don't see it anywhere lately except for the Dole cannery Theatre) although I see Diet Vanilla coke in stores, just dont like it.

#1 right now is Black Cherry Vanilla Coke. Can't get enough of that.
          n'importe

Comment

It's been almost a month and a half since I last had a soda(partly because of new years res. partly to save cash), but when I do drink soda's I get Mountain Dew. Do they even sell any Mountain Dew clones in Hawaii. I know in the mainland they have Mello Yellow and Surge which are simular
            808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
            kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
            http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

I like Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Sprite
              Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron View Post
                It's been almost a month and a half since I last had a soda(partly because of new years res. partly to save cash), but when I do drink soda's I get Mountain Dew. Do they even sell any Mountain Dew clones in Hawaii. I know in the mainland they have Mello Yellow and Surge which are simular
                Safeway sells something called "Mountain Breeze" that's sort of a clone (probably doesn't have the caffeine in it, though).

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                  I choose Coke (Classic) hands down over Pepsi.

As an adult, I'm not much of a soda fan, but sometimes an ice cold glass of Coca Cola Classic hits the spot.

As a kid in the 70's, I traveled to Japan and other asian countries alot, where restaurants commonly sold Coca Cola (before it had to be called "classic) in recycled Coca Cola glass bottles that had this slight green tint to them. I'm not sure if it was the (city's) chlorinated water or the carbonation process they used, but it was much better than the canned Coca Cola "Classic" we have today.
                  The difference between Coke before and Coke now is that the old Coke formulation used CANE SUGAR in it for the sweetener; today's Coke uses high fructose corn syrup (because it's cheaper). I think most other countries outside the US still do use cane sugar; I know whenever I come across a bottle of the stuff that comes from Mexico, it's coveted for a long time because it really DOES taste better with sugar in it! If you ever to go LV and want something different to do besides gamble, go to the Coke Museum on the Strip and on the top floor, they have a tasting area where for $7 you get samples of about 15 different Coke products from all over the world. Some of them (especially the ones from Japan) taste really weird.

Miulang
                  Last edited by Miulang; January 31, 2007, 02:27 PM.
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

either coke or pepsi (can't remember which one) sells a "kosher" version a few times a year for the Jewish holidays. It has a blue cap and is made with cane sugar. This is sold on the mainland, but have no idea if you'd find it here.
                    n'importe

Comment

me I perfer coke over pepsi.... always have... I will drink pepsi on occasion... tho I do agree that the old style version is the best... they should revamp that an sell it... even tho it might cost a bit more I bet alot of the baby boomers would pay a little extra for a old style flavor... I would... an Im a gen-Xer....
                      Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

Actually, there may be some good news in sight soon for fans of cane sugared Coke: if in fact the US starts producing ethanol in greater quanities, the corn needed to produce the ethanol would probably supercede the corn used for high fructose corn syrup, which means then that the price of cane/beet sugar might become as cheap or more cheap than using corn.

Tough choice: fuel for my car v. better tasting Coke? hmmm.

P.S. Apparently the reason why Coke decided to produce kosher Coke is because some high powered rabbi got on Coke's case because corn is not kosher. However, even the kosher Coke doesn't use cane sugar; apparently it uses sucralose, which is a cane sugar derivative but not cane sugar. Oooh...that brings up another interesting point: if corn isn't kosher and if ethanol is produced from corn, wouldn't conservative Jews be unable to buy hybrid cars?

Miulang

Comment

hmmm...i remember when i was younger i used to like RC cola, cuz it's my initials. hehehe. but i am a true Coke Fan! Coca-cola rocks. Hey, remember when Pepsi came out with that crystal pepsi??? i thought that was pretty good. i wonder what happened.
                          ~Rubes~

Comment

Is Diamond Head Sodas still around?

:curious:

Comment

I don't care for soda, but if I had to choose, I'd prefer a pepsi on tap over crushed ice.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                                Is Diamond Head Sodas still around?

:curious:
                                i'm pretty sure they are. i used to love drinking the strawberry flavored one. hmm..makin' me thirsty now.
                                ~Rubes~

Comment

Working...
                                X