"Lost" - The Final Season (6): Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" - The Final Season (6): Episode & Storyline Discussion

thanks Helen. I'm confused every week this season and realize that I need to watch every second of the show - forget having to go to the bathroom!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Just finished watching a tape of last night's episode. I have to say that the alternate timeline with James and Miles as LA police officers (and partners to boot) was totally unexpected.

Comment

So in this episode we have a Haneso and Whitmore being on the Black Rock with Richard. I also find it hard to believe that the Black Rock destroyed the statue but not cracked open from the impact.

Also kind of wondering what binds the Man in Black to the island? For an entity that can uproot trees and throw people around one would figure it could build a raft and simply sail out of the island.

Comment

It dawns on me, on the original time line flight Oceanic 815 while it was heading for Los Angeles, actually turned around and was heading for Fiji when the crash occured.

However in the alternate time line the plane never turned around in first place.

This also brings up many questions. In the 3/23 episode Jacob claims he brought the Black Rock ship in, but did he also bring in Oceanic 815 to the island as well? He did visit at least 6 passengers from that flight, 4 of which were before the flight crashed on the island.

Comment

Not really this week's episode, but it was this week's repeat. I was watching the rerun of "I Do", the finale of Season 3's mini-season. And while Danny the Other is trudging through the jungle of Hydra Island, he complains that Jack "wasn't even on Jacob's list."

Of course, we now know that Jack was in fact on Jacob's list. So either it was a continuity mistake or Ben was lying to them. Each option is highly plausible.

Comment

I missed the air of this week's episode, so I was watching it online last night, and I suddenly realized that the dagger the MIB gives to Richard, the same one that Dogen gave to Sayid, is exactly identical to one I own. Unfortunately it's in a box somewhere in my mother's shed, but I feel somehow special. I wonder how common that design is? I bought it at a flea market many, many years ago.
              Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
              Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

From Paul Ogata:
                "Of course, we now know that Jack was in fact on Jacob's list."

Well, we know that "Shephard" was on the list. Is it Jack or his father Christian?

Same question about "Kwon" - Jin or Sun? Although I believe Sun said this week that she's a candidate.

Comment

I'm guessing, of course. But we know that Jacob "touched" Jack and guided him to the island. And we know that Jacob wanted Hurley to bring Jack to the lighthouse. Plus, Jack wasn't able to kill himself with either the Black Rock dynamite, alcohol or bridge suicide.

Comment

Finally some action for this week's episode, however due to ABC's putting on a logo for the V countdown on the lower right corner of the screen blocked out whatever Sun had written down to show Jack.

Comment

I missed the thing where they run last week's episode with pop up explainations. probably gonna look for it at lost.com
                      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

They didn't air it this week. I suspect because last week's episode ran an extra 6 minutes.

Comment

it probably won't on anymore because Dancing With The Stars is back and tuesday nite @ 7pm is the start of the results show.
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Article in the NY Times about Ryan and Jennifer's podcast here.
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Heads-up for those planning a LOST finale party - the two hour finale, preceded by the expected one-hour recap show - will air on Sunday, May 23. Sez so in a story in this morning's paper about local (KITV) ad sales - $5000 for a 30 second spot, which is pricey for local avails.

Comment

So it is finally revealed the source of the island's whispers.

Also kind of wondering about Desmond if both of the 2004/2007 versions know the same thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X