This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 12

A friend took me out to lunch. To Sushi Sasabune.

Yeah, I know. I hate me too!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      A friend took me out to lunch. To Sushi Sasabune.

Yeah, I know. I hate me too!
      Oh, that is so very nice. Dreams of sushi...

Comment

Stuffed fish, rice and a bottle of Diet Coke with Lime.

Comment

pizzapizzapizza

Mom brought me leftover Pizza Hut pizza from work. Pepperoni and one with roasted garlic, baby spinach, and tomatoes. That was tastyyyy. I never eat anything other than pepperoni. Maybe pepperoni with mushrooms and olives. But I totally want more of that garlic/spinach/tomato one.
          myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Cheeseburger, salad with bleu cheese, and an iced tea with lemon. On the lanai at The Shack, in Kailua.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Enchiladas Suiza w/rice & beans, & a Coke - soft food (my teeth still hurt, see "breakfast" thread).

Comment

Tuna sandwiches, Fritos and a bottle of Diet Coke with Lime.

Comment

Avgolemono soup & a Coke. Not too hungry today - got a cold coming on (caught from the AF, who has had it for a week).

Comment

Steamed Moi (Chinese Style), Na'au Pua, Tripe Stew, Chicken Gizzards/Liver Adobo, Ahi Poke w/Seaweed, and Crablike Salad.

Poi.

Rootbeer Soda.

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

BBQ Chicken plate lunch from Yummy's BBQ.

Comment

Lunch was brunch. I had smoked salmon with two Arturo's brand, supposedly Hawaii-made, fat free tortillas made with oat flour, and topped that with freshly made salsa, with plenty of raw onion, garlic and a bit of raw jalapeno.

Dinner....oh, that's another thread, burp~
                        Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

yesterday's lunch, after the big bum-out re the closing of imari bento, was from another sam sung plaza tenant, elim bakery & juice. the name puzzles me bcs i've never seen any baked goods nor juice in there. the only dessert-y thing they have is a shave ice with fruit and azuki beans. we go to elim for homestyle korean food at a reasonable price. a former (korean) boss of mine introduced me to the place about seven years ago.

eric had the kim chee hamburger steak. it doesn't have any visible kim chee in it but it does have some of that flavor. maybe they use the kim chee pickle liquid in the mix. anyway, the gravy's quite good, and they give two nicely sized, tender patties.

i ordered the pork stir fry. it's made with thinly sliced pork belly, squash, cabbage, onions and ko choo jang/kim chee sauce.

they give sides of korean style takuan, which is a little tangier than japanese style, kim chee (korean strength and yummy!), pickled sweet/hot peppers and a bit of seaweedy soup with some fishcake in it.

onokinegrindz review here.

yelp review here.

i also recommend their homemade man doo (either fried or steamed--they make it in store, and it puts the frozen kine you buy at the grocery to shame!) and their noodle soups. their kim pap (korean sushi) is also quite good and for less than $4.00, quite satisfying. those of you who are as picky about rice as eric and i are will find elim's rice excellent--it's shimmery, uniform in appearance, and slightly sweet.
                          Attached Files
                          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Chicken salad sandwiches and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Chicken Sammy, Sour Cream & Onion Chips and a can of coke from Quizno's

Comment

Cheeseburgers and a bottle of Diet Coke Plus.

Comment

Working...
                                X