X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
    And in other news, the guy who waited a long time to get a rent payment from the Hillary campaign is going to use the money to donate to the Obama campaign.
    From that link:

Last week, Kathleen Strand, New Hampshire spokesperson for the Clinton campaign, said everyone who provided a service to the campaign will be paid. She called cases like Bennett’s and Reese’s “isolated delays.”

Strand said campaign volunteers make an agreement with a landlord and then the flat payment is agreed upon. She said it takes time to process the invoices and then send out a check.

Strand also said she regrets that the building was not left in the condition it was rented in.

Well I guess Kathleen may not have a job anymore. Can you imagine the phone conversation between Kathleen and Hillary? I'm sure the "B" word was used quite extensively..."Who you calling me a B*tch you B*tch!" Cat fight!!!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Craig: I imagine a lot of these "firing" scenes are eerily similar to those Darth Vader choking scenes in Empire Strikes Back.

Interesting -- did anyone else know that bigtime news mogul and conservative Rupert Murdoch gave $2300 to Hillary Clinton's campaign? Those meddling Campaign donation directories

Also, some Silicon Valley CEO was playing the flute in the Hillary4UandMe video.

Comment

And who says CNN is impartial

The vision of seeing Hillary holding the commander up by his neck with her one hand is amazingly clear. Almost as if it's in HD!

I can imagine Hillary telling Obama as she wins the Primaries, "Obama, I am your Mother...join me on the dark side, together we can rule the universe!!!"

Comment

I caught just a bit of Face the Nation earlier and noted a sparring match between Obama and Clinton operatives about Obama's commitment to a publicly funded general campaign if the Repub opponent agreed. The Obama operative was parsing what the candidate "really meant". McCain looked like a long-shot at the nomination when he made a firm pledge to only use public funding if his opponent did so. For Obama, the public funding stance probably looked like a good idea in keeping with his theme of change and rejecting the "politics as usual" route.

A bit of research turned up numerous accounts of Obama's unequivocal statements about this plus details of how his campaign sought and received a ruling from the Federal Election Commission that he could accept private financing in the primaries and switch to public funding for the general election. A Washington Post editorial from Feb. 16 details the current situation.

In November this is Obama:
          Q: "If you are nominated for president in 2008 and your major opponents agree to forgo private funding in the general election campaign, will you participate in the presidential public financing system?"

A: "Yes,"... "If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election."
          Now:
          ...Mr. Obama's campaign, which has been raking in money at an astonishing clip of more than $30 million a month, is starting to hedge. Speaking to the Associated Press, Mr. Obama's spokesman, Bill Burton, downgraded the Obama plan to "something that we pursued with the FEC and it was an option that we wanted on the table and is on the table." Asked about the campaign's earlier position, Mr. Burton said, "No, there is no pledge."
          Of course, Obama does not have the nomination sewn up, but it is a certainly an illustration of the influence of money. Not surprisingly, HRC has made no such pledge. The whole issue of publicly funded presidential campaigns is complicated and interesting.

Another article on the Obama "waffle" from the NY Times.

Comment

Hundreds of Non Citizens Have Registered to Vote in Bexar County, Texas

Comment

That's pretty sad. Here we get citizens too lazy to exercise their greatest freedom in our country, yet illegal aliens who cannot exercise that right to vote...are doing it.

Our country is so screwed up.

Comment

Ferguson, who supports Clinton, doesn't buy that argument for a minute.

"Superdelegates are not second-class delegates," Ferguson said. "The real second-class delegates are the delegates that are picked in red-state caucuses that are never going to vote Democratic."

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                That's pretty sad. Here we get citizens too lazy to exercise their greatest freedom in our country, yet illegal aliens who cannot exercise that right to vote...are doing it.

Our country is so screwed up.
                It might make for an interesting yet controversial persuasive public service announcement for encouraging citizens to vote :P
                Last edited by Vanguard; February 18, 2008, 03:35 PM.

Comment

You know with so many illegal aliens doing basically slave labor work, the PSA could be, "I don't vote...I let my slave do it for me"

Comment

Hillary targets pledged delegates

Hillary calls for end to electoral college, in 2000
                    Last edited by Vanguard; February 19, 2008, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Is anyone else having trouble logging on to hawaiidemocrats.org ? Here's the error message I get:
                      Safari can’t open the page “http://www.hawaiidemocrats.org/index...1&Itemid=92” because it can’t find the server “www.hawaiidemocrats.org”.

I've also tried Firefox with the same results. Is this the same error message when a web page is on circuit overload?

Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        Is anyone else having trouble logging on to hawaiidemocrats.org ? Here's the error message I get:
                        Safari can’t open the page “http://www.hawaiidemocrats.org/index...1&Itemid=92” because it can’t find the server “www.hawaiidemocrats.org”.

I've also tried Firefox with the same results. Is this the same error message when a web page is on circuit overload?

Just curious.
                        Something is definitely wrong as I'm getting the same error. Alternate website is oahudemocrats.org.

Comment

Thanx, glossyp. The link you gave worked just fine!

Comment

I'm so excited for tonight. I can't even concentrate on work right now.

I don't care how nerdy this sounds, but voting is one of my favorite things to do.
                            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                            We're not here to mess around
                            Boston, you know we love you madly
                            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                            You know we couldn't live without you
                            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                              I don't care how nerdy this sounds, but voting is one of my favorite things to do.
                              Spoken like a true patriot

Comment

Working...
                              X