Gab Gone Guam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Howzit from Guahan!!

^Maybe somebody should shut that website down, IT IS NOT nice in any way.

NewRootz, maybe you should do a counter-site, called "SAIPAN SUCKS, BUT ONLY IF YOUR MAINLAND-SPOILED AND CANT ENJOY THE ISLAND LIFE"

oh, better stop before some haole accuses me of being racist........

....wrong word, only dead people have "no breath".

I2I

Comment

ae wow brut.. that post was kinda harsh.. even to me it seemed pretty racist lol.. i dont think anyone should waste their time trying to make a ''counter website''... that site is almost meaningless.. but i can empathize with his point of view.. he just doesnt understand all the things he might see as ''unjust'' in the culture over there
      Ebb And Flow

Comment

Originally posted by newroots
        Wow.. you got alot of good points I2I.. all the governors that guahan had were corrupt.. Wanna know why people kinda act haole in the north and in the central?? cuz they think its embarassing to be close to da roots. my generations was brought up to follow like .. the ''hiphop'' culture and punk rock stuff.. it sucks.. but like you said.. that stuff is funny!! .. especially in the north where they think they are gangsters!! hahaha
        gangster culture is haole culture?

i don't think i've ever heard that before.

white people seriously laugh/make fun of white people who act gangsta.. its not haole at all.
        Last edited by Tiger Beer; May 29, 2006, 02:48 AM.

Comment

uuuuuhhhh....we think we're gangstas?? naw man...we dont. we're very proud of our roots. i'm sure that you dont mean to generalize....right?? but to those of you that dont know....us chods from the north are very proud of who we are and where we come from. our blood, sweat and tears are in the land that we grow our food on...and in the waters that we fish. the north does have a higher and more diverse population than the south...so i guess i can see how u might come across that impression. BUT...i have come across the same kind of "MTV/OC wannabees" coming from the south. Guam's government IS corrupt. but i challenge u to show me a government...any government...that is not. Guam is like anywhere else...we have our issues that need to be dealt with....and we have our beauty that can be found no where else. any place can be enjoyable or "hell on earth"...its what you make of it.
          oh....back to my point....us folks from the north are just as proud of our culture, heritage and over 4000 years of history as our southern chelus. how can the chamoru people move forward if we just keep pulling each other down???

Comment

who is the mayor of saipan now?

Comment

i talu.. basta man dagi dagi che'lu .. the guys in the north are fagget umbri... nah just kidding.. i agree with you on all your points bro.. but except for the government.. i think guams government is more messed up than the usual. and as for the ''beauty''... its long gone.. beauty was a thing of yestercentury. guam is begining to be very crowded and polluted. and were making all the hawaiians get angry.. IS THIS GUAM THREADS??? haha
              Ebb And Flow

Comment

yeah...maybe we've turned this into "guam threads", huh?!?!? but i sure do appreciate the opportunity to connect with and discuss my home with others.
                the government of guam is better than what it used to be...still corrupt...but its alot better than 8 years of "sunshine". i find it so disheartening that u cant see the beauty of our island. guam IS getting crowded and polluted...just like oahu. but, just like oahu, the beauty is still there. u wont find it in waikiki just like u wont find it in "pleasure island." but the greatest, most important beauty of guam is, of course, its people and our culture.

i dont get why we're making hawaiians angry. can u explain that to me...and why it should matter. i seriously doubt that the hawaiians...or anyone else....would care if chamorus were getting upset with them. i honestly dont understand that comment.

have a great weekend. til next time...................

Comment

and as for the ''beauty''... its long gone.. beauty was a thing of yestercentury.
                  Guam is still beautiful - check out this series of photos all taken within the past couple of years. You just have to look to see it.

edited to fix link
                  Last edited by glossyp; June 2, 2006, 09:42 AM.

Comment

i guess no one knows who the mayor of saipan is

Comment

Does Saipan have a mayor? Maybe the villages have mayors, but not the island itself? It's been a long time since I've been there, but I thought Saipan had just a governor/lt. governor. Gov. Benigno Fitial and Lt. Gov. Tim P. Villagomez now, from what I googled.

Sorry for any ignorance on my part. Just trying to help!

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree
                        i guess no one knows who the mayor of saipan is
                        The mayor of Saipan is Juan Borja Tudela. Each of the larger islands have mayors: Rota, Tinian and Saipan. There is also a mayor for the smaller Northern Islands.

Comment

thanks, i googled it but it didn't give the years in office..i was wondering if Guerrero was still mayor...he had a son that had aplastic anemia and was here to get treatment or rather and we used to hang out with his other son jesse.

Comment

If you don't like Guam,then take the next plane out...

I've been reading alot of your posts in other boards on here and you should be ashamed of yourself on trying to change your Chamorro Roots to Hawaiian...

Chamorros are proud of their Heritage,but your are the only one I know that wants to deny it...

If you want New Roots then pick either Spanish,Filipino or Mexican or you can select all 3 since Chamorros have all 3 Bloodlines...

Good Luck on your Identity Search

whazzzuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup... doesnt guahan suck I2I?
                            Last edited by Caliguy; August 16, 2006, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Re: Guam VS Hawaii

If you like Cooler Weather,More Things To See or Do,Rarely Any Tropical Storms and a More Fast Paced Life,No Snakes and Cheap Airfares to the Mainland then you'll like Hawaii...

If you like the opposites of above then you'll like Guam,but I also wanted to note that Snakes are a rare sighting in Guam,and Guam is the only island in The Marianas Archipelago that has Snakes...

Snakes are not endemic to Guam,but was brought into the island on a Cargo Ship.
                              do you think hawaii is more betterer as a state .... or independent country?

whys it so hard for it to become independent?
                              Newroots you should be more concerned with what goes on in The Marianas Islands.

Comment

Re: Guam v. Hawaii

You know what? I have heard that Hawaiians are some of the kindest people on earth. I have heard that Hawaiian culture of respect mirrors the people of Guahan...but I have also heard that Hawaiians think of themselves as the superiors to all other islanders and after reading this thread I believe it! We have nothing but the upmost respect for ALL islanders and to read some of the things that you people have said about us sends shivers up my spine.

From what I hear...Hawaii is not too different from Guahan aside from the size and population...Hawaii's crime rate is no better...your drug problems are no better...Hawaii has it's own government corruptions to worry about as well. Chamorus hang out with Chamorus and Filipinos hang out with only Filipinos? Really? Is that what you heard or have you experienced yourself? Some of my good friends are Filipinos...some are black and you better believe I have Haole friends too! Yeah we "SHAKA" all the time and use the slang "Haole"...don't mean we want Guahan to be like Hawaii...then it wouldn't be Guahan! As a matter fact we don't chase "Haoles" from our beaches the way you do...I lived on Guam for over 20 years and have only seen 4 snakes in my life...at least we don't have a rodent (mongoose) problem. Most of you are ingorant of what we are about! Guahan has it's Americanized or Haolefied area (mainly the central), but don't tell me Hawaii is immuned to the likes of Americanization. Islanders have pride but are also humble. Your comments in here only show personalities of VANITY! Its so sad that we have had nothing but the upmost respect for Hawaii and their people and come to find that you bash us like you are better...I challenge you to live on Guahan...befriend our people. We do nothing but kick back, BBQ, jam the guitar or uke have a good time...ILSAND STYLE.

Quoted from...Missing da 'aina
                                "p.s. they say "Hang Loose, bro" and call white people "Haole"........
                                ...you know what they say, "imitation is the highest form of flattery"...they can keep ripping Hawai'ian stuff off, but Guam will NEVER be Hawai'i."

I don't recall ever saying "Hang Loose, bro"...nor do I recall anyone ever picking it up. I for one don't want Guahan to EVER be Hawaii.

I don't think down on Hawaiians, but many of you in here have made some totally ignorant comments...

Comment

Working...
                                X