This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2008 Presidential Elections

Even though it seems like 2008 is a long time from now, many of the potential candidates for President in 2008 are already lacing up their running shoes:
    McCain, Giuliani, Romney, possibly Obama, possibly Clinton, etc. etc. etc.

One scenario I would LOVE to see is a McCain/Lieberman ticket on the Republican side vs. Edwards/Obama for the Dems. Man, what a race that would be! Even I would have a hard time trying to figure out which team to vote for.

Anybody else got any ideas for a "dream" ticket for President/Vice President in 2008?

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections

From what I heard Hiliary is leading Obama in the polls by a large margin.

Will it a be a first for a Woman and a Former First Lady to become President?

Anything is possible.

I say Clinton/Obama.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I'm goin with Rudy in the early running. He's the only guy I see who has the balls that Clinton had.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
        I'm goin with Rudy in the early running. He's the only guy I see who has the balls that Clinton had.
        (cough,cough) TimKona, dey say behind the man ~ it's the woman who runs the show! So Hillary had the "balls" back den. And she proved it to the world too...by standing up for her MAN!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Like another Republican darling, Linda Lingle, I think the second time’s the charm for Arizona Sen. John McCain. Unlike former Mayor Rudy Giuliani, McCain has run a presidential campaign that include huge successes (like the New Hampshire primary). He’ll learn from his mistakes, and raise rediculous amounts of money from conservatives and moderates. Giuliani would make a strong running mate, though, as he does have mass appeal. So give VP honors to him.

On the Democratic side, I think Aunty Lynn is right. The two stars in the party are Hillary and Obama. John Edwards will once again use his youthful looks to try and win some votes, but in the end, no one likes a loser. I think Delaware Sen. Joe Biden is a real dark horse. I would vote for him, simply because from my perspective, his one of the smartest men on Capitol Hill, and one of the few who doesn’t need some thinktank consultant to explain to him what’s going on in Iraq.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Re: It's official.

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
            No, it's not official. It's only quasi-official. He's only forming a committee to explore his chances at this point. He has said he will make an official decision on a run for the Presidency no later than Feb. 10. In the meantime, his announcement today probably pre-empted Hillary from announcing today (she cancelled a scheduled press conference that was supposed to be held this afternoon).

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

The field is growing at an astonishing rate on both sides of the aisle. Pajamas Media has posted a presidential straw poll and you can vote weekly. No surprise to see Obama leading at this point on the Dem side. I was surprised to see Bill Richardson, the governor of New Mexico in second spot. He is an interesting character. Vote Early, Vote Once a Week!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                (cough,cough) TimKona, dey say behind the man ~ it's the woman who runs the show! So Hillary had the "balls" back den. And she proved it to the world too...by standing up for her MAN!

Auntie Lynn
                Strictly a personal opinion...I wish Hilary had had the 'balls' to divorce her man after the Monica scandal. I 'spose that would've been political suicide for her; being a divorced woman running for office so soon after the divorce. And she was probably advised against it at least while Clinton was still in office. But, well, what can I say that hasn't already been said by women who've been thru the same experience...except in Hilary's case it was played out internationally. How humiliating.

No way...straight to the curb!

Comment

Hillary Clinton launches White House bid: 'I'm in'
                  Sen. Hillary Clinton jumped into the fray as a 2008 presidential candidate with the words "I'm in" posted on her Web site. "And I'm in to win," she added in a statement, announcing she has set up an exploratory committee that can gauge opinions and raise money for a presidential campaign. Clinton's announcement comes on the same day that the next president will be inaugurated two years down the road: January 20, 2009. The former first lady and Democratic senator from New York is considered her party's front-runner in what has become a diverse Democratic field. Should she win, she would be the first woman to serve as president of the United States -- and the first presidential spouse to do so as well.

Comment

Ohmanohmanohman I am gonna LOOOOOVVVEEE this next Prez election!!!! With HRC, people either love or hate her. The dame has no middle ground.

On the more important tangents. Which address sounds more Y2K American? Which sounds most proper and formal?

-Ms. President
                    -Madame President (kinda French)
                    -Lady President (kinda British)

Remember your late 70's: it was Bush vs Reagan before they became Reagan and Bush for eight years in the WH.

pax

Comment

Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico is also stepping into the ring today by announcing the formation of an exploratory committee, too. So at least until the Democratic Nominating Convention, we will have 3 firsts as potential candidates: a woman (Hillary), an African American (Obama), and a Latino (Richardson). My, how times have changed (for the better)!

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        I wish Hilary had had the 'balls' to divorce her man after the Monica scandal.
                        Hilary proved she had bigger 'balls' when she stuck with her man. Divorce was the easy answer.

Comment

I asked myself the question of which of the declared candidates would be most likely to vigorously defend against an attack on our country, and was somewhat surprised to realize that I think HRC has the potential to be a very agressive war time president. Maybe it's because I was pleased with her frank opinion of Iraqi PM al Maliki. I also think she has more than her fair share of anger/hostility just waiting for an outlet. I'd hate to be in the crosshairs with her finger on the trigger .
                          Last edited by glossyp; January 20, 2007, 04:25 PM. Reason: word choice

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            Strictly a personal opinion...I wish Hilary had had the 'balls' to divorce her man after the Monica scandal.
                            I do believe that this will be THE single factor that will make/break her candidacy.

And, there is a % of democrats that will be pissed off with their party for fronting her. 'Is this the best we can do? Haven't we learned any lessons yet about being a weak-ass party for the last 8 yrs?'

pax

Comment

It's good to see so many Democrats are supporting a pro-war candidate. Hillary might have a shot if she can continue to walk the tightrope of opinion on the Iraq War.

No doubt, Dems, all aflutter with the potential, will see fit to ignore her positions on the War. Selective Deafness is what my Ma used to call it.

You guys continue to crack me up.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com
                              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                              X