This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obama Watch

So far what I have learned about him I really, really like. That goes for his wife, Michelle, too. On Oprah they both spoke about family life and the reason the family still resides in Illinois while Obama commutes to DC...instead of the family moving to DC. He spoke of his multi racial family (his mother is caucasian and his sister has an Asian father) and the United Nations look during family reunions! He spoke about banning the use of corporate jets (I'm not sure if that's a personal decision or for all Senators as I received a phone call at that time). When Oprah wanted Obama to go to Africa with her on her corporate jet he turned her down. He took his family to Africa the conventional way!

Obama seems to be a man of integrity with a seriously great head on his shoulders. But, alas, can the majority of voting citizens wrap their heads around the concept of voting in someone who just might bring hope?

Oh wait...he hasn't even announced his intentions yet!

Comment

Dream ticket: John Edwards for Prez and Barack Obama for VP. Guarans that the moderate Dems would be in power at least 16 years!

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

a security guard and i were talking about obama and the security guard suggested that hillary and obama should team up and i said that i doubt either wants to be v.p. so i doubt that'll ever happen! listening to obama talk for about an hour on oprah was easy. he's pleasant, seems focused, seems down-to-earth, etc. he strikes me as being someone who wants to make as big an impact as possible and it's hard for me to imagine him accepting the #2 spot. i think he has big ambitions and dreams and while he may settle for #2 in order to get to #1, my guess is that he's going for #1...
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
          a security guard and i were talking about obama and the security guard suggested that hillary and obama should team up and i said that i doubt either wants to be v.p. so i doubt that'll ever happen! [...]
          I was thinking the exact same thing and arrived at the same conclusion! Just the thought of a qualified ticket consisting of a female and someone with African-American ancestry is exciting to me. I'd love to see that happen in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
            He does seem like an extremely intelligent guy, honest and real. Wouldn't it be nice?
            Sure would. And heck, you just gotta root for the guy with local ties! I still think he may be jumping the gun for 2008, but he'd probably get my vote, whenever he runs, should he end up the Democratic candidate.

There was an interesting commentary in the Dallas Morning News a while back. I had no idea Obama smoked, wouldn't have thought it an issue, anyway, but find the analysis of the "tactically perfect vice" to be interesting. I still think about it when the press coverage on him borders on the embarassingly reverent.

Where vice is a virtue
            On the one hand, it sets Mr. Obama apart from the likes of Al Gore and John Kerry, who suffered from the public perception that they had been training for the White House – and thus forgoing (or burying) foolish diversions like smoking – since they were teens. And, on the other hand, it may serve to shield him from what could be the major knock on Hillary Clinton – that she is an eat-your-vegetables type who wants to impose her yuppified abstemiousness on the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              I was thinking the exact same thing and arrived at the same conclusion! Just the thought of a qualified ticket consisting of a female and someone with African-American ancestry is exciting to me. I'd love to see that happen in my lifetime.
              This is not going to happen, not if the woman is Hilary and the African American is Barack. Their previous Senate voting records show that they voted on opposite sides at least FORTY times, including on major issues like Iraq (she voted for funding, he didn't). On the political spectrum, Obama is more akin to John Edwards than Hilary.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                This is not going to happen, not if the woman is Hilary and the African American is Barack.[...]
                Ok...then I'll opt for Barack and Oprah!

Comment

You people are all a twitter over the prospect of anybody other than any conservative running or winning the next election. Clinton, Obama, et al.

We must get rid of God, raise taxes, cancel Christmas, increase entitlement spending, let teenagers get abortions without parental consent, support NAMBLA, send sex-offenders to "counseling", teach sex-ed to 7 year olds in the public schools, deny private school tuition assistance to the underpriveledged, eliminate "private" property, be careful of what we say so as not to offend anybody, and allow lawlessness to proliferate everywhere on the planet, including within our own country.

I'm starting to see things more clearly.

PS Miulang - Show me the Edwards/Obama ticket, and I might consider it viable. Versus McCain/Giuliani, I would stay conservertive though.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                    You people are all a twitter over the prospect of anybody other than any conservative running or winning the next election. Clinton, Obama, et al.

We must get rid of God, raise taxes, cancel Christmas, increase entitlement spending, let teenagers get abortions without parental consent, support NAMBLA, send sex-offenders to "counseling", teach sex-ed to 7 year olds in the public schools, deny private school tuition assistance to the underpriveledged, eliminate "private" property, be careful of what we say so as not to offend anybody, and allow lawlessness to proliferate everywhere on the planet, including within our own country.

I'm starting to see things more clearly.

PS Miulang - Show me the Edwards/Obama ticket, and I might consider it viable. Versus McCain/Giuliani, I would stay conservertive though.
                    You forgot undermine the institution of marriage. Support NAMBLA? You're nothing if not over the top, Tim.
                    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

I'm not sure how you perceive ME as over the top, when I am simply reiterating positions held by pillars of the liberal community such as the ACLU.

How does that make ME over the top Sinjin??
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Yes, that is what I am referring to: an Edwards/Obama ticket of moderates. You want a conservative Republican ticket? It sure ain't McCain/Giuliani! You'd need more of a Mitt Romney and I dunno yet (Newt Gingrich, maybe?). Both McCain and Giuliani are way too liberal for you to consider.

Miulang
                        Last edited by Miulang; January 2, 2007, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure how you perceive ME as over the top, when I am simply reiterating positions held by pillars of the liberal community such as the ACLU.

How does that make ME over the top Sinjin??
                          The ACLU does not construct the Democratic Party platform, Tim. The ACLU has defended the KKK as well. How many Klansmen vote Democratic these days would you suppose?
                          “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

Now come on Sin....the ACLU is not focused on the KKK nearly as much as it is upon the myriad number of liberal issues that it supports. That kind of comparison is just crazy.

But the real point is that you lableled ME as over the top for the NAMBLA reference. That's like killing the messenger.

The ACLU is a fundamentally wickedly bad organization at it's core. There are many people who blindly support these evil doers because of dogmatic ignorance. You find these folks on the left side of the political coin much more often than on the right.

And in case I have not made it clear enough, then you can check yourself that the ACLU has defended NAMBLA in court, and they have defended minors in their efforts to keep medical secrets from their parents.

The shocking part of it is that there are lots of Americans who would agree with both of those ideas.

Obama has a much better shot at getting elected than Clinton simply because the black community has more traditional roots, akin to conservative values.
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

The shocking part of it is that there are lots of Americans who would agree with both of those ideas.
                              Not shocking as I am one of those Americans. You're over the top because you implied the Democratic Party supports Nambla. Tell me Tim, does the The New York State Bar Association support organised crime?

Comment

I did not imply that the Democratic Party supports NAMBLA.
                                The Dem Party supports the ACLU. The ACLU supports NAMBLA.
                                If A then B. If B then C. Therefore, If A then C.
                                The Dem Party clearly supports NAMBLA. Perhaps, by that logic, then Dems support the KKK also. It is a known fact that liberal policies embrace racism.

And you honestly think that minors should be allowed to have medical procedures performed upon them without parental consent??
                                FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
                                X