Gab Gone Guam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gab Gone Guam

As someone who was Born and Raised in Hawai'i, who now resides on Guam, I would honestly leave that opinion to Chamoro's (Guamanian's).

I say those who really know this place should speak up (as has alraedy been done). Even though I've been here almost 2 years, I STILL DONT KNOW THIS PLACE as well as someone who's been here ALL THERE LIFE.

..and besides...I dont think it's my buisness.......
    ..now, Politics of Hawai'i.....thats my forte.

and...just for da Hawai'ian's here....My best description on Guam would be:
    "Kinda like the outer-islands, but hotter and more humid" (also WAY MO' EXPENSIVE TO FLY TO) a.k.a. "Same but Different"

2 all the Guamanians on the boards, I'd like to hear you thoughts on the Politics here in Guam, seems to be all I EVER hear back here.

AloJahZ!
    -S-

Comment

A moment of gratitious promotion for our very first web-to-print effort Let's Eat! A Guide to Dining on Guam, 2007. That's our partner on the cover and it's been a long haul since the site launched in June 2001. In all that time we never missed a weekly newsletter despite typhoons, power outages and assorted disasters, natural and manmade. It's a happy day for us.

Comment

well.... its part of International Law that non-governing Indigenous peoplez have the right to decolonize themselves if they choose to.

Its on the United Nations law. I think 10,000 marines + 1 child and 1 spouse = maybe 20,000 people at least. But the military influx will bring more money into Guam.

I don't think the united states would invest 10 billion dollars if they had any intention of Giving the Chamorro people a chance to 'de-colonize' themselves.

When this movement happens... It will improve the economy on Guam.. But it will make the plight of the chamorro and their ancestors already more difficult then it is now.

My people and our ancestors only want whats right.. Which is Indigenous Rights. The same rights that my ancestors died trying to preserve for me.
        The same Indigenous Rights that made Spain nearly succeed in a genocidal campaign on a peace loving people from a small harmless island in the pacific.

The same Indigenous rights that the great noble country of the United states wrongfully denies to let us obtain.

I think the Founding Fathers' idea of the United States is great. ''one nation under god with liberty and justice for all....'' But the men who made that whole 'Manifest Destiny' Crap is bullsh*t!!!

Like the First americans who fought against ''British Colonialsm..'' All we want is freedom... True Freedom ... The freedom for my people to have complete control of our Destiny , our Land , and our way of life.
        Ebb And Flow

Comment

Kia Ora tātou i roto i te aroha nui o tō tātou Atua,

E whakaae katoa ana au ki te whakaaro kia riro anō i te iwi Kuwami te mana whakahaere o tō ratou motu.

I completely agree that the Guam should be independent

Arā, kia ora ana te mana Kuwami.

That the Guam can retain their pride as a people

Otirā, mā rātou e whakatakoto te wā e matenuitia ana e rātou te wehe atu i Ngā Whakahononga o Amerika. Kei a rātou te tikanga ki te whiriwhiri.

However, it is up to them to set the time when they want to separate from the USA. It is up to them to decide

Noho ora mai rā

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Dog View Post
            2 all the Guamanians on the boards, I'd like to hear you thoughts on the Politics here in Guam, seems to be all I EVER hear back here.

AloJahZ!
            -S-
            What about the politics? There's a lot of things to mention, but off the top of the head:

1) There is no difference between Democrats and Republicans.

2) There are two incredibly divided groups of Democrats.

3) It's all about who you know and how well you treat them.

4) It's all about who you're related to (a cliche, but still relevant).

5) There are some in seats of power whom are not the ones in control.

That's about all I can say publicly without revealing too much, especially since it's my name on the handle.

I know Ken Stewart. He's worked closely with my father. When I first started working on Guam, Ken recognized me instantly because I look so much like my dad.
            ---
            Gene

"A man can surely do what he wills to do, but cannot determine what he wills." - Schopenhauer

Comment

Sounds like more soldiers are moving from Okinawa Japan to Guam these days as well.

Comment

Working...
              X