Iron Man Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iron Man Movie

Ho yeah! Just got back from Pearlridge. Iron Man rules! I enjoyed that more than just about any movie I've seen in the last year.

It blows Transformers into the WEEDS!

And yes, stay to the very end of the credits! Do not leave!
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

i enthusiastically agree; for me, iron man was far more entertaining and engaging than transformers. and yes, the very last scene will make your day if you're a marvel fan!
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I saw that Rottentomatoes.com published an article about Iron Man being the most highly rated superhero movie on their site to date, beating out even Spiderman 2.

Judging by the comments here, I might have to go down and see this for myself.
        Eating my way through restaurants at http://www.nomnomfoodie.com

Growing a local Hawaii food blogger community at http://www.hawaiifoodbloggers.com

Comment

Saw it last night... insert cheering in movie seat icon here Very entertaining and the cockiness of RDJr was perfect for the role. I don't really go out of my way to watch this type of movie but I enjoyed it. Held on to my bladder throughout the movie.

The wife and I stayed almost to the end of the credits when the extra scene apparently showed... but we had to go (literally).

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            If you do see this movie stick around after the credits, there is a brief 20 second scene at the very end.
            Just got back from the theater to see it. Thanks for the tip! I stuck it through the entire credit roll, which amazingly, that movie took what seemed like THOUSANDS of people to make. So it looks like we have an Avengers movie in the works!

Yeah, RDjr's cockiness was a huge factor in the execution of his roll. I loved it.

But wow, the movie had me up in my chair from start to finish, and was as awesome and as I expected it would be. The only thing I would have wished for was more kicking @ss of the terrorists. When he came back as the new-and-improved Iron Man to that town and took those guys out, was the best part.

I actually didn't care much for the final battle scene and how that panned out. I had hoped it would be something that involved Iron Man collaborating with our military on a joint operation in the middle east.

They did a great job on the CGI. The flight and fight scenes were fluid and very believable.

This is certainly a DVD to add to my collection.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I saw Iron Man this afternoon and loved it!

It was refreshing that it wasn't wall-to-wall action/special effects, but what there was, was excellent, and believable. And, based on comments here, as well as comments from my nephew, I suffered through the credits, waiting for that final bonus scene. I could have done without that, and gone with Alohabear's link instead (haven't actually looked at it).

When did the "ending credit" director feel it necessary to list everyone involved in the movie--from the writer, director, actors, caterers, go-fers, and cleaning ladies?

Comment

This to me, was RD Jr's defining scene in the film: The Jericho

He could have also included a couple of cheeseburgers with that deal. lol
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Iron Man creator Stan Lee has a brief cameo in the movie, as a Hugh Hefner look alike.

Comment

Watched it. Loved it. I want more Iron Man films.
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

wasnt a big fan of many of the other "super hero" movies that have been comin out lately, but this one was niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

definately cant wait till the second one.

the second hulk looks good too

peacelove
                      "Until the color of a mans skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes"

"To devide and rule will only tear us apart. In every mans chest, there beats a heart"

"So feel this drum beat, as it beats within. Playin the rhythym. Resisting against the system"

Comment

i saw this the other day. When i first started seeing the previews a few months ago i had no interest in it. i tend to shy away from overly "cgi" oriented films.

but the almost universal praise for this film by all ages really piqued my interest. So I am glad I went because I really enjoyed it.

This was just this past Wednesday, and surprisingly there were only 7 people in the theatre (Dole at 4:20 pm on wed.). I am hoping the evening crowds are a bit better, or that most who have wanted to see it have.
                        n'importe

Comment

ooooooo, i wanted to make sure and mention this for anyone who hasnt seen it yet.

stick thru all the credits. they give you a peek into what the second one will have to offer!

peacelove
                          "Until the color of a mans skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes"

"To devide and rule will only tear us apart. In every mans chest, there beats a heart"

"So feel this drum beat, as it beats within. Playin the rhythym. Resisting against the system"

Comment

Originally posted by Just Me(HI) View Post
                            ooooooo, i wanted to make sure and mention this for anyone who hasnt seen it yet.

stick thru all the credits. they give you a peek into what the second one will have to offer!
                            Didn't realized they pulled a "Pirates of the Caribbeans" trick. Have to get the DVD to watch the last scene.

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

or you could watch it on youtube...
                              n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by Kaukura View Post
                                or you could watch it on youtube...
                                Not if you're on dial-up.