This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch today?

Was treated to lunch at The Pineapple Room at Macy's Ala Moana today. Oh, so ono! I got the "Express Lunch," which was tomato soup, caesar salad (with the anchovies!) and a kalua pig sandwich... plus the dessert, which was the best part. Chocolate macadamia brownie with ice cream, accented with chocolate sauce, strawberries, pineapples, oranges and blueberries.

Comment

We're doing filipino food today.
      La'akea

Comment

left over stew for me. For some reason stew tastes better the next day.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

craigwatanabe..left over stew for me. For some reason stew tastes better the next day.

Most recipes do! Homemade chicken noodle soup, cheese Chicken Spaghetti, chili....I think the spices do their complete job after the 24hrs. or something, and when reheated, you have the perfect recipe of whatever it is.

Lunch today? Had a late breakfast, guess lunch will be early dinner or soemthing. No idea....salad with honey ham would be nice.
          Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Kinda like that refried bean theory: Eh man these beans taste great! Maybe going taste better if we fry em again eh?

Comment

Pressed turkey and cheese sandwich, washed down by Orange Gatorade.

Comment

Auwe Helen...why you go smash one good Turkey sandwich? Da bread was all fluffy dakine la dat now stay flat as one dead mongoose on Pahoa Highway.

But hey if smashing em make dat Turkey taste better maybe I go try do em wit my Big Mac too eh?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  Was treated to lunch at The Pineapple Room at Macy's Ala Moana today. Oh, so ono! I got the "Express Lunch," which was tomato soup, caesar salad (with the anchovies!) and a kalua pig sandwich... plus the dessert, which was the best part. Chocolate macadamia brownie with ice cream, accented with chocolate sauce, strawberries, pineapples, oranges and blueberries.

You are the fortunate one...I love the Pineapple Room it's like a real treat to go there...I'm drooling on the keyboard...they really do the best desserts.

Comment

A "Healthy Turkey and Ham Sandwich" from a Sodexho vending machine
                    at UH-Manoa.

"Healthy" means it had some iceberg lettuce, a bit of tomato and a couple of cucumber slices on it.

(Since all the hot-bowl options in the machine have been offered for the past three days, I figured the bowl might have been sitting in there all this time, so went for a safer choice, even if it did cost me 35-cents more.)

Comment

Garlic fried chicken plate from a lunchwagon near Aliiolani Hale, which I quickly carried over to Burt's (Quark's) "Bytemarks" lunch at the Richards Street YWCA. Next one is Oct. 21!

Comment

Going to get something from U-Choice Drive In or some other place at Daiei for lunch today.

Comment

Helen reported:

"Going to get something from U-Choice Drive In or some other place at Daiei for lunch today."

Probably did better than I .... "Tomato Beef" from a Sodexho vending machine. Oh well, it was only two dollars and I wasn't hungry anymore after finishing about half of it.

Comment

Combo special from Kauai Family Restaurant: Kalua pork and cabbage, ginger chicken, mac salad and rice. Dessert (purchased but not consumed yet): haupia and a piece of lilikoi cake for da kane.

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                            X